Words/Phrases that bug you!?

Options

Replies

• lupinibean
    Options
    "Totes" instead of totally

Loose/Lose. Is it really that hard? They are even pronounced differently.

"It is what it is"
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    2 words

Axed - I axed my mom to borrow her car.
    Pacific - Is there a pacific reason you're not answering your phone?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    pecker and moist are the worst words in existence

This exactly.
    "Moist..." There is never an appropriate time to use that word.

Cake?
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    One of my friends often says she's going to "catch up" with a guy when it's a first date/hookup. What do you have to catch up on? You've never met!
  • Mr_Competitive
    Options
    people say "somethink" its friggin 'something' is it that hard to get right you lazy mouthed basterds?
  • mizzliv
    mizzliv Posts: 13
    Options
    "My bad!"
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    All of these are funny :smile: I'll add women calling their boobs "the girls".

^^Agreed, also referring to them as puppies!

My vote for worst word is *kitten* - it makes me want to insert screwdrivers in my ears & pluck out my eyes.

What about sweater kittens?
  • Blaqueswan72
    Options
    "Know what I mean?" URGH!!!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I don't like how words are now used by abbreviated versions. ie "adorbs", "presh", "ridic", etc. I notice business are doing it now, too. ie American Family Insurance calls itself "Am Fam". Why? Why? Why are we so lazy? LOL.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    Options
    My friend used to take things for granite. :huh:
  • bitxbit
    bitxbit Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    Wal Marts... "Goin' to Wal Marts, ya need anythang?"
    Hot water heater
    Warsher and dryer
  • GypsyRoad2
    GypsyRoad2 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yes, axed is very annoying; how hard is it to say asked....also people mentioned back in the day, titties and boobies, all the text shortcuts bug me, although I do use them, because I hate texting takes too long to say so little, so I prefer a phone call over texting any day....also preggies, dude doesn't really bother me as long as it applies to a male, but one that nobody has mentioned that irritates the heck out of me is using the slang term "Peeps" for people that sounds so darn stupid and it always makes me think of Easter, imagine that...lol:noway:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I took my baby moon in Korea. So you can just get out.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I hate when people insert letters (usually an R) into words that aren't there like "sherbeRt" when the word is "sherbet" or "maRscapone" for "mascarpone."
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    All of these are funny :smile: I'll add women calling their boobs "the girls".

^^Agreed, also referring to them as puppies!

My vote for worst word is *kitten* - it makes me want to insert screwdrivers in my ears & pluck out my eyes.

What about sweater kittens?

Sweater kittens is also not acceptable. Nor are sweater's made from kittens. However, kittens in sweaters are adorable!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThxNlXxADMLQneJl0aZ4uALNOvu0X6zvqGx6Mgkaffbaau_3ljTw
  • steve2kay
    steve2kay Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    text speak when you're not writing a text - actually even if you are writing a text it's annoying. Why do I have to do all the work deciphering what you've written?

Oh and I've heard this a lot in the sandwich queue at work recently "can I get a cheese sandwich?" - what? No, you can "have" a cheese sandwich or you could ask someone to "get" one for you but if you "get" it, it means you work there.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    "At the end of the day". Mostly because of how much I hear it used. I used to rather dislike pet names as well (hun, sug, sweetie, etc), but then I moved to the south and of course, I find myself using them on people without thinking about it now. I will not cave for "ya'll" though. I. Will. Not.
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day.......................

I'm not being funny but..........................

Run it up the flagpole and see how it flies (more of a corporate thing)

The New Word - (in relation to restructuring at work)

Yummy Mummy - arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhh! No, just no!!

sarnies - they are SANDWICHES! What are you??? 5?

Baby talk and referring to yourself in the third person - not acceptable EVER!!!!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    "At the end of the day". Mostly because of how much I hear it used. I used to rather dislike pet names as well (hun, sug, sweetie, etc), but then I moved to the south and of course, I find myself using them on people without thinking about it now. I will not cave for "ya'll" though. I. Will. Not.

I'd love to be able to say y'all convincingly but it just doesn't work with a British accent!!