• BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    pole dancer, damn it hurt my *kitten*!!
    :sad:
  • BlueAngelChar
    BlueAngelChar Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Joking BTW, although I do imagine swinging round poles would hurt!

had to be McDonalds whilst I was at school! words of wisdom peeps don't piss people off who prepare your food!
  • JcMey3r
    JcMey3r Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Cleaning tanning beds....I want to just vomit even thinking about it. :sick:

how so?
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Janitorial work at an Adult Film Theater that had private booths.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Might not be considered a job job, but I took care of my three younger cousins for an entire summer. They lived in the middle of nowhere, I didn't have a car and they are MONSTERS!!! And, to top it all off, I was only being paid $100/week. This included getting there for 6:00am, making them breakfast, lunch and getting dinner started...not to mention that sometimes my aunt & uncle didn't get home till late, so I had to feed them dinner, give the youngest one a bath and put her to bed. I was exhausted by the time I went back to school.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    Janitorial work at an Adult Film Theater that had private booths.

Oh my, yeah, that couldn't have been very fun!
  • Last2bfirst
    Last2bfirst Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Telling a young wife her husband had died in combat
  • Tryxxie2013
    Options
    Telling a young wife her husband had died in combat

Ok, I think you take first place in this one! How awful!!! :frown:
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    American Eagle. I worked there for 4 hours and that's it. It was during college when I was at my highest weight (around 190lbs) and I will never forget the looks and snickers I got from bratty-*kitten* teenagers when I greeted them or helped them get a dressing room. The management was just as judgmental. I don't even know why they hired me.
  • Sweetestthing87
    Sweetestthing87 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Wow, some of you really had it rough. Reading through some of these made me realize I have been pretty lucky.

My worst job was working at the Assisted Living Retirement Home. Only because it was super hard, busy work that seemed like as soon as it ended it would soon again begin. I was a dining room server. We served Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Each session took about 3 hours from start to finish, so basically you got an hour break between meals. Sometimes less time since it seemed our dishwasher never showed up and because I was quick and worked hard, they would stick me to wash dishes. By the time I wiped the sweat off of me it was time to do it again. Oh and also the fact that you would get to know these older people and then one day they are no longer at their table. Broke my heart every time. :(

Other than that, I have been blessed to have not so terrible jobs. Thankfully that one only lasted a few months. It was hard to plan your day when you worked these weekend hours:

7am-10am
    12pm-3pm
    5pm-8pm

Fun topic! TGIF!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Cleaner at the local Haven holiday park...always "fun" to clean a chalet after a stag do - still not sure was some took a poo in a teapot but I found it...true story

:noway:
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Standing on my feet 10 hrs a day 6 days a week sewing little metal buckles on seat belts for a GMC supplier
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    What's the worst job you ever had? Was it the work, the environment, coworkers, boss?
    My second job. My first was cool, newspaper delivery.

The second though, sucked balls. I was 15, and this really hammered home that sometimes a job sucks, but you shut up and do it, so you can pay your damned bills.

I was a dishwasher at a terminal care facility for alzheimers and dementia patients. Sometimes I'd be rinsing plates to go in the dishwasher and find that someone pissed in a cup, or took a **** in a food cover. It was bad. It was to the point where you'd be glad it was just puke, sometimes.

and the smell.... all of that fun for $5.25 an hour. From my pay, I helped my mom pay for food and mortgage. Didn't keep much for myself.
  • doc19822
    doc19822 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Cleaning up frozen / thawing dog piles just after the spring thaw.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Cleaning fish guts from a convener belt

tightening the plastic on the bottom of deodorant container

sitting on a flight line to act as a cone when an alarm went down for 12 hours

living in a hole in the ground for 3 days on deployment

sitting at my desk for a week when I have nothing to do

All of the above!
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Cleaning up frozen / thawing dog piles just after the spring thaw.

I paid someone to clean my winter dog craps up this spring and was thinking it must be a rough job. I know doing it for my own dogs was a gag fest.

I worked at a homeless shelter in inner city Toronto for over 5 years. It was pretty rough. First - horrible management - I think that might be the status quo in social work though?

Also the job was downright scary at times. It was violent. It was dirty. Then the rare time when you felt you actually made a difference, 90% of the those people would end up back in system :frown:

From my experience 2-3 years = burnout for most staff. Besides all of the tangible ****ty things about the job - it also killed you emotionally.

Bright side met some interesting people - and worked with 85% West Indian peeps - and they knew how to party.:drinker: The sight of a "Red Stripe" beer still tickles my vague memories of those nights.
  • tattygun
    tattygun Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Office junior then insurance broker in the same office, started when I was 18 and my first full time job. Not only did I find sitting at a desk for hours on end profusely boring but the predominantly female office was the most *****y, humorless environment I've ever been in. The pay was terrible and for a couple of years I was paid under the minimum wage. Once I grew a pair ( I was a kid to be fair) and got legal advice, leading to getting back paid the difference I was treated like ****. Woke up one morning and thought fk thisand never went back, no phone call to em, nothing. I still drive past and see the same people working there through the window, poor brain dead fkers.

Also worked for B&Q ( a diy store for those in the states) and that too was beyond boring but the worse bit was dealing the stupid public (it scares me how many idiots there are out there in charge of electrical tools and sharp objects) and the power mad managers and supervisors that again treated you like dirt. It's fun to shop there now seeing the same losers pulling next to no wage. I always make sure to give em a nice knowing smile whilst they load up the car.
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I did some construction work where I had to do repairs inside large barns where Jenni-O raised turkeys.....holy crap those things are dumb, stinky cannibals!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I do customer support on the phone for Comcast ("local" cable company in the US)

With all due respect, I hope you are THE "good" one. -We have had NOTHING but HORRIBLE "luck" with them...