Corset/ Waist training

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Brige2269
    Brige2269 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Ladies, just be careful. When wearing one too long, the muscles get use to the support, and don't work so well on their own. Depending on how tight you wear it, it does move your insides around. I saw a few videos on youtube. Research it, please.
  • MissJanet55
    MissJanet55 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question - if so, I apologize, but I need to know - do these corsets make your belly squish out underneath? I'm *cough* asking for a friend.

I recently heard that there are many seamstresses across North America - and I'm sure in other parts of the world - who make beautiful corsets for Muslim women to wear underneath their garments, many in larger sizes.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    This may be a stupid question - if so, I apologize, but I need to know - do these corsets make your belly squish out underneath? I'm *cough* asking for a friend.

I recently heard that there are many seamstresses across North America - and I'm sure in other parts of the world - who make beautiful corsets for Muslim women to wear underneath their garments, many in larger sizes.

Nope. Check out this youtube vid for explanation....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40rjz-rGtS0

Her videos will explain a great deal :drinker:

I did not use a long line corset and had no issue with lower belly issues once I HAD the corset on :blushing:
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Ladies, just be careful. When wearing one too long, the muscles get use to the support, and don't work so well on their own. Depending on how tight you wear it, it does move your insides around. I saw a few videos on youtube. Research it, please.

This is untrue. Do your research....I did and I found that in order to do this sort of thing to your body, you need to cinch down to ungodly numbers like 14", 16 " etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBJQGitxWg
  • ashleyjmorgan
    ashleyjmorgan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    There are corsets all the way down to 18", you can definitely still wear a corset with a 23" waist. There will be some pouching a bit below the corset if you tight-lace, but it is not noticeable (especially with someone of your size) and I normally plan my outfits to hide my corset as much as possible. I tend to wear loose fitting clothing, as my waist looks unnaturally small and it really is for health reasons only. I only wear tight clothing with it when I want to accentuate the small waist.
  • JTNanashi
    JTNanashi Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing a 24" Morticia from WhatKatieDid for the last few years, off and on. As I got back into it again in the last month, I've been wearing it 9 hours a day during my shift at work, and it helps with my posture and gives some good support. I do a lot of lifting, crouching, and bending over in the pet store and this has helped me not to pull my back like I used to. I started wearing one for my scoliosis, and it seems to reduce the chronic pain around my rib hump everynight from over-stretching behind my shoulderblades. My legs were also quite sore for the first few days since I had to re-learn to lift with my legs and not my back, haha.

In the weight loss aspect... The first year I was wearing it almost full time and calorie counting for a couple of months, and went from 145 to 136lbs. Of course, Thanksgiving and other food-loving holidays happened at the same time as a nasty sinus infection, and I just backtracked. For the last few weeks since I started here at MFP, I've been wearing it and counting again, and it definitely helps to keep me from eating more than I need to on my lunch hour, especially when I drink water like I should. It is also harder to drink a lot of soda and other fizzy drinks, because the bubbles and gas create pressure that can be pretty uncomfortable.

I've worn a few brands, and this is the most comfortable OTR I've tried. The Timeless Trends corset is where I started, but it fits more of a modern figure, and my pinched hips did not agree with it. I've gotten a few cheapos from Leatherotics, and I barely wore them because they were just about the same problem. They may be ok for people with less of a waist/hip ratio? My Morticia is fairly comfortable aside from minor fusses with the modesty panel. I plan to get my first custom from Fran at http://contourcorsets.com/ as soon as I can afford one. :D This one gets fairly warm and sweaty at my job, and they have a 'summer mesh' version that is much cooler and more breathable, but that still holds in extremely well.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    I was at an anime convention last month and got fitted in the Dealers' Den for my first custom corset! :love: And they were waiving their custom fee if you ordered at con, so I only paid $115 total. It's a reversible black/brown underbust cincher. The downfall is that she's back-logged and it'll take 5-6 months. :ohwell:

And then this weekend my boyfriend proposed to me! :blushing: So now I've ordered an OTR overbust in a nice cream color from Corset Story for a total of $113, and I'm gonna see if it fits well enough and is comfy enough that I wanna wear it on my wedding day :happy: If not, oh well, I'll probably just go without, as I don't think I can afford a custom overbust right now! (And I would definitely want to already be at lease somewhat used to wearing it when I go dress shopping)
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a corset made by these guys https://www.facebook.com/SINched as part of my wedding dress. I can't wait. At my smallest weight, I have a 24" waist. I'm not too far from that now at about 26 or 27". I do anticipate losing more weight before I get married in a year. I know I won't lose much in my mid-section, but every inch counts. I don't want to go extremely tight, because it is my wedding. I'm going to be a nervous wreck, and I want to be able to breathe during my vows. :laugh:
  • Cheechos
    Cheechos Posts: 293
    Options
    Aww yiss. So happy to see people talking about waist training. I want to get a quality training corset whenever I have the funds for it. I love corsets so much! ♥
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I bought my first corset from Corset Story last year and I love it. It seems of good quality, it's certainly sturdy enough. My boobs don't fit in it quite as well as I like even after losing 30lbs this past year so my next one will have to be custom made. I'd post a pic, but don't have any that are appropriate from recently ; )
  • KayLasMack
    KayLasMack Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've always loved the look of corsets and always wanted one but was too scared to try.
  • zevodactyl
    Options
    I advocate making your own corsets. It's not difficult at all, and when you have a corset made for your own body, it feels like a good hug.

That said, do buy proper boning to use. I usually get my boning, busks, grommets, and lacing from http://corsetmaking.com/
    It usually averages out to $40 per corset in supplies, plus fabric costs.

- Great tutorial for corset construction with pictures: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=122286.0

Also, DO NOT make anything out of brocade until you have some experience. You will cry.
  • stephanie20066
    Options
    this is absolutely correct.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I bought my first corset from Corset Story last year and I love it. It seems of good quality, it's certainly sturdy enough. My boobs don't fit in it quite as well as I like even after losing 30lbs this past year so my next one will have to be custom made. I'd post a pic, but don't have any that are appropriate from recently ; )

I love them! I have three from them and they are wonderful. Started with just the steel boned for fun but invested in a waist training one and adore it.
  • Kimsoontobe
    Kimsoontobe Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • pretty_ella
    pretty_ella Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I have been Waist Training too! Glad to see someone else with the same passion for corsets
  • SibyllKingsley
    Options
    I recently bought a overbust with 26 double steel boning. I am definitely not overeating like i used to. my only complaint is that I have huge boobs and the overbust just makes them worse lol. I am starting out at 37 inch waist. this is only my second day. I am aiming for 3 months before I see any real results. Have any of you seen results before the three month mark?
  • starseed777
    starseed777 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying one with steel boning. I have one that isn't made with steel boning that is fairly comfortable.. (I mean relatively speaking). Wondered if any of you have tips on where to acquire a good fit.
  • LookMaNoLoveHandles
    Options
    I love wearing corsets, have made several, and have had some corsets made to fit me, however I am much too athletic for waist training.

P.S. If you're in range of San Francisco, Dark Garden does an excellent job with custom corsets.

what do you mean by too athletic for waist training? does it not work if you have too much muscle?