Any males who don't want ANY muscle definition on your body

Options
If you are male and you dislike the look of any kind of muscle definition on your body please make it known.

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    This ought to be interesting. And I really mean that. I believe that this is something atypical for a male, so I'm wondering who doesn't and why.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for myself on this, but I'll submit every Male J-Pop band member for your perusal.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am perfectly content with the not so defined "scrawny" me thank you very much... Those who feel the need to make themselves more fit based off of appearances alone are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Not being muscular doesn't make me any less of a man
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I really never even thought about it once in my life til now.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    You can call me. :wink:
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I am perfectly content with the not so defined "scrawny" me thank you very much... Those who feel the need to make themselves more fit based off of appearances alone are self conscious people who need to rethink their lives. Not being muscular doesn't make me any less of a man

Not everybody does it for appearance. Some have health issues and its just a benefit of the exercise with genetics involved...
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I was under the impression that men have as wide a variety of preferences for their own bodies as women do for theirs.

Men just talk about it less.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options

Not everybody does it for appearance. Some have health issues and its just a benefit of the exercise with genetics involved...

This is a exception, if one requires it based off of health reasons that's a whole other ball game!
  • Chieflrg
    Options

This is a exception, if one requires it based off of health reasons that's a whole other ball game!

Agreed. You also have to factor some do it to make their job easier, as manual labor is no joke. None the less, you are 100% correct on it doesn't make you any less of a man.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options

Well, I would say it's not just appearances or health, either. Many men work out and want to be in good shape to be able to perform in their preferred sports or activities. I mean, you can play basketball while fat, but you're obviously going to be better and faster if you're in better shape. And while getting into better shape, you're going to trim some fat and build some muscle. You may not be bulking, but you'll be more defined. My big question is... what does it matter? Some folks want to just lose weight, some want a little tone, others want to look like bodybuilders. We all have our own ideal in our heads whether you are a man or a woman. Just my 2 cents, for what it's worth!
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I would say most korean and Japanese men would fall under this category.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    True.
  • kuntry_navy
    kuntry_navy Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Agreed. You also have to factor some do it to make their job easier, as manual labor is no joke. None the less, you are 100% correct on it doesn't make you any less of a man.

Agree with the manual labor! Stonger and more stamina in the gym, means stronger and more stamina in the field. Beach muscles come second any day!
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I have a "friend" let's just say...who is a truck driver who eats fast food for several meals every day of his life, i would imagine. He is adorable, and i wouldn't classify him as either big or skinny......but he has absolutely NO definition at all in his legs. The first time I noticed it, it surprised me.......it is very uncommon (in my experience anyway) - - but yeah, didn't stop me from bringin him ta ruckus.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Does covering up muscles with beer and cake count?

5s6n3.jpg

pnxO8.jpg
  • jtyler83
    jtyler83 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    quality post above
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Does covering up muscles with beer and cake count?

5s6n3.jpg

pnxO8.jpg

That would fall under training for sport and not aesthetics.