Friends needed... diet and no *kitten* starting TODAY!!

Options
12346»

Replies

• billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Who are you calling a diet?? :angry:

I would suggest not doing both at the same time. Its going to be rough. Good luck!
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Good luck. It's hard to give up both comfort food and cigarettes at the same time. What's your strategy for dealing with stress?
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    oh dear.. that subject line -while I know what you mean- is gonna draw some commentary..

LOL ^ this
  • cocotreasure
    cocotreasure Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Cigs to you are unhealthy mexican food to me!

I am with you!

Hugs!
  • grggmrtn
    grggmrtn Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Been watching this since the beginning, promising myself not to comment, but this thread is ridiculous.

1. Sorry my over sensitivity, but the title can be read in MANY ways. Personally, I read "I want diet buddies, no gays allowed" the first time I saw it (and I've heard from others who say the same). Use the word in a post if you want to talk about cigs, not in a title with no context.
    2. Yes, I'm aware of the non-US meaning of the word. Considering they the Brits and Aussies (among others) are aware of the US connotations of the word, the OP should have known better and showed a bit more sensitivity.
    3. The fact that there's a lot of people who tagged just for the giggles is equally gross.

Has anyone even noticed that the OP has made ONE post, and this is how she chooses to introduce herself to MFP?

Oh, and btw, just for the record: We taste better than cigs, and we don't cause lung cancer. Just sayin'. :smokin:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Ha one of my English friends told me a story about when he was in New York City and stopped a guy on the street to ask, "do you have a spare *kitten*?" Apparently the guy almost punched him.

There are a lot of Americans who don't know the other meaning of the word, so hopefully you tread carefully.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    oh dear.. that subject line -while I know what you mean- is gonna draw some commentary..

LOL ^ this

Yep I giggled. My ex is from England but even knowing what the OP meant, it still made me laugh.
  • Excuse_less
    Excuse_less Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Been watching this since the beginning, promising myself not to comment, but this thread is ridiculous.

1. Sorry my over sensitivity, but the title can be read in MANY ways. Personally, I read "I want diet buddies, no gays allowed" the first time I saw it (and I've heard from others who say the same). Use the word in a post if you want to talk about cigs, not in a title with no context.
    2. Yes, I'm aware of the non-US meaning of the word. Considering they the Brits and Aussies (among others) are aware of the US connotations of the word, the OP should have known better and showed a bit more sensitivity.
    3. The fact that there's a lot of people who tagged just for the giggles is equally gross.

Has anyone even noticed that the OP has made ONE post, and this is how she chooses to introduce herself to MFP?

Oh, and btw, just for the record: We taste better than cigs, and we don't cause lung cancer. Just sayin'. :smokin:

Whine often? Take the post for what it actually meant and stay off the soap box ........
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    A fanny is a...front bum in the UK, not a butt like it is in the US ;)

for ladies.....

Ahh, the muffin top lol
  • taylorbib
    taylorbib Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi,i'm currently 6 ft and weight 145 lb.! My goal is to same the same height and weight a least 130 lb.! I need some friends and motivational help! Please fill free to add me!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    It's actually a very, very common term in Europe.

Is "*kitten*" used to mean "gay" there as well or is it more commonly associated with cigarettes? Just curious

Cigarettes.

We're aware of the US meaning, but if you say the word *kitten* in the UK the first thing we think of is a ciggie. And it probably lacks the shock value here - rather like your fanny pack which will sound innoccuous to you, but does make us do a double take when we hear it! So a thread with that title has no shock value to us.

..what does fanny pack mean to you guys? I've never known there was a double meaning for it.

It's just the first bit, refers to the female genital area. It's not as crude as some terms but you wouldn't let it slip in front of your mum.

What you call fanny packs, we call bum bags.
  • retrobyte
    retrobyte Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    And, if a Brit asks you if they can bum a *kitten*, don't be alarmed.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    A fanny is a...front bum in the UK, not a butt like it is in the US ;)

for ladies.....

Ahh, the muffin top lol

Well, the muffin top is the flesh that squeezes over the waistband of your jeans.
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options

Ugh.