Starting a 40 Day Fast

Options

Replies

• AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    You do know, when they talk about toxic people, this isn't what they mean, right?
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I feel very sad for your family. Do you think they'll be happy you are dead?
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Laura. I have been a member of this site for over 1 month. After a lot of research and careful consideration, I have decided to start 40 day fast for several reasons.

I have attempted to eat healthy / watch my calories, however I am only able to maintain my weight. Being that I am a part-time chef, it is difficult sometimes to cut down the amount of food I am eating, and drink water instead.

For years I have had a very toxic system. When I exercise, if I do too much, I feel very ill. Therefore exercising a lot to lose the weight is not going to happen for me at this point in time. The most I can do right now is 30 minutes 3 - 5 times per week.

Lastly, after years and years of eating and taking in toxins, I can sense that my body is tired and needs a break. For the past 2 weeks, I have felt nausea with headache all the time, except when I eat. Even so, an hour later it comes back.

I will be fasting by drinking only magnetically correct water with salt, apple cider vinegar, and lemon with cayenne pepper. My question(s) to all of you is this: Have any of you been on a fast ? If so, for how long ? What did you eat / drink during your fast ? What was your experience ? Thank you for your input.

get help.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    do you mean 4 days...?
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    This is not a good idea. Your body requires more than sweetened lemon juice to sustain it. If you're having almost constant nausea and headaches you need to see a doctor.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    NO.
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    TAt1M6N.gif
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Laura. I have been a member of this site for over 1 month. After a lot of research and careful consideration, I have decided to start 40 day fast for several reasons.

I have attempted to eat healthy / watch my calories, however I am only able to maintain my weight. Being that I am a part-time chef, it is difficult sometimes to cut down the amount of food I am eating, and drink water instead.

For years I have had a very toxic system. When I exercise, if I do too much, I feel very ill. Therefore exercising a lot to lose the weight is not going to happen for me at this point in time. The most I can do right now is 30 minutes 3 - 5 times per week.

Lastly, after years and years of eating and taking in toxins, I can sense that my body is tired and needs a break. For the past 2 weeks, I have felt nausea with headache all the time, except when I eat. Even so, an hour later it comes back.

I will be fasting by drinking only magnetically correct water with salt, apple cider vinegar, and lemon with cayenne pepper. My question(s) to all of you is this: Have any of you been on a fast ? If so, for how long ? What did you eat / drink during your fast ? What was your experience ? Thank you for your input.

After several minutes of reading your OP and careful consideration, I have come to the conclusion that you did not do much, if any, research on this at all. Or, if you had, you perhaps read one or two blogs that said it was a good thing and completely ignored any real science.

I urge you to reconsider doing this fast, as you will probably get sick trying to do it for 40 days. I hope you make the right choice.
  • TruthSeeker777
    Options
    To those of you who think that my doing a 40 day fast is a bad idea, I understand your concern and a long time ago, I would have agreed with most of you. However, I have tried normal dieting and exercise, and it is only prolonging my suffering. For those of you who recommend I see a doctor--several of my friends ARE doctors, REAL doctors that have studied natural medicine and have healed many people the correct way.

For those of you who recommended Intermittent fasting, thank you, this is also a great idea, however I am looking for something more drastic and more cleansing. Perhaps this is not true for all of you, but after years of overeating, I have a lot of food that is sitting in my stomach rotting away and blocking the nutrients from entering into my bloodstream. I also have a steady dose of mercury going into my blood on a regular basis due to my mercury amalgam fillings. After 15 years of being on medication, 15 years of having a steady dose of mercury everyday, and 23 years of eating unhealthy foods, the toxins have built up in my organs and have caused an accumulation of toxins and gallstones that are blocking the proper functioning of my organs-- which yes, can lead to serious health complications, which is why I have decided to do this fast. Eating more and taxing the body further will only make matters worse.

As for magnetically correct water-- I'm not sure where you are doing your research, however magnetic water ( filtered first, of course ) is excellent for reducing contaminants in the water. I took this straight from the website I obtained my magnetic water filtration system from: "The PiMag® Waterfall® is certified to meet contaminant-reduction specifications of ANSI/NSF Standards 42 and 53 in reducing compounds including aesthetic chlorine, chloramine, mercury and volatile organic compounds."

And for those of you who hope I fail-- what goes around comes around. Be careful what you hope for. I know your intentions in hoping for my failure are good, however to hope for someone else's failure is never a good thing to do karmatically.

The purpose of this post was not to obtain criticism, but feedback from those who have already fasted-- regardless of the timeframe. I appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but criticism without proper research is somewhat worthless to me-- no offense to any of you. Thank you everyone, again, for your input.
  • Coraddy
    Options
    A friend of mine is doing something called the RICE diet.She lost 8 lbs the first week.Personally it's not something I would do.But I think it's better than not eating.I also know someone who is doing Medfast and has lost 25 lbs this month.I just think there can be something else you might want to consider before fasting more than a couple days at most.You need food to lose weight.I think you've heard that before, right?...maybe just try tweaking you're diet a little, drinking more water,eating more greens,getting calories in liquid form instead, I dunno or doing a different workout,adding yoga?...change your routine somewhere? Try maintenance calories for a couple of weeks to give your body a rest? Then go back to a deficit.It seems like there has to be an alternative other than this.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Hi SoupandCookie, thank you for your concern. For about 15 years, I was on a lot of medication, haven't been on any for 5 years now but the damage is done. I also have several mercury amalgam fillings.

Yes, I am doing this under the care of several health consultants who helped me wean off the medication and lose 20 lbs. It is not their recommendation that I do the fast, however they are supportive of my decision.

Are these actual medical doctors? Or some nutritionist with a 14 week certification?

Hope you survive and don't end up in the ICU!
  • whierd
    Options
    To those of you who think that my doing a 40 day fast is a bad idea, I understand your concern and a long time ago, I would have agreed with most of you. However, I have tried normal dieting and exercise, and it is only prolonging my suffering. For those of you who recommend I see a doctor--several of my friends ARE doctors, REAL doctors that have studied natural medicine and have healed many people the correct way.

You mean a naturopath? No.

For those of you who recommended Intermittent fasting, thank you, this is also a great idea, however I am looking for something more drastic and more cleansing. Perhaps this is not true for all of you, but after years of overeating, I have a lot of food that is sitting in my stomach rotting away and blocking the nutrients from entering into my bloodstream.

No, no you don't. Why do you even think this?

I also have a steady dose of mercury going into my blood on a regular basis due to my mercury amalgam fillings. After 15 years of being on medication, 15 years of having a steady dose of mercury everyday, and 23 years of eating unhealthy foods, the toxins have built up in my organs and have caused an accumulation of toxins and gallstones that are blocking the proper functioning of my organs-- which yes, can lead to serious health complications, which is why I have decided to do this fast. Eating more and taxing the body further will only make matters worse.

What are these mysterious "toxins" that you keep referring to?

As for magnetically correct water-- I'm not sure where you are doing your research, however magnetic water ( filtered first, of course ) is excellent for reducing contaminants in the water. I took this straight from the website I obtained my magnetic water filtration system from: "The PiMag® Waterfall® is certified to meet contaminant-reduction specifications of ANSI/NSF Standards 42 and 53 in reducing compounds including aesthetic chlorine, chloramine, mercury and volatile organic compounds."

And for those of you who hope I fail-- what goes around comes around. Be careful what you hope for. I know your intentions in hoping for my failure are good, however to hope for someone else's failure is never a good thing to do karmatically.

The purpose of this post was not to obtain criticism, but feedback from those who have already fasted-- regardless of the timeframe. I appreciate CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, but criticism without proper research is somewhat worthless to me-- no offense to any of you. Thank you everyone, again, for your input.

And where did you do YOUR research? Any peer reviewed studies? Or just vague opinion websites?

Actually, nvm. I do have a request though. Will you please, pretty please, keep a daily thread here so we can get your firsthand accounts of your progress?
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I don't know where your friends went to medical school, but you do not have years worth of rotting food in your system. There is no legitimate science to support anything you have said. What you propose is dangerous. I have not seen anyone comment on this thread who expressed anything except caring alarm.

If you plan to do this regardless of health science, what was your point in starting this thread? As others have pointed out, this is against the guidelines of MFP.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    :O good lawd. many people have fillings and aren't poisened to death yet.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Actually, nvm. I do have a request though. Will you please, pretty please, keep a daily thread here so we can get your firsthand accounts of your progress?

Maybe you should also give your address to a few people or even a mod so if you don't check in, they can make sure nothing serious happened.

Man, this is not going to end well.

ETA: if these are "Real" doctors with medical licenses to practice...I'd report them and find a registered dietitian and another physician.

And edited to fix typos too. arrghhh
  • KathleenMurry
    KathleenMurry Posts: 448 Member
    Options

For those of you who recommended Intermittent fasting, thank you, this is also a great idea, however I am looking for something more drastic and more cleansing. Perhaps this is not true for all of you, but after years of overeating, I have a lot of food that is sitting in my stomach rotting away and blocking the nutrients from entering into my bloodstream. I also have a steady dose of mercury going into my blood on a regular basis due to my mercury amalgam fillings. After 15 years of being on medication, 15 years of having a steady dose of mercury everyday, and 23 years of eating unhealthy foods, the toxins have built up in my organs and have caused an accumulation of toxins and gallstones that are blocking the proper functioning of my organs-- which yes, can lead to serious health complications, which is why I have decided to do this fast. Eating more and taxing the body further will only make matters worse.

karmatically - not a real word.

Also, the quote you got from that website is marketing BS. Duh.

You will not get positive feedback from this forum, at least not from anyone with an ounce of sanity. This is MyFitnessPal...where people strive for healthier lifestyles....people here eat food. We don't all eat good food and we don't all exercise in beast mode...but we are bettering ourselves bit by bit every day with solid lifestyle changes. You are not.

Also, for the food rotting in your stomach, I suggest a laxative. Problem solved in 1 day.

Also, if you're so sure of yourself, I dare you to post your progress on a daily basis so that we can all see whether you make it to the end of this fast or not.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Wow. SO MUCH wrong with this post.

"REAL doctors that have studied natural medicine and have healed many people the correct way" = not actual medical doctors

"I have a lot of food that is sitting in my stomach rotting away and blocking the nutrients from entering into my bloodstream." No you don't.

"The toxins have built up in my organs and have caused an accumulation of toxins and gallstones that are blocking the proper functioning of my organs." No they haven't.

"I took this straight from the website I obtained my magnetic water filtration system from: "The PiMag® Waterfall® is certified to meet contaminant-reduction specifications of ANSI/NSF Standards 42 and 53 in reducing compounds including aesthetic chlorine, chloramine, mercury and volatile organic compounds." Really?? The website that sold it to you is your source of information. I know a website advertising oceanfront property in Arizona. I'm happy to sell you some.

"And for those of you who hope I fail-- what goes around comes around. Be careful what you hope for. I know your intentions in hoping for my failure are good, however to hope for someone else's failure is never a good thing to do karmatically." No one is hoping you fail in your weight loss. People are hoping you realize you are trying to embark on a plan that is, at best, foolish and, at worst, dangerous. And karmatically is not a word.
  • whierd
    Options

Maybe you should also give your address with a few people or even a mod so if you don't check in, they can make sure nothing serious happened.

Man, this is not going to end well.

Nope, it surely isn't going to.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    Options
    This should end well...
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    How tall are you?
This discussion has been closed.