Post your excuse here

Options

Replies

• michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    "I have to check my farm" (hayday hijacked my life)
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    what is sod?
    D6CYroNt6teRNswo423E0BGmSFs4AQZB1jmGlZ1XU6U=w311-h207-p-no
    buy grass already grown, laying sod "planting" it. good strength training.

ah, we call it instant lawn or roll out turf.

ive done enough of that in my time. no thanks.
  • AisforAmazing19
    Options
    My go-to is always "this ONE run isn't going to make me any faster"

Ugh.
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites: "It's early Saturday morning, and I gotta go get the grocery shopping done before the masses of crazy people get there. I'll work out when I get home." Then when I get home: "I'm tired already and it's too late. And there's all this fun food I just bought." Twisted, eh?
    "I'm not doing the best routine/program/class anyway."

I caught myself using this excuse today. But I'm calling myself on it. It might not be the best, but it's better than nothing.
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like it.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    last night was "i cant leave 3 sick kids with the mother in law" (she lives with us and my wife was out)

however, ill be doing last nights workout tonight so will be ok.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    im tired, the day is over, ill do it tomorrow, i deserve a break for being solid for two weeks =)
  • zorbaru
    Options
    kids are sick, ill do it tomorrow.
  • kairsme
    kairsme Posts: 29
    Options
    If I workout I will be MORE tired, if I nap I will be LESS tired

Usually, it's I'm tired which leads in to, I bet I'm iron deficient again.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    If I workout I will be MORE tired, if I nap I will be LESS tired

Usually, it's I'm tired which leads in to, I bet I'm iron deficient again.

SAME HERE =(( sucks being vegetarian sometimes....
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    A little over a mile into the run, calf muscle seized up and said nuh-uh!
    Heck yes, I listened. I'm almost 300 calories over net for the day, but I can't even walk right now. :cry:
  • glamskater8292
    Options
    I can't find the time...I work third shift (or the graveyard shift to some) and I don't know WHEN is the best time for working out....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I work third shift, go to school and have a 3 year old. I only gets five days of sleep in every week, one day a week, awake for 24 hours, one day a week, awake for 30 hours...every week...since February and staying that way until 05/14. I make up the lack of sleep in calories to keep me going. And my sinuses. My goddamned sinuses. Make me miserable.
  • ddpiel
    ddpiel Posts: 52
    Options
    I want a beer instead.

Yes, this
  • Pimpmonkey
    Options
    I'm lazy
  • ddpiel
    Options
    I am 8 months pregnant and my doctor said I needed to stop doing my zumba classes since I am 1cm dilated and doesn't want me giving birth on the dance floor.

this is legit, no excuse
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I have a bone disease and the past few months my knees, hips and ankles have been killing me so I gave up the heavy leg lifts (deads and squats) to see if that would help. (it hasn't)

Currently: I have the flu and feel like I'm going to pass out from any exertion.
  • ddpiel
    Options
    I can't find the time...I work third shift (or the graveyard shift to some) and I don't know WHEN is the best time for working out....

Yes, this. It is definitely a challenge to get a work out in when you work 7p-7a, but I do it on my 30 min break at work. I do 20 mins step aerobics and have 10 mins to eat a quick bite. It's funny, I give into silly excuses at home on days off and stick to it at work.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    "Oh, that's what I'm doing today? But I'll be so sore when I have to do it day after tomorrow. It's better if I just wait."

That was a fair one the 1st week or 2 with terrible DOMS, but I'm way on into my plan now. I don't need quite so many rest days! Or 'just abs' days: "I'll just do abs and that's good enough."

*facepalm* I'm awful.
  • Myc4h11
    Myc4h11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It's a long weekend so what the hell