Mind your own business ((RANT))

Options

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Hold on a second. This thread might give me an opportunity for more data for a theory I have about MFP friends.

OP, how did you add these friends? Did you add them slowly, individually over a period of time based on perceived commonality from their posts or some other indication of compatibility...

...or did you add them all at once in a "Need friends for my journey" type of post?

She made a thread (last week?) telling people she wanted to add friends to "take under her wing".

And does the OP ever come back to her threads?

Nope she drops these s**t storms and rides off into the sunset laughing at the drama caused.

Not necessarily. Sometimes I'm away from my iPod. Or I litterally am not able to respond because I need to do something.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Hold on a second. This thread might give me an opportunity for more data for a theory I have about MFP friends.

OP, how did you add these friends? Did you add them slowly, individually over a period of time based on perceived commonality from their posts or some other indication of compatibility...

...or did you add them all at once in a "Need friends for my journey" type of post?

She made a thread (last week?) telling people she wanted to add friends to "take under her wing".

Nope she drops these s**t storms and rides off into the sunset laughing at the drama caused.

Which inevitably annoys at least a few of her 300+ friends which leads them to antagonize her on her wall.

It's like a demented Disneyesque Lion King-inspired circle of life thing...

...from which there is no escape.
  • 5n0wbal1
    5n0wbal1 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Also, you *SHOULD* replace your workout shoes every 6 months or so. You could injure your feet otherwise.

Depends on how much you use them. When I was in the military running a few miles every few days, it was recommended to replace them every few months. When I got injured, it was roughly the same because I was walking like crazy, and even worse, my doctor gave me a recommendation that makes me shake my head even today, "If they're less than a hundred dollars, they're not worth it."

If a person isn't using them regularly like that, it's not really necessary. By regularly, I mean three days a week or more.
  • teaparty75
    Options
    LMAO @ OP and all the comments (especially the mulitiple commentors) ...thanks for the entertainment MFP !!!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    if you are logging exercises as 1 calorie because you are using the TDEE method that is all the explanation you should have to provide. I know you get a kick out of starting topics that cause a lot of backlash, though, so have fun with this.

Basically, this. I use the TDEE method so I log all my workouts as 1 calorie burned, since my workout calories are already accounted for in my daily allowance. I've never had anyone question me for this.

Also, side note: I'm a broke (and I do mean broke) law student and I managed to save up and get a HRM eventually. If you have other priorities that's totally fine! But please don't assume that just because someone has a HRM (and suggests you get one) they are rich or snobby. I saved up for months and got the cheapest one at Wal-mart.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    LMAO @ OP and all the comments (especially the mulitiple commentors) ...thanks for the entertainment MFP !!!

Did you log it with a HRM?
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I don't have the money for extravagent 3 month trips to Bermuda

How did they get there? Thought every ship and plane gets 'sucked in' :laugh: :laugh:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Just cause I miss Breaking Bad...
    KJfX71j.gif
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Not necessarily. Sometimes I'm away from my iPod. Or I litterally am not able to respond because I need to do something.

Oh good, you're back...

...so maybe you would be so kind as to answer my question:

For research.
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just took a peek at your profile and saw that you Mod/Admin a group called "I Am Christian".

Stop coveting thy neighbor's shoes, vacations, and HRMs.

And stop being a contentious woman!

AMEN SISTER!
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    My first HRM was $20. Got it off someone who won it as a prize and didn't want it.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    KJfX71j.gif

i love this. are these costumes? the guy to the right looks like Jesse and the other guy looks like Walt
  • shannongoneau
    shannongoneau Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    lol so don't buy one. I've never been pressured by anyone on this site to buy something. Maybe go through your friends list and get the people off that you feel caused you to write this rant. This is your fit journey take the path you want.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    have a little of this and all will be right with the world!

bacon.jpg
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    KJfX71j.gif

i love this. are these costumes? the guy to the right looks like Jesse and the other guy looks like Walt
    I am sure it is from a production party, see Hank in the background.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    KJfX71j.gif

I am sure it is from a production party, see Hank in the background.
    man I love it so bad. I am sooooooo into Breaking Bad its not even funny man......Mr white ya'll
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    386.gif
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    As much as I love MyFitnessPal there's some problems. Whenever I write "has burned 1 calories doing 60 minutes of XYZ", is always criticised from people saying that I should get an HRM. When I tell them that I need a new laptop and food on the table, they get offended. Well if you REALLY want me to get an HRM, by all means use that paycheck from your good paying career and buy it for me. I'll even show you what one I have in my amazon wish list ! I don't have the money for extravagent 3 month trips to Bermuda and thousands of dollars worth of beach body Blu-rays, cardio equipment or a new pair of Nike Air every 6 months like you do.
    Is your "delete friend" button broken?
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    if you are logging exercises as 1 calorie because you are using the TDEE method that is all the explanation you should have to provide.

^^^ that

FYI - I have a HRM, but I most certainly don't have fancy holidays to Bermuda.. or anywhere else for that matter.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    Why are you logging anything at all if you are only counting it as 1 calorie? If you want your friends to know you did a workout why not just post that you did a workout?