Do you shower at the gym?

Options
Or go home and do it??

I'm thinking about getting a locker and showering at the gym.. but didn't know if people actually did it. I just think it'd be nice to shower and fix up my hair while someone is watching my kids so I can get some peace lol.

Replies

• carolemorden9
    carolemorden9 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    When I had a gym membership, especially when I had a membership to the Y, I would shower after I was done. Then I could go other places before heading home if I needed to.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    When I had a membership at the Y, I sometimes showered there and sometimes showered at home. It was nice to have the option. And it was nice to have somewhere to go when the hot water went on the fritz where I lived.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Home, but that's considering:
    1) I'm pressed for time in the evening and showering at gym would set me back
    2) I prefer to shower right before bed to relax me
    3) It's not like I'm going out on the town or to a 2nd job

FYI: My workplace gym renovated this year and now has curtained, individual showers and dry-off areas. I would certainly feel comfortable showering there if I needed to.
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options
    I personally don't, but a lot of people at my local Y shower at the gym. We have blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons available too.
  • WhyDelilah79
    WhyDelilah79 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    No. I'm always going straight home so shower there. I would if I wanted to go out somewhere, or maybe in your situation.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    I personally don't, but a lot of people at my local Y shower at the gym. We have blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons available too.

WHAT!! I knew hair dryers but I didn't know they had flat irons!!

I haven't actually been in the locker room because I just go in and go home.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Luckily I live a block away from my gym - so no.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Or go home and do it??

I'm thinking about getting a locker and showering at the gym.. but didn't know if people actually did it.

?

I don't mean to be a smart aleck, but why...would the gyms have showers and such if people didn't actually use them. You really need confirmation on this?
  • Jagreene62
    Jagreene62 Posts: 4,782 Member
    Options

WHAT!! I knew hair dryers but I didn't know they had flat irons!!

I haven't actually been in the locker room because I just go in and go home.

I KNOW!! I always wonder who's keeping track of the power....fire???
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Depends what I'm doing that day. But I'll often use the showers at the sports centre.... to save my gas bill and because we only have a bath at home, they have HOT power showers!
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I also go straight home
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Depends on what I'm doing afterwards. If I'm going home anyway then I'll wait. Otherwise I always have a towel in my bad in case I do decide to shower at the gym.

Of course:

I have belonged to a gym that didn't have showers.
    I've belonged to one that had showers in a trailer out back.
    I've belonged to one where the showers were pretty nasty.

Now I belong to the local Y and the locker room and showers are always spotless.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yep. I keep my shower shoes and other toiletries in my locker/gym bag. It's convenient and I get to wash the workout off immediately instead of letting it saturate my pores until I get home.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Oh, I love my gym's showers. The water pressure is illegal here for homeowners, lol. They have those massaging shower heads. Love it.

And you have to shower before using the jacuzzi. I swear that jacuzzi was my biggest motivation to go to the gym. It's just the Y, but I really enjoyed the locker room :D My favorite part!
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Home, I forget stuff to easily. The less stuff I have to take with me to the gym the better..
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah cause I'm sweaty and gross after I'm done working out...I like to get clean and change into some dry clothes right away. Also we have water meters here, which sucks. So yeah I shower at the gym all the time
  • danapenguin
    Options
    i go home and shower. the gymi go to is walking distance away from my place plus i don't know who was in that shower before me and how long it has been since it was cleaned. its too sketchy
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    I have been going to gym only for the pool lately. So yeah, I always have shower after that. And hamam and sauna too.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Or go home and do it??

I'm thinking about getting a locker and showering at the gym.. but didn't know if people actually did it.

?

I don't mean to be a smart aleck, but why...would the gyms have showers and such if people didn't actually use them. You really need confirmation on this?

I assume it's mostly men that use the showers vs women who have hair to deal with afterwords . Hence my question. When I went in the locker room years back RARELY did I ever see anyone in the shower.
  • Nettabee
    Nettabee Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I use the showers at the Y's in my area. It just depends on the day. Like today I only did Zumba class and went home to shower. If i have lots of time on my hands or go to the gym before work i'll shower there.