Fit & Fun Sized Group ~ October '10

Options

Replies

• Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    Hi everyone!! How oes things?! Well me I have been focusing in on sodium hoping that is the reason my scale won't budge!! Since paying more attention to the sodium I have been in the 'green' for a few days! yay!
    So just for fun I was wondering HOW TALL everyones husband/boyfriend/significant other is???
    My husband is 5'8 maybe 5'9 he is a very muscular guy so people always think he is a lot "bigger" than he really is. I always tell them I am part of his optical illusion! When your wife doesn't even hit 4'11 of course you look tall!! :tongue:
  • mrsmcw
    mrsmcw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! How oes things?! Well me I have been focusing in on sodium hoping that is the reason my scale won't budge!! Since paying more attention to the sodium I have been in the 'green' for a few days! yay!
    So just for fun I was wondering HOW TALL everyones husband/boyfriend/significant other is???
    My husband is 5'8 maybe 5'9 he is a very muscular guy so people always think he is a lot "bigger" than he really is. I always tell them I am part of his optical illusion! When your wife doesn't even hit 4'11 of course you look tall!! :tongue:

I am 4'11" and my Hubby...is 6'8".
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Reducing sodium got the scales moving for me again when I was stuck for months without loosing. I switched to the DASH diet which is low sodium and started loosing again.

I increased the repetition on my arm exercises this week and I feel the pain. lol It will pass. As far as my goal of getting to the Y twice a week goes life is getting in the way. If I miss the Y I do 60 minutes on the stationary bike to make up for it.

Hubby is (or use to be) 5'10".

Happy Hump Day and good luck to all!

Jeannie
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon and happy hump day! I really need to come up with an effective workout routine because I find myself struggling to get a workout in everyday. For some reason I really haven't felt like working out but luckily have been able to dig deeper and complete a workout. Today I completed 32 minutes of the Push Circuit 1 dvd from the Chalean Extreme series and 10 minutes of the Cardio Max dvd from the Biggest Loser series.

I don't have a significant other but I usually date men who are 5'10 or taller. I'm 5'4 and like to wear 4 or 5 inch heels so I'd like him to be a little bit taller than me.
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I just got back from vacation and didn't gain, so I am excited about that. I didn't eat very well and alcohol didn't help. However, we did do a lot of walking and even some hiking.

My husband and I just joined a gym. It has Zumba classes, which I love. I may venture out to try some of the other classes as well.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options

I am 4'11" and my Hubby...is 6'8".
    :noway: :noway: :noway: WOW!! opposites attract right?!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,997 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: my hubby is 5'8", just the right height for me, I'm 5'3"

:flowerforyou: Choco, I learned a long time ago that the best exercise is the one you'll do, so I feel for you not being able to find the right thing right now

:flowerforyou: we've had super weather so I've had two days of walking with friends along with taking the dogs to the dog park and working in the yard....today at my line dance class we did about ten of the dances I learned at the workshop, it was fabulous :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

:flowerforyou: today in my morning reading I read "set a more realistic goal in which we refuse to lose heart when things are going badly and refuse to become complacent when things are going well"
    :heart: :heart:
  • Ngolden1
    Ngolden1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm so excited to have found this thread. I was thinking of starting one for petites, but did a quick search and found one already exists! I am 5 feet and about three quarters of an inch. I like to say I am 5'1". I am 104lbs right now - I really like to be at 100lbs - it just looks the best on my small frame. I have had injuries from running and decided to try something new - so I am currently on my third week of P90X which is a total change for me. I have never done much strength training before. I am also trying to follow the 50Protein/30Carb/20Fat plan for the initial phase. This is also new to me. I haven't lost weight doing this yet, but it could be because I struggle the most on weekends - especially football sundays when everyone comes over with beer and food.

Anyway, I am so happy this thread exists. Us short girls have such different calorie needs, carry weight differently - I often find it hard to relate to weight issues the way tall people do. Good luck to everyone!
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening all! I'm checking in late because it was a very long work day. It looks like my time of working from home is coming to an end (at least temporarily) because I was chosen to be apart of another review team who needs to meet an upcoming deadline. While the fact that I was chosen says a lot about my work and how i'm viewed within my department but I can't lie I really don't want to have to report to the office so soon. However, I will report on Monday with a bright smile and bells on.

Today I completed the Blast Fat/Boost Metabolism dvd from Jillian Michaels. This dvd is really a total body workout and despite not wanting to complete it in the beginning I'm really glad I stuck it out.

Barbie: Thank for all the continued support. I really appreciate it and I love "today's morning reading" you posted.
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today was the scheduled off day of the 30 day slim down program and i missed the first 3 days as usual for this week...so i got monday and tuesday caught up...wednesday ill get caught up on another day because theres 2 scheduled workouts tomorrow PLUS i work in the afternoon AND need to go to grocery store
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Welcome Ngolden! Glad you found this forum and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better. You are so right about "caring the weight differently" at our heights.

Choco - I hope you find a new exercise routine you like. Maybe a class in the community? Just to do something different as most of your stuff has been at home.

I forgot who said they just joined the gym with their hubby - but Kudos to both of you. I hope you find some fun stuff you can both enjoy.

Finally I made it to the Y yesterday and did 30 minutes on the elliptical trainer. I hope to get back on track with going there twice a week now that soccer is almost over!

Have a great day all,

JAM(Jeannie)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning everyone and happy Friday! I have a busy work day ahead of me so this will be a quick post. Today I completed the Legs and Back dvd from the P90X series.

Jam: Thank you so much for the continued support and the exercise suggestion. While I do have a gym membership it's so much easier to work out from home especially when I have to be in the office by 8/8:30 pm. I'll figure something out.
  • Ngolden1
    Ngolden1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I also did P90X legs and back/Ab ripper this morning. My muscles are more defined, but the really weird and discouraging thing is that three weeks in I have gained a couple pounds. Yesterday, I ate perfectly, counted every calorie, carb and protein gram and this morning I was up on the scale again! I am so confused. The only thing I can think is that the incredible amount of protein I am taking in in the "fat shredder" phase (50%) is causing me to gain weight. This has never happened to me before when I stay within calories! I am thinking I am just going back to my normal, healthy eating because that always worked for me better than this diet is.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am continuing to be careful about sodium.....I just remembered why I like oat meal so much, it has no sodium so oatmeal and homemade applesauce has almost no sodium compared to other healthy snacks that I was having that had a similar number of calories......there is so much to pay attention to :laugh:

:flowerforyou: I'm glad I was active all day because now I'm sitting too much watching the Yankees get trounced in the playoff game :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • marilla
    marilla Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I'm excited that my new gym has Zumba twice a week and I like the teacher. Also, my favorite Zumba teacher just started her Saturday classes again, so I plan to "treat" myself to some of her classes.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I'm posting late b/c it's been a pretty busy and fun weekend. Friday some friends and I went to a comedy club to celebrate some birthdays. I did not get home and settled until well after 3 am so I got up late this morning. Once I finally pulled myself out of bed I headed to a local park to see if I could pick up jogging. I had not jogged outside in months since it has been so brutally hot here in GA. Today was an absolutely beautiful day so i stretched and then took off to see how far I could go. I really truly did not expect to jog far but was amazed that I was able to jog 3.76 miles.

After my afternoon jog I came home, showered and headed to my book club meeting. I really enjoyed catching up with the ladies but could only stay two hours because I had to head to a wine tasting that was being held by a good friend. I'm not a big drinker so while I did taste a few wines I only took a sip before pouring it out so I don't think I consumed too many calories. All in all it was a wonderful weekend but I'm looking forward to just relaxing tomorrow.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good even everyone! After all the ripping and running I did this weekend I think I'm now coming down with a cold because I've been sneezing and sniffing. Friday and Saturday I was caught outside without a jacket and while it was absolutely gorgeous during the day the temperature really dropped once the sun set. Since I feel it coming on I've spent today trying to combat it by taking some Nyquil and drinking plenty of fluids. I remained in the house most of the day except when I went out to complete today's workout. Sundays are still my designated rest day so I always take it easy. I jogged for 1.6 miles and walked for 1.7 miles for a total of 3.3 miles.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good morning and happy Monday, if Monday's can be happy....LOL Anyway, this will be a quick post because it's back to the office I go. I'm unsure how long this assignment will last but I'm hoping I'll be working from home again next week.

Today, I completed the Push Circuit 3 dvd (chest, back and legs) from the Chalean Extreme program. What I have been doing the last couple of weeks is following the P90X schedule of what body parts to lift for but instead of lifting for an entire hour I go anywhere from 30-45 minutes. I really like the P90X program but really dislike having to lift for an hour everyday. I've decided I'm going to modify the time and workouts where needed in order to fit my schedule.

I hope everyone has a great day.
  • barbiecat
    Options
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: choco, you live such a full life with your friends and family and events and busy job and all your variety of exercise....you have so much to be grateful for.....i am so glad you are in my life :bigsmile:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: my exercise today will be of the house and garage cleaning sort along with yoga and the exercise bike.....I have been active but leaving household chores on the back burner....hubby took the dogs to the dog park and he and I will work on some garage organizing projects after the fabulous lunch that's just about ready to serve

:bigsmile: marilla, I heard that the best exercise is the one that you'll do so I'm happy for you that Zumba will be so readily available to you......I learned some zumba moves a few weeks ago and it was fun, but, for me, not as much fun as my line dance.

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I hope everyone has a fabulous, active, and rewarding day.
    :heart:
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    Woke up with some lower back pain. I still managed to do my workout...just kept it low impact...no jumping. It feels better. Hope it stays that way. I'd hate to not be able to exercise!

Hope everyone had a good day!