Does anyone else think losing weight is easy?

Options

Replies

• cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how simple it was. Easy? Mmmmm, maybe easyish. I was hungry almost all the time. I was committed to losing the weight, though, and knew the deficit was only temporary.
  • enembe
    enembe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I think it would be if I didn't love alcohol so much. I usually eat pretty healthy and have always had a weight complex since high school when I was tiny. Now, because of that, I always watch my weight and know how many calories are in everything lol
  • Liz_Mfp
    Liz_Mfp Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I honestly think
    this site and logging food
    has a lot to do with it.

When I do the above, I lose weight very consistently.

Yes it's easy.

It's just not always a priority, evidently, or else we would all just stick to the plan and be done with it.
    As you are
    Congrats!!
    :-)
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I've always thought weight loss is easy. I've done it dozens of times.

This is so very me! Stupidly, it never occurred to me that you had to work at maintenance. I learnt the very concept of maintenance from mfp. I've got 20lb of baby weight to lose now, but after that I plan never to need to lose again :drinker:
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    This time around it has been very easy, almost too easy. There has been several road blocks along my almost 8 month journey but for 6 months straight i averaged out to 4kilo's a month plus a considerable drop in health risks and clothing size.

I wouldn't say it is all easy tho, it takes alot of self control and will power to keep going and not stray from your goal and as others woulda said just cause you reached a goal doesn't mean you can just give up altogether, you have to continue working to maintain your new you
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Yes. The hard part was getting started. Once you establish a new lifestyle, you just keep doing it. It's not a struggle for me. It's slow, and I see how that frustrates people who want instant results.
  • francescajeanfox
    Options
    I don't mind if you disagree, that's why we all have different opinions. I can take it. I'm glad you shared your point of view.

I like that we get a mixture of opinions!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I'm saying that green tea is a treatment ingredient. If your liver gets clogged up with unhealthy fat related to people who consume a high carbohydrate diet and who eat an abundance of processed foods or foods high in sugar. Then what? You don't like your body anymore.

Meaning that the fat is not burning, is depositing inside the body because there main filter (your liver) is full of toxines. So what I wanted to say here is and advice, not marketing.

Are you talking about fatty liver disease?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    It was a freaking breeze for me the first time. This time, if I eat more than 500 calories a day, I don't lose an ounce.
  • SNLover87
    SNLover87 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I have been consistently surprised throughout this process at how easy it's been for me. I've had a regular rate of loss of about 5-6 lbs a month (I don't really want to lose any faster than that, so it works), and I haven't had any setbacks (I'm almost 8 mts down now). The first couple of weeks were really the only hard part for me, retraining myself to eat less. But once I wasn't hungry anymore, I was good.

That being said, I think there's several reasons it's been easier for me than for others. One, I was already working out regularly before I started, and eating almost all home-cooked meals. Two, I'm single with no kids. No distractions to keep me from keeping up with it, and I was desperately in need of a project. I'm also an extremely organized person, so counting on MFP is super fun for me lol.

I've tried doing this other times in my life and I failed. The stars just seemed to align this time. It's a shame it's not that way for everyone.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    For me, losing weight was easy. But maintenance is hard.

Me too.

Me three, I'm really struggling with maintenance right now. i can't seem to find my groove.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I believe that in theory it's simple, and very black and white. However, that is without life getting in the way, emotions, and games your heart and head play with you. Then it can get hard. JMHO.
  • Kabiti
    Kabiti Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    For me it was difficult for 15+ years. I probably tried and failed 10 times.
    In 10 lbs I'll be at post- high school and pre- college weight (gained some that summer). 10 pounds more than that and I'll be at high school weight! 10 lbs more again (which I think is possible and healthy) and I'll be the lightest I've ever been in my adult life.

The difference for me was psychological. I used food as a coping mechanism. Once I fixed the bigger problem, it just started melting off. It's a little more effort now (2 months later) but that mental fix has given me a drive to get to where I ought to be. I'm doing great and I love who I am more than any other time in my life.
  • babyblues4
    babyblues4 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Well, all you guys just suck. LOL

I agree! :laugh:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Well, all you guys just suck. LOL

Yup this.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    The concept is easy....sticking to it is not always easy. Congrats on staying within your calorie goal and practicing self control! I need to get my willpower back!
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I found it very easy, the trick is to stick with your goals and it's incredibly simple.
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    You nailed it. Tracking is what it's all about. I am 55 and fairly sedentary but I lost 20 pounds (my goal) without ever feeling I was on a diet etc. Maintaining now for about 3 months. I love this site, especially the "friends" one can meet along the way!
  • Mbishop7684
    Mbishop7684 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    It is simple not easy.

This site does make is very simple.

I agree with this. The concept is VERY simple. Calories in vs calories out. Eat less than your TDEE and you lose weight. But there's so much more! I worked out everyday since Monday (HIIT, spin and running), never went over calories, drank all of my water and I"m up 1lb. Easy? No. Simple concept? Yes.

*edited for punctuation
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    i feel that loosing weight is only as difficult as you want to make it. if you are fully committed to it, then it is pretty simple. like everything else in life, you get out of it what you put into it.