11 Reasons You’re Failing To Lose Fat

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Well bless your little heart. Let me badger to you to show some compassion.
    Obviously the person we are talking about has more issues than weight, instead of backing off some people turn into wolves on here. Dancing badgers are so much nicer. Everyone is different, and everyone learns and comes to realizations differently. Can't we all just get along? I wish I knew how to do gif's, imagine an image of a dancing badger and big wolf doing the cha cha here. :happy:

Not sure what you're talking about. As soon as that poster said what she said about not leaving the house, a few of us told her pretty straight-up that she really needs to log off MFP and go talk to a professional.

No one "badgered" her after she said that. No one.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    It is funny. I don't have a thyroid either after having Grave's Disease. Too many people go to their physicians hoping to be able to attribute their weight issues to a thyroid condition, when it is really just lifestyle changes that need to be made.

Yeah ... This annoys me ... Being hypothyroid (un-medicated or under-medicated) is SO MUCH MORE than just weight issues ... hair loss, fatigue, bradycardia, hypotension, constantly being cold, etc. ... NOT FUN AT ALL, trust me, I've been there ...

If the only "symptom" you have is weight gain or inability to lose weight, than it's most likely NOT thyroid related.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Well bless your little heart. Let me badger to you to show some compassion.
    Obviously the person we are talking about has more issues than weight, instead of backing off some people turn into wolves on here. Dancing badgers are so much nicer. Everyone is different, and everyone learns and comes to realizations differently. Can't we all just get along? I wish I knew how to do gif's, imagine an image of a dancing badger and big wolf doing the cha cha here. :happy:

Not sure what you're talking about. As soon as that poster said what she said about not leaving the house, a few of us told her pretty straight-up that she really needs to log off MFP and go talk to a professional.

No one "badgered" her after she said that. No one.

Yes you did and that was good advice. I was commenting to some snarky comments made after she deactivated her account about hand holding and such. Then there were comments made about badgers and a cute gif.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Seriously, if your thyroid was capable of laughter, it would be laughing at you for trying to use it as an excuse for eating and exercising like a dumbass.

Best part ^^

Could you please tell me how this is funny? Ever thought that some of us DO NOT even have thyroids anymore?

It is funny. I don't have a thyroid either after having Grave's Disease. Too many people go to their physicians hoping to be able to attribute their weight issues to a thyroid condition, when it is really just lifestyle changes that need to be made.

I would agree. Few people actually have frank thyroid disease although there is currently somewhat of an epidemic of thyroid cancer. Most all obese folk have quite normal levels of thyroid hormone IN THEIR BLOOD. The problem is utilization of thyroid hormone at a cellular level. Obese men and women, because of higher levels of circulating estrogen (the extra estrogen comes directly from fat cells) have a blunting of the efficacy of thyroid hormone at a cellular level. Exercise, because it reduces estrogen levels is very important to the loss of body fat (among the many reasons to exercise). Building muscle enhances calorie burn--as everyone here likely knows. It also increases testosterone production and that is extremely beneficial for obese men in particular.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little. Fill up with fresh fruits and veggies. Raw and cooked! About a pound a day! Half and half. Yeap! That's what I said. About a pound a day. Try to minimize any animal product. That means no eggs.dairy, fats, or any sugars, breads or pasta. Way easier said than done. A bit of nuts, lots of grains included. If you can manage a pound a day you will never be hungry! But its hard as hell! You will not only be slim, but your overall health will improve, your hair and skin will be fabulous.

That sounds either like Dr Furhman, or a diet.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    You are eating too little. Fill up with fresh fruits and veggies. Raw and cooked! About a pound a day! Half and half. Yeap! That's what I said. About a pound a day. Try to minimize any animal product. That means no eggs.dairy, fats, or any sugars, breads or pasta. Way easier said than done. A bit of nuts, lots of grains included. If you can manage a pound a day you will never be hungry! But its hard as hell! You will not only be slim, but your overall health will improve, your hair and skin will be fabulous.

Sounds like a load of crap to me. Protien is good for you ie animal products, any sugars eh? make sure then you get 1lb of veggies (not peas,corn, carrots or onions for sure) as they have sugar...fats keep your hair and skin fab not just veggies....

And on 1lb of veggies damn straight I would be hungry....1lb of broccoli is appx 150 calories and if I minimize all other foods to lets say 500 calories of it....I couldn't leave the house because to get an additional 1000 calories (and even with that many I am peckish) I would be eating alllllll the time....and I mean all the time