life after HCG = weight loss disaster, help!

Options

Replies

• Khudema2020
    Khudema2020 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing some reading on magnesium - did it really make a big difference for you? How soon did you notice it?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I'm just doing some reading on magnesium - did it really make a big difference for you? How soon did you notice it?

I take magnesium for migraines and it has had no effect what so ever on weight loss.
  • Khudema2020
    Options

I take magnesium for migraines and it has had no effect what so ever on weight loss.
  • Khudema2020
    Options
    How large of doses though? I've heard you need to take 6 mg per pound of body weight
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    720mg. Which is funny, because I just divided that by my weight and it's exactly 6mg.
  • Khudema2020
    Options
    720mg. Which is funny, because I just divided that by my weight and it's exactly 6mg.

Hmmm...maybe you don't need to lose anything further tho? You look pretty amazing :)
  • atlaw26
    Options
    Wow. i just came back to this site after a month of not logging in and am so happy to see all of these posts. it's funny because most of you have advised me to stop dieting and up my calories... i sort of did that without even planning to. I went on a month long trip and basically gave myself permission to eat whatever (without going totally overboard). Now that i am back i am going to be implementing some of your tips and will update this thread and let you all know what ends up working/not working for me.

Thank you again for all the support. Feel free to add me if any of you are having similar problems -- i liked the recovery group idea!
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • truthbydesign
    Options
    I have the same issues as you. I went on it two years ago did one round and lost 15lbs.. then gained it back.. did another round lost 20lbs. Now two years later i weigh 20lbs more then i did before i even started it the first time.. and I have tried everything to lose it. Nothing seems to work. eating right working out.. the weight won't come off! I think it really messed up my metabolism, If i could do it over i would have never put that crap in my system.
  • atlaw26
    Options
    i am the same. i wish i could go back in time and not ever have taken those stupid drops.. if i come up with any sort of solution i will let you know. feel free to add me!
  • hifi898
    Options
    BUMP for later
  • karenjnation
    Options
    I am having the same problem. I literaly want to die! i am obsessed ith my weight and my metabolism was so slow b4 HCG, I have been told I am in starvation mode, since age of 15. I am now 52. I am literally anorexic. I am 5 ft 3 and weigh about 185, I think, scared to get on scale. Hcg was only time I ever lost weight without megadosing on diet pills and exercise and starvation. I did 4 rounds lost 75 lbs and as soon as I got off immediately started gaining, I went on atkins...big mistake. Gained like 30 lbs in like 6 months, now I am on a very lean atkins and only carbs I have is greek yogurt and some berries for lunch. Eat about 800 calories a day most days. Dont even have much of a cheat day. Have yet to eat a plate of real food or go to a restaurant and order something fattening! The gained has slowed but still up another 10 or more in about 14 months so about 45 lbs gained in 14 months while dieting. I admit I dont excersie much, so depressed over life. I dont know what to do! It ruined my body as well. Iused to have a nice figure even when I was heavy I was curvy and had a flatter stomache, now my stomache is huge. I have rolls of fat! I cant wear jeans anymore! I always wore jeans even at my heavist. I wear dresses that hide my fat rolls and only wear black. My daughter is going through the same thing... HELP! I am going insane!
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    hi to all hcg ers!!
    okay i wasted a lot of money ordering hcg.
    because i wasnt living in usa or uk where i could see an example of it
    but i did the diet for 2 days only and i realized i had wasted my money.
    but i knew health is far more valuable than money.
    so i have hcg nicely packed in my fridge
    and it will stay there until it expires.

Sory to say this i dont want to offend anyone --but how could you even complete a single round (20-40) of hcg.
    and then u gained back weight and went back to use it!! didnt ur mind tell u to stop fooling urself :(
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    actully the internet is full of good stories about hcg
    which encourages one to use it
    i tried to post negative things on fb pages of hcg but they delete all such comments
    so i think there should be a website where all real people report their negative experience of hcg.
    only this way we can stop its usage
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you this, but you aren't taking HCG. Well, unless you're buying it illegally online, since the FDA banned it. Otherwise, whatever you're taking *is* just a gimmick and you've been duped into eating a dangerously low calorie diet. Womp womp.
    According to these 2 articles from 2012 there's a "hormone Free version of HCG at drugstores that are dangerous".

FDA Bans HCG But It's Still In Local Stores
    Updated: Mar 30, 2012 3:57 PM PST
    it is technically legal for stores to carry the HORMONE FREE VERSION of HCG, but health officials say consumers should be aware that it is not FDA approved, and could be dangerous.

http://www.kwqc.com/story/17204579/fda-bans

HCG drops banned by FDA, yet still being sold
    March 26, 2012

http://www.collegenews.com/article/hcg_drops_banned_by_fda_yet_still_being_sold1
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    hi to all hcg ers!!
    okay i wasted a lot of money ordering hcg.
    because i wasnt living in usa or uk where i could see an example of it
    but i did the diet for 2 days only and i realized i had wasted my money.
    but i knew health is far more valuable than money.
    so i have hcg nicely packed in my fridge
    and it will stay there until it expires.

Sory to say this i dont want to offend anyone --but how could you even complete a single round (20-40) of hcg.
    and then u gained back weight and went back to use it!! didnt ur mind tell u to stop fooling urself :(

I think that most people get hooked on seeing the scale move so much. My in-laws were losing a pound per day. If you gain back the weight they tell you that you must have done it wrong and it was all you. Usually in threads like this there are at least a couple of people who are still doing the diet that will come in and say that everyone who gains their weight back just didn't do the final stage correctly.

It's been really hard for my family members to lose weight with calorie counting, not just because their metabolisms were shot but because you just don't see the same kind of losses doing things the healthy way. They get frustrated and want to go back to the quick fix, and they convince themselves that this time they'll do it 'right' and keep the weight off. My mother-in-law only just admitted (2 years later) that maybe the HCG diet wasn't a good thing for them.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Just in case anyone reading this is still in favor of HCG I'll give you an update on my father-in-law. He's the one who initially started the program because his health was in serious danger from being obese and they told him he needed to lose weight ASAP. He went to a clinic and got the prescription shots. The ones that are supposed to be "muscle sparing."

Well, he lost a ton of weight and now has gained it all back. But worse than that, he's been having heart problems and this week he had some tests done. They told him that he had lost about 30 lbs of muscle, which included some heart muscle, due to the VLCD (so much for HCG protecting the muscle). So now he's in worse shape than before.

Do not believe it when people tell you that HCG will make sure you lose only fat. 30 lbs of muscle would take years for him to rebuild.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    So in comes HCG. I thought people doing it were complete idiots. I saw my friend drop major weight in a short time which peaked my interest so my investigation began. I buried myself in HCG and all things HCG related for 6 months prior to taking that huge leap of faith. I learned that there was no HCG in drops even if its homeopathic etc. it tests negative for HCG therefore it is not HCG which is why the FDA banned the drops.

HCG is not approved for weight-loss purposes at all, whether in injections, shots, or any other way.

This is because every medical study that's been done on HCG showed that people who took the shots (yes, the studies were also done on shots) showed no weight-loss difference between people who took HCG while eating at a certain caloric level and people who ate at the SAME level without HCG. If you have read otherwise, you have been lied to.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    dammit, I knew I should have saved some of my pregnant lady pee.....
This discussion has been closed.