Hey ladies, do you eat 1600+ cals?

Options

Replies

• MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    1) I eat 1630ish, plus my exercise calories.
    2) I log most everyday unless it's some kind of special occasion where logging food is really difficult.
    3) I'm not the best at commenting on stuff, but I try!

and;

4) I'm 40 pounds down and only have about 20 more to lose, but I understand the struggle! I've been there.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    My net is 1500 and eat almost every drop, every day.

I also exericse a minimum of 3x a week.
  • Pedalpush
    Pedalpush Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm currently at 1,580 and I consistently go over - exercise or not. MFP suggested, after a certain amount of weight loss, that I drop to 1,320 to achieve my goal. I thought I was going to kill someone.

I could probably do it, but why would I make myself and everyone around me that miserable? I am a stress eater extraordinaire. I log everything, but I also eat everything. I am accountable if nothing else. I also workout like a madwoman at least four days a week and lift heavy things.

Good luck to ya sweets!
  • JustAnotherGirlSuzanne
    Options
    I have a weird cross in between EM2WL and the MFP recommended guidelines. Don't ask how I go there. I'm not even sure... :huh:

I eat 1580 calories a day before exercise. (that's pretty close to 1600, right? :flowerforyou: )
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Shame shame on me I only eat lil' ol' 1500 a day:ohwell:
  • spirit05
    spirit05 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • CorlissaEats
    CorlissaEats Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1750 per day since multiple calculators tell me that is my BMR number- the one required for basic life functions in this broken down body of mine.

My TDEE is around 2100-2200 so if I go over my calories I don't stress until I hit 2200 in a day. :cry: I also do not eat my workout calories- at least not intentionally or as an excuse to have another cookie.

Since my goal is to lose weight and not kill myself I do my best not to go below the Basal Metabolic number. MFP tried to convince me to aim for 1200 when I filled it the profile but that number would leave me hungry, sick, and discouraged in very little time so I have upped it twice now. Everyone is physically different though.

People are free to add me as long as they are following a healthy diet. Ie. not starving themselves or pursing habits with potential long term negative consequences.
  • Isakizza
    Isakizza Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Yes I do.

I eat an average of 1700-1800 everyday.

21525558.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm supposed to be eating 1850 calories a day... I'm getting there about half the time, my days tend to be between 1300-1400.

This is me too. I am supposed to be 1720 and average 1300-1400. Not on purpose just have a hard time most days.
  • ttknowles01
    ttknowles01 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I eat about 1600-1950 calories per day (1450 on rest days) and workout 6 days a week. I have about 30lbs to lose. Feel free to add me :-)
  • pfgaytriot
    pfgaytriot Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I started eating at the 1200 - 1500 calorie range and cardio only, but am now eating around the 1900 - 2100 range to build muscle and lose fat while lifting weights. I've lost about 80 lbs and I'm a bit flabby now, so I wish I had started eating more and included weight lifting into my routine from the beginning because I feel like I'm playing catchup now.

Feel free to add me if you'd like. I track my food and exercise daily. :smile:
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Hi! I eat 1700 calories or more a day depending on exercise and have been loosing consistently. Anyone can add me if they'd like. I always love to have more motivation and support!
  • NesiaAmador
    NesiaAmador Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I need to be eating 1600 calories a day also! I need to lose about 20pounds but you know since ive been working out ive thrown the scale out the window because I have slimmed and lost a lot of inches! you must remember while your working hard to lose the weight if your doing exercise your also building muscle so not all the time the number goes down but fat defiantly disappears. I started my journey at the end of april I did the insanity program which is a 2month program it kicked my butt everyday and started drinking shakeology everyday at the end of my first month and a half so 6weeks I had lost 20pounds! I was so estatic! but than the numbers on the scale weren't moving and I got very upset so I stopped getting on the school and started taking pictures and boy was there still a transformation going on! I am now doing T25 which is a 10week program and I love it so much ore than insanity although ive been having some accountability issues doing it I try my best I do have my shakeology everyday and that helps speed up my weightloss and my over all nutrition! Its a 25minute workout 5days a week and they even provide modifications if you cant do some of the moves I love it!! :) Wanted to share where im at in my journey and im still working on my goal but I do plan on having a flat tummy within the next three months I know I can do this!!! and I know all of you can do it as well lets work together!! :)
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm eating 1640 cals a day, excluding exercise cals. I'd love to get new friends and help motivate each other! Feel free to add me!
  • gringuitica
    gringuitica Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Bump. Always looking for new pals who eat!
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    i do believe in the "EAT MORE to lose weight".I tend to eat over 1800 net calories everyday (sometimes even more!!!) but i do have an active job and run/exercise 2-3 days a wek. and i log everyday. That is the only way to stick to a healthy plan. It is so easy to fall off if you don't pay attention to what you eat.

friend request send.
  • tochatty
    tochatty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I target 1500-1600 each day and yes there are some days I go over with the extra exercise calories. I am losing slower but I am the first to admit I am not measuring everything 100% and I know that is a horrible trap because portions could be bigger than what I am logging. I am working on this and long as I never give up I know I'll get there. Good to see others are eating around the same.

My friend at work does know more than 1200 and I just think I would feel deprived.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    My target is 1830, which I usually get pretty close to. I, too, decided I wanted to do this slowly, and in a way that was sustainable. I've failed before when I dropped calories too low, both by giving up, and once by losing 75 lbs on a low calorie diet and then not being able to maintain it.

FR sent!
  • EandA85
    EandA85 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I aim for 1600-ish plus exercise calories. Any less than that and it's a serious binge trigger for me. Add me!
  • Lavinia2You
    Options
    Really happy to hear that there are others who aren't doing the 1,200 calorie thing. I just feel like I'm starving to death on that amount. So, I upped mine to 1,500 calories with about 25 minutes of exercise each day. I am 5'7" and have 70lbs to lose. So far, this is working for me. But the key has been not to freak out if I go over by a hundred calories, and also be OK with being under some days. In the long run, as long as the scale is moving in the right direction, then it's working. ~L