Couch to 5K: Starting Monday Oct 11 -- Join Me!

Options

Replies

• browneyedmom
    Options
    I am in..I started this program a while back and ended up completing my first 5k before I finished it. Now I am doing another one 10/16 and still can't run the whole way!! I have a friend who wants to do one in November so maybe this will help me better prepared for that one! LOL!

I am not a good poster so you might not see me on much, but I promise I am here!!
  • jazzy020106
    jazzy020106 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I want to join! But, I started today.. hope thats ok!

Sure! How'd your first day go?

My first day was great! And the weather has been soo nice!! I am just not really following the program =/ I think i have skipped ahead a bit! I try to jog a 1/4 mile and then I walk 1/4 mile the jog then walk.. today i actually jogged a total of a mile =] which to me was a great accomplishment!! My new goal is to do that but with more ease! Once i master that I will try to jog for more than just a 1/4 mile (and a 1/4 mile is tough!!!)
  • Julbella78
    Julbella78 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Android users.....I found a free app by Guy Hoffman that allows you to play your own music and they will beep to signal changes.
  • eyoreblu
    Options
    Anything for Blackberry App???
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    I am in! I completed a major goal of mine -- walk a half-marathon -- 2 weeks ago and have been struggling with motivation lately, now that my "BIG UNMOVABLE GOAL" has passed. So yes, moving on to become a runner will be nice :) I am already signed up to do a 5k on October 30th and plan to walk/run it and hope to do it in less than 40 minutes (we shall see!)... I have a 5k on 1/1/11 as well which i hope to RUN THE ENTIRE THING (not caring about time!). I turn 40 shortly after New Years so getting this under my belt before then sure sounds good. So yeah, i need a new motivation, so count me in and feel free to crack the whip on me if i show signs of slacking off ;)

Oh, i downloaded a C25K podcast a while back (one for each week)... i will try to locate the link

Amy
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options

Oh, i downloaded a C25K podcast a while back (one for each week)... i will try to locate the link

Found it!
    http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Im starting my training tonight, just to see how out of shape I am lol gonna try to do the first session pray for me haha!
  • sally125
    sally125 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am interested in doing this. I started once before in January 2009 and found out I was pregnant and was afraid to run in the icy weather. Now I am trying to lose the baby weight. Count me in.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    did 5 minutes of the jogging all together and 15 minutes of walking... smoking is really killing my lungs :(
  • Mariposa7
    Mariposa7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! I've been doing a run/walk program for a while, but stopped about 2 weeks ago when it got a bit chilly here in Chicago.
    Thanks for re-motivating me!!! Good luck to all!
  • heppin1
    heppin1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'll actually be starting week 2 tomorrow so I hope thats ok!! I hope this will help hold me accountable for finishing the whole thing! I always start but then life just gets in the way and I stop.
  • TBHunter
    Options
    I am in!
    I will be starting in with a nasty cold, but I am still going to start!
  • neasy23
    neasy23 Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm in! Started this about a yr ago, but never finished! I will be away the week of the 18th, but this is a great tool to keep my motivated to excercise while I vaca in Aruba!!!!

Can't wait to begin!
  • purpleprose
    Options
    Good luck to everyone starting the program - I'm about to start week 9 and can't believe how I've progressed since starting the program in July!

I've even signed up for a race on Thanksgiving...stay motivated and y'all can make it!
  • abbiez
    abbiez Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll be on week 3 though as I did week 1 &2 about a month ago and have been running intervals occasionally.
  • ffhsanfran
    ffhsanfran Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    count me in. do we stop after 5K? :)
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i'm in! also for those that have issues with timing yourself there is a GREAT PODCAST FOR FREE ON ITUNES. it's called NHS couch to 5k and it is a coach for your running and walking periods along with music. it breaks it down by weeks and runs so you'll always have it for where you are in the program. super awesome
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    oh and they also have a bridge to a 10 k after that
  • cutiekay99
    Options
    Im in! I just got the info off of cooolrunnings website! I've always dreamed of being a runner. I used to do track and field when I was in elementary and middle school ( a long time ago..) I came across this once before ( C25K) but was unsure if I could do it. But I love challenges. So here goes...
  • smwilson77
    Options
    Count me in! I certainly need some motivation (and support) from the group! It's now or never!