Mind your own business ((RANT))

Options
1235»

Replies

• Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    Why are you logging anything at all if you are only counting it as 1 calorie? If you want your friends to know you did a workout why not just post that you did a workout?

^^^ ::hits head with palm:: That just makes too much sense! :smile:
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Man, people on these forums are always bullying... whining... ranting...

And I'm just over here craving a cheeseburger.

Totally with you! A cheeseburger sounds AMAZING!!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Why are you logging anything at all if you are only counting it as 1 calorie? If you want your friends to know you did a workout why not just post that you did a workout?

I have quite a few friends who log their exercises that way because they are being general badasses and lifting some heavy ****. I see no problem with it, but then again I understand the TDEE method and also like to see what they're up to. plus if they rotate leg, arm, back, chest, whatever days it helps them keep track.

being annoyed because someone genuinely doesn't understand why you would only count 1 calorie towards your exercise (because yes, it does seem counter intuitive if you do not know what the **** TDEE is all about) is really stupid and a complete waste of time. I can understand it is a bit presumptuous to suggest getting a HRM, but it takes all of two seconds to link them to the road map as an explanation. even typing out a brief description certainly does not take as much time as posting this thread did.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options

I have quite a few friends who log their exercises that way because they are being general badasses and lifting some heavy ****. I see no problem with it, but then again I understand the TDEE method and also like to see what they're up to. plus if they rotate leg, arm, back, chest, whatever days it helps them keep track.

being annoyed because someone genuinely doesn't understand why you would only count 1 calorie towards your exercise (because yes, it does seem counter intuitive if you do not know what the **** TDEE is all about) is really stupid and a complete waste of time. I can understand it is a bit presumptuous to suggest getting a HRM, but it takes all of two seconds to link them to the road map as an explanation. even typing out a brief description certainly does not take as much time as posting this thread did.

Makes sense.

Also, if OP doesn't want people to comment on how she logs she could fix her settings so her exercise doesn't show up on her feed.
  • madworld1
    madworld1 Posts: 524
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

And guess what?

:yawn:
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Makes sense.

Also, if OP doesn't want people to comment on how she logs she could fix her settings so her exercise doesn't show up on her feed.

you mean there's more than one sensible solution to this problem? surely you jest.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

Makes sense.

you mean there's more than one sensible solution to this problem? surely you jest.

Has anyone suggested a junk punch yet?
  • danofthedead1979
    danofthedead1979 Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Srsly??? you can get a hrm for like £20 ($15)
    If you can afford a laptop/pc/mac/tablet/smartphone and internet connection and gym membership, then surely you can afford a cheap hrm?
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I saved for mine when I was a poor student. That was over two years ago. I still use the same one now.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Srsly??? you can get a hrm for like £20 ($15)
    If you can afford a laptop/pc/mac/tablet/smartphone and internet connection and gym membership, then surely you can afford a cheap hrm?

This was my thoughts exactly..
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So did you buy that HRM yet?
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Give her some time. Why don't we ask again in a few months when we're back from Bermuda.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    2f07y2t.jpg

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you guys through all the privilege.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Give her some time. Why don't we ask again in a few months when we're back from Bermuda.

Bermuda is sooooo last year I'm going to Belize this year
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Do you log calories you burn everytime you cry? I bet they really add up.

Should get a HRM to check...

Maybe typing in all caps lock will show how much you hate people telling you what to do... Even though clearly, you like telling people what to do as well.

lolz.

Crying-meme.jpg
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Maybe people are using MFP to.... *gasp* log and keep track of their exercise... I know crazy huh?
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Maybe people are using MFP to.... *gasp* log and keep track of their exercise... I know crazy huh?

C'mon now, don't be silly.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    There are definitely some MFPisms. One is the HRM and after several years I got one but I am still not following any MFPism that don't help me. Unfortunately to date the HRM hasn't helped except that I was able to do a comparison between it, MFP and my Zip Fitbit. You know what? MFP did rather well and that has been what I had used up until then. After that I have just been using what my zip syncs for me and using MFP for all non zip exercise. Mostly due to convenience. I think using TDEE and putting a calorie for exercise is a brillant approach as long as you log extra when you exercise well beyond the exercise you used to figure your TDEE. Sometimes I am sad that my Zip sync doesn't post a long run or walk so I do. Anyway I have lost more before buying my HRM than since. Like you I did not have the money and wasn't willing to spend my precious birthday and Christmas gifts on an HRM or Zip until last Christmas. I was then and I am happy with that decision but until then I would just have resented it. The one time I really wanted to use it was to make sure I was exercising in the right percentage of my target heart rate. What I found out is the 85% of my Target Heart Rate was no where near the estimate for my age. So basically I shouldn't have been walking and doing my interval running that I have been doing for the last few years if I am to believe the estimate and the HRM. I could just stand for an hour and achieve it. I haven't used it since I do what I did that day and I exercise as vigorously as possible and am still be able to talk. Do I recommend an HRM - yes but it is really not that simple. It is no magic pill. This process takes some effort and research and intelligence and personilizing it to your body. If you are getting good nutrition, getting exercise and losing slowly and sanely then don't worry.