October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• stacysum
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I have never done this before and would like to try walking 50 miles in October.
  • fabgurrl
    fabgurrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    October 4 - 4 miles

exercise.png
  • jenni1d
    jenni1d Posts: 18 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • Tbee1966
    Tbee1966 Posts: 123
    Options
    10/4: 1 mile
    10/5: 3.33 miles

14/60

exercise.png
  • MMoriarty2013
    Options
    8.61 miles so far this month

exercise.png
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    Updated the sheet to here .
    Expanded the Top-20 to Top 30 to include more people. I'll refresh this sheet every month
  • KariD1114
    KariD1114 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    10/4 = 1.75

exercise.png
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Another 7 miles in this morning..

exercise.png
  • hurtja
    hurtja Posts: 4
    Options
    My first Move your *kitten* Challenge

exercise.png
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @Dinos - Great to see you updating a bit again - I know it is time and labor intensive - thanks this challenge has made a real difference to me! Kick *kitten*!

-- Ticker for Miles --- October

Oct 4th - Various walks - 4.6 miles including a run/walk
    Oct 5th - 4.1 miles -run/walk

Total Miles for October:

29.3 miles

exercise.png
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,152 Member
    Options
    3.3 miles. And that includes a few steps stopping to upright an overturned snail on the asphalt and find him a shaded spot in the grass. Us slow creatures have to stick together.

exercise.png
  • liesevanlingen
    liesevanlingen Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Bump!

exercise.png
  • dcmat
    dcmat Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    So, the days are getting much shorther and cooler, but will still push for the usual 1000 miles
    01-10: 53.05 miles
    02-10: 51.05 miles
    03-10: 50.25 miles
    04-10: 53.03 miles
    05-10: 36.04 miles
    October miles: 243.37

YTD miles: 11887
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Options
    Thanks Dave for making sure I hadn't fallen off the face of the earth! :smile:

MTD: 23/150 miles (walking/running)

exercise.png

HEEEEY!!! Great to see you again, Laura!!! I'm glad you put that ticker in there cuz I made a typo entering your goal and was only going to make you run 15 miles this month!! :laugh::laugh:

Just saw you're a fellow Minnesoooootahn. I live not too far from MSP International Airport and the (in)famous Mall of America. I've been through your lovely town a few times in my travels over the years. A very pretty area. I bet it's especially gorgeous this time of year while the leaves are turning colors! I ought to head out on my motorcycle in the next week or two and take some of it in.

A Minnesotan! It's very beautiful up here right now! My profile photo is pretty grainy (it's a cell phone shot of a frozen TV image) but if you check the background that was just last weekend. I used to live down in the TC metro area (Blaine, St. Louis Park, just out of downtown Mpls, New Brighton & finally Burnsville) but enjoy the quieter pace up here in the Northland. :smile:

I wasn't sure when your profile pic was from, but that is pretty now! I grew up in Rosemount and since I got out of the military have lived all over Dakota County....Apple Valley, Lakeville, Inver Grove Heights and currently Eagan. :) I have a heinous daily commute to work in Eden Prairie. Love the rush hour traffic. :grumble: I bet it is much nicer up there not having to deal with that sort of stuff. :) I've vacationed and traveled up north a lot over the years and have often fantasized about living up there. Maybe sometime after my two sons finish school in 5 more years.
  • ajanderson84
    ajanderson84 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Alright... only did 4.5 miles yesterday, but makes it 49.3 total thus far. Thanks for doing this, love the spreadsheet!

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,325 Member
    Options
    Is it too late to join? I have never done this before and would like to try walking 50 miles in October.

@STACYSUM & @HURTJA - Never too late! You've been added to the list (spreadsheet) and WELCOME! As always, I encourage all new people to go back and read the first post on Page 1 as it explains how things work around here. :) When we post the link for the spreadsheet, it's just so you can view it. You don't edit it. You post your workouts and Monthly total so far in the thread here (daily or every couple of days) and there are a couple people that collect that info and keep the spreadsheet up to date.

@KAR328 - AWWW! That was kind of you to help that little snail out. :)

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

smiley-happy088.gif
    Dave
    Darkrider42
  • animefan914
    animefan914 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    5.67miles yesterday for a total of 22.81 miles.
  • jennybex
    jennybex Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    10/1/2013 0.62
    10/2/2013 6.7
    10/3/2013 4.43
    10/4/2013 3.19
    10/5/2013 2.9

Total so far - 17.84 - 82.16 to go to goal!!!
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,217 Member
    Options
    After weights this morning, 2 miles was all I could add walking. Squats really take it out of my legs. So two more miles for 76 total.

exercise.png