weight watchers wtf !!!

Options
eriny
eriny Posts: 1,509 Member
wow must be doing good work had weight watchers in at work today to have people join i listened asked questions when it was over the books she gave me in the beginning to show what to do and so on ...as we had to sign a payroll deduct to join shes like with the question you are asking seems like your doing good why are you joining ?? i told her i listen and read about all differant way to lose or keep off weight so i thought why not join weight watchers asked more questions about the points they use compared to calories as i eat 1700 - 1900 daily just said the points make it easier asked about the meats you can eat lean vs fatty she said doesnt matter as long as you eat 3oz WTF !!! it does matter !!!! i mean lean meat 4oz 120 calories fatty 3 oz 250 come on then men women eat the same 3oz ???? then on top of all that what about the sodium out of you canned soups meats canned veggies your telling then to eat !!!!!!! and then took the books away told me to think about it before signing up ? wtf thanks for letting me rant i am sure more to come :mad:

Replies

• eriny
    Options
    also she said average sodium intake 2800 !!!!!!! The US sodium RDA of less than 2,400 mg i try 2000 or less :sick:
  • nikki91950
    Options
    lol... so do you have questions about weight watchers? i've been a member for six years now. i know the basics.
  • eriny
    Options
    no it was a turn off plus i am not about starving my self
  • eriny
    Options
    the people who did join are set for faliure or make it by starving
  • nikki91950
    Options
    why do you think that members are starving? did you stick around long enough to find out that you get extra points every day for exercising?
  • lynne_p
    lynne_p Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Good for you for asking questions! Too many people sign up for these programs which cost hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars, without knowing what it's all about. Cudos! :smile:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That person gave you misinformation. The meats do matter. Lean is not valued as the same points as reg etc. Actually any light version of any food will change the points value and it is usually suggested to pick the lower cal/fat version whenever you can.

I did both WW and MFP at the same time for a short period just to compare and they are pretty well identical in calorie intake vs points intake. I choose to do MFP though since it was free and the support system is better.

If you did WW though you wouldnt' starve, they have flex points and you can still eat exercize points so really it's just another way to keep track of your daily in's and outs.

Good luck whatever you choose to do.
  • TtotheAtotheB
    Options
    Now that is funny... I used to work for WW years ago and the people there are actually people that went thru the program...The program actually work... The calories are a little low...
  • megsta21
    megsta21 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Lol.... sorry just had to say.... if you had of said

"HCG WTF!!!"

you would have gotten A LOT more hits... and been told off throughly! :noway:

Hahaha.... lucky weight watchers peeps are more understanding!! LOL... :tongue:

:heart: Megs :wink:
    (the spoon who stirs the pot) :laugh:
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers for ages and certainly didn't have to starve myself to see a steady weight loss or to maintain. Far from it in fact. And we certainly weren't told to eat ready meals or canned stuff, there was loads of info on how to make low point meals and snacks.

Unless something has drastically changed it sounds like the person you spoke to didn't know the answers to your questions so just made something up rather than admit it.
  • eriny
    Options
    i agree to that !!
    I did weight watchers for ages and certainly didn't have to starve myself to see a steady weight loss or to maintain. Far from it in fact. And we certainly weren't told to eat ready meals or canned stuff, there was loads of info on how to make low point meals and snacks.

Unless something has drastically changed it sounds like the person you spoke to didn't know the answers to your questions so just made something up rather than admit it.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I follow WW now and have for the last few years...it's very sensible and manageable for a long-term lifestyle change.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers twice and it worked while I was paying and going, but it wasn't effective for me in the long term. It's also really expensive for what is essentially free on MFP - and with greater support and less judgement here. I never starved myself on WW, I just didn't find that I could go for longer than a few months without feeling ripped off, deciding I could do it on my own for free, and then invariably gaining back. MFP is definitely a more economical choice!
  • pitapocket
    pitapocket Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I follow WW now and have for the last few years...it's very sensible and manageable for a long-term lifestyle change.

I agree.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I did weight watchers twice and it worked while I was paying and going, but it wasn't effective for me in the long term. It's also really expensive for what is essentially free on MFP - and with greater support and less judgement here. I never starved myself on WW, I just didn't find that I could go for longer than a few months without feeling ripped off, deciding I could do it on my own for free, and then invariably gaining back. MFP is definitely a more economical choice!

I followed (paid for) the program long enough that I quit going and I just follow it on my own now. Everybody's different, gotta do what works for you. :smile:
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    WW you get a regular points for your weight you are now for the week........ Plus a extra 35 pts per week, plus if you exercise you get pts. for that...... You eat whatever you want but count pts... If you want to eat healthy food you can , Which is rhe right way to go... if you want to eat junk you can but you have to count the pts... Of course the junk food is higher pts so you get less and then you will starve.... It is similiar to MFP only you count Points vs Calories... When you reach your goal you dont have to pay anymore but if you gain over a certain amount I think 5 lbs you have to start paying till you lose down again....
    I like My Fitness Pal just as good.... But I have been on many diets... All are good for awhile then seems you start slacking off... But I hope if I lose this time to my goal I will stick to it.
  • Voncreepy2
    Voncreepy2 Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I think some people don't know where to start at all. For people who have never eaten in moderation, it is great. The main point is portion control or giving up something so you can have something else. There are all these fancy smancy diets out there , but really it is all about portion control, exercize and watching what you eat. Too bad our society pays to find out what is common knowledge , just need instructions , I guess. WW does work but, eventually, it's all comes down to PERSONAL lifestyle change. What works for some won't work for others. Still one of the better ones out there.
  • eriny
    Options
    well of like 150 -200 employees only 14 had signed up they needed 15 i told hr ill try it i can lose a couple of lbs plus always looking to learn more ...but but i head and saw from this lady was a joke maybe just here but red flags where going off about what she was saying some one asked before after pics she said she lost 50 for 10 yrs dont have one ????? come on ! then about the foods , no concern about lean to fatty foods , size , much less sodium
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I did WW when I was 19 and lost 17 pounds in four months without exercising. I was very disciplined back then and did not have any of the stresses of adult life. I tried it again this past year and failed miserably. And lost about $150 in the process...

I don't think there is anything wrong per se with WW. I do feel that there is a lack of a support system, if you are just doing it online. Their forums are not nearly as active as MFP.

Also, WW doesn't really help to track fat and sodium, which is key for pear shaped persons like myself. There is no real details on integrating exercise, except for a booklet you get like three weeks into the prgram, which encourages walking.

After finding MFP and realizing that this is JUST LIKE WW, except with better info, better tracking, better support system, I am so mad that I spent so much time and money on something that is FREE on here.
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I want to add that the fact that WW has those Smart Ones meals, goes to show how they feel about sodium intake.

Here is a list of all the "heathly" frozen meals that WW endorses, with their nutrition data. I stopped looking after I saw one meal with 890mg of sodium (37% DV) :

http://caloriecount.about.com/smart-ones-nutrition-m942

Heart disease anyone???