Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    This program is something I might REALLY be interested in... however I don't personally know anyone who has done it to ask this - how much SPACE do you need to complete the workout?

I have a fairly small living room and don't have more than let's say 10 sq feet of space MAX.

Does anyone know if you need a lot of room to perform the workouts?

I have to push my coffee table back to do it and I workout in my small living room, so no, you really don't need a whole lot.

Here are some photo's of day 1 to today which is week 8...

6ep3zn.jpg
  • Marsidote
    Marsidote Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm starting tomorrow! Pretty excited! I did the Brazil Butt Lift series but got bored quickly. Can't wait to see results!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing up Ripped In 30 and starting T25 on Monday and I'm looking forward to it! Just looking to switch up my workouts and increase my fitness level.
  • andrewj87
    Options
    I'm finishing up Ripped In 30 and starting T25 on Monday and I'm looking forward to it! Just looking to switch up my workouts and increase my fitness level.

I'm finishing the first 5 week phase of T25 today, been a nice change and I'm seeing good results so far. Hope you enjoy!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm finishing the first 5 week phase of T25 today, been a nice change and I'm seeing good results so far. Hope you enjoy!

Thanks buddy! Glad to see it's working well for you. :)
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    A couple questions...is it more cardio or strength training driven workout? I don't need to loose weight but just maintain and "tone up" more. The workouts I saw on the tv infomorcial looked like the workouts I have done at my gym that they call Dynamic Training.

I also have a bone on bone knee and wondered if I could handle it. I do workouts at the gym and since loosing my weight my knee doesn't hurt or bother me but I don't want to make it worse than it already is!
    Thanks in advance!
  • bonekicker
    bonekicker Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I just finished week 2 of Focus T25 and I'm absolutely in love with it! I've never stuck with a workout programme for two whole weeks.

I was wondering what nutrition ratio would you suggest for those who choose not to follow the nutrition plan?
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    A couple questions...is it more cardio or strength training driven workout? I don't need to loose weight but just maintain and "tone up" more. The workouts I saw on the tv infomorcial looked like the workouts I have done at my gym that they call Dynamic Training.

I also have a bone on bone knee and wondered if I could handle it. I do workouts at the gym and since loosing my weight my knee doesn't hurt or bother me but I don't want to make it worse than it already is!
    Thanks in advance!

It would probably be difficult with your knee--there's a lot of jumping around but you are given the option to modify (someone is demonstrating the modifications). I would say it's more cardiovascular and some strength training in the form of bodyweight training. It's decent if you're pressed for time. I've been incorporating other workouts along with it.
  • RandaDerkson
    RandaDerkson Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just posted my results here: thebewit*****itchen.com/2013/09/focus-t25-results.html I'm pretty happy with where I have come. Still no fitness model, but getting to a place where I'm more comfortable in a bikini ;)

Unsure why it won't let me post the url but where it's starred is thebewit*****itchen
  • amhamed
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm currently starting my second week of T25, I'm also working out at the gym whenever I have a few extra hours in the day. I am getting toned, but I realize my thighs are getting bigger. I'm worried cause I started this program to get rid of my thighs. So I was wondering, are they supposed to slim down later or do they just stay toned and big?

Thank you so much!
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice the dark haired lady in the in the infomercial is the same lady in the insanity program.

http://herscoop.com/posts/inspirational-baron-changed/
  • melybelyc
    Options
    I really love FT25 also - I started as a BB coach because I loved Insanity so much - but I really like T25 better. Its so focused and its only 25 minutes long - I find this one almost more difficult, definitely more challenging. I will still pull out Insanity on a down day and work out for an hour - its really nice to have that option.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Did anyone notice the dark haired lady in the in the infomercial is the same lady in the insanity program.

http://herscoop.com/posts/inspirational-baron-changed/

If you're talking about the one who does the modified moves in the T25 video, then yes, that is her. She had a baby last year and this is her first program since.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    Hey guys,

I'm currently starting my second week of T25, I'm also working out at the gym whenever I have a few extra hours in the day. I am getting toned, but I realize my thighs are getting bigger. I'm worried cause I started this program to get rid of my thighs. So I was wondering, are they supposed to slim down later or do they just stay toned and big?

Thank you so much!

Your muscles are probably swollen. Smaller thighs will come with weight loss.
  • ssheflin
    ssheflin Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love T25. I'm on Beta Phase and have seen results thus far. By the way I am not a BB coach. In the past 8 weeks of following through with this program I have lost 14 lbs and 10 inches all around. You will get results. The best thing about it is that it's only 25 minutes. I'm doing Insanity next, then going to do another round of T25. You will be happy with the results. Good luck!
  • aimeekaye26
    Options
    I just finished Beta - I love this program. It is really easy on my knees, and I can fit it into my busy/hectic life!

Before:

r1k60l.jpg

After:

15ehl74.jpg

I lost 11 pounds, also, which I have been on a plateau for ages prior to doing T25!
  • Momomo1984
    Momomo1984 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Not biased. I love love love it! I finished Alpha with loosing 11 ibs and total of 6 inches overall
    I love Beta. so far. It really works. I hope to get down to 120s ( currently 149) by Dec and I think I will!!
  • miamiheat3peat
    Options
    OKAY GUYS!!!! I joined MFP JUST to comment here. SO STOKED TO START F-T25 YOU HAVE NO IDEA! (Hence, why I had the annoying caps lock on the whole time.) But seriously, that's how excited I am! =)=) I'll give a few stats and you guys can let me know your thoughts about it.

But 1st, CON-FLIPPIN-GRATULATIONS TO YOUR PROGRESS GUYS! Really impressed with just your sheer commitment and dedication for lasting however long you lasted on the program. Whether you finished/aren't finishing/have yet finished, you DECIDED to do something and you did it. That's it! Enough said! You're awesome because of that alone. I can't tell you how many times, I've tried/decided to start a workout/diet regimen and all through the first 15 min of a workout or 1st day into an eating plan I fall off, (but that's another story).

Anyhow...this one is going to be different. I can FEEL it in my bones. Like someone else said (I'm paraphrasing), it's hard to justify not doing it since it's only 25 minutes. (yes I did read ALL the comments) So, there it is-No excuses! Getting rid of those now. (I'm rambling) Okay! Back on track. A little about me:

Female

*I'm 5'2-5'3 (prob 5'3), about 125 lbs (But boy does this fluctuate--b/t 125-129 when I consistently over eat/ eat anything fattening)

*Some muscle but not much at all. Was more toned at 135 lbs which was my starting weight. I lost roughly 10 lbs since last year and some muscle tone. I don't measure but I'm not crazy-I've never seen fat over my knees until the weight loss and I'm not as agile as I used to be. :-| I'm just out of shape, this much I know. (BUT I still embrace my fluffy knees hmph!)

*Hello my name is >:-x and I am a SCALE-AHOLIC. I weigh myself religiously every morning after I empty my bladder. I know its a terrible habit... BUT I have a plan for this (see below) <:-)

*I don't really know my measurements exactly: roughly 27 inch waist, 38 inch hips, 21 inch thigh, thin arms...(yeah, that barely helped) Forget about it, I'll just supplement with pictures and real measurements when I get a chance.

*Point is, I'd like to lose 10 lbs min. and get to my goal of 115. I KNOW. I KNOW, I shouldn't focus on weight loss and that muscle looks better and weighs more. I still would like to lose 10 lbs. However, my mind is open to accepting any kind of result from this program (I plan on finishing whether I lose weight or not).

Since the program is 10 weeks. I plan on taking progress photos and weighing myself on the scale every 2 weeks (despite the calendar saying weekly b/c quite frankly, I need the discipline<Scale-Aholics Anonymous anyone?> I may change it to taking photos weekly but for now, I think bi-weekly is good.

I will take the measurements weekly.

My real questions are about...DIET! (Of course)

My job is sedentary (desk job). Average walking after that (grocery store, light house cleaning - nothing that counts). So what, should I eat? Really guys, this baffles me time and time again. It's so frustrating bc any little thing puts me back to a higher weight. (I know I'm not the only one) So after all the trial and error, I''ve noticed a few things: Above all else, I simply need to avoid high calorie foods (no junk or crap) and eat until I'm satisfied. I maintain when I follow that notion. When I avoid carbs for most of the day and have a bit of healthy carb for one meal, I lose a bit.

I don't want to eat too few calories but I'd really like to lose. Any suggestions? I recently read up on the keto diet? Anyone has any experience/suggest this for me?

I don't have a HRM. I did but I lost it/stopped using it bc I lost the instructions. Don't have any desire in getting a new one. Is it absolutely necessary?

Should I wait until Monday to start? So eager, I could start tomorrow morning!

IDK GUYS... Help? Please? :(

Also, if you guys know of any support groups, send them my way please. Definitely open to any suggestions/thoughts/ideas. Let me know!
  • miamiheat3peat
    Options
    oh...my...lanta. that's a long comment.
  • miamiheat3peat
    Options
    I just finished Beta - I love this program. It is really easy on my knees, and I can fit it into my busy/hectic life!

Before:

r1k60l.jpg

After:

15ehl74.jpg

I lost 11 pounds, also, which I have been on a plateau for ages prior to doing T25!

Excellent progress! You look fabulous! I commend you on your great work.