Lose 2lbs/month - Permanent Thread until Jan1st, 2014

Options
Hi,

This is a continuation of the following thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1107689-lose-2lbs-month-by-jan-1st-week-4-sept-30

Lose 2lbs/month - Permanent Thread until Jan1st, 2014

Very Few Rules

1. This will be the permanent thread - Bookmark it - easier to track
2. Weigh Ins are whenever you feel like If you want to report your weight 1 time per month - totally fine with that.
3. Google Doc Spreadsheet is here: http://tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
4. Post anything you want and support one another.
5. This is "not" a group - it is just a "free and open thread"

This thread was created specifically to promote a "Slow and Steady" approach to weightloss and fitness!

Sub challenges for fitness are welcome!

Enter your current weight and I will update the spreadsheet:

http://tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014

Keep going we all can do this!

Replies

• TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Nope.........not gonna do it. TOM (TMI, i know) and I'm "refusing" to get on the scale! Big step for me as you know I am addicted to those numbers. So to keep myself from being bummed, I am taking this week off from the scale and will report next week :tongue:

Thanks for the support and continued encouragement. And I know I am speaking for all of us signed up for your challenges. You rock, Chevy! :flowerforyou:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @Rhon - totally "get it" - I created this thread literally as a response to all those lost 40 lbs in 4 months. I saw some one who wanted to lose 80 lbs in 4 months and about 10 people jumped in saying she could "do it".

I am finally at the point where (knock on wood) where if I go up for a few weeks I don't care.. took me a long time to get there. When I finally get back to lifting more.. I am going to purposely "shelve" the scale so as not to get met.

I am a numbers guy too obviously so that is why I do that keeping it Green thing... so I can get my "numbers' fix. Plus I hang out in the MYA challenge too!

Go for it this week :smile: :smile: :smile:
    Nope.........not gonna do it. TOM (TMI, i know) and I'm "refusing" to get on the scale! Big step for me as you know I am addicted to those numbers. So to keep myself from being bummed, I am taking this week off from the scale and will report next week :tongue:

Thanks for the support and continued encouragement. And I know I am speaking for all of us signed up for your challenges. You rock, Chevy! :flowerforyou:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    and my check in

184.4 - Lost .2 lbs (happy)

Everyone.. you know you can check in 1 time a month, 2 times a week, just on the 2nd tuesday of each month.

This is and isn't about the scale it is about a sustainable lifestyle!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    and my check in

184.4 - Lost .2 lbs (happy)

Everyone.. you know you can check in 1 time a month, 2 times a week, just on the 2nd tuesday of each month.

This is and isn't about the scale it is about a sustainable lifestyle!

And that is why this is such an awesome and much needed group/thread :flowerforyou:
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    SW 146

GW 138

CW 144.8

Down a WHOLE pound! *happy dance* :bigsmile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    @Iron_Feline
    Some serious awesomeness going on here! Congrats!
    SW 146

GW 138

CW 144.8

Down a WHOLE pound! *happy dance* :bigsmile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    And Spreadsheet updated to here <><><><><><><><><>

tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
  • TPlenge
    TPlenge Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SW 123
    CW 121.5
    GW 115

Down another half pound. My weight is still fluctuating -- hey but at least it is bouncing in a downward trend.

I think our goals are do-able by January 1st. Plus this weigh-in keeps us accountable and will give us some added motivation to stick to our plan over the coming Holidays. We can do this!!
  • mineownself
    Options
    45 y/o female, 5'2"

SW 153
    CW 144
    GW 120

Keep fluctuating up and down the same 3 lbs - MAJOR scale OCD - working on that...

Took 6 months off after hitting 135, put 10 lbs back on on UGH - starting again....

4 wks into JNL Fusion so I know I'm toning and building, so the lack of lb loss I contribute to lean muscle creation - so I'm ok with that.

Going on holidays for 10 days on Thursday so w/o and clean eating more than likely out the door. Plan to restart JNL Fusion on my return home and git 'er done!!

Have a great active day!
  • ShadeBlossom
    ShadeBlossom Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    2lbs a month sounds totally doable!

SW: 194.2
    CW: 193.2
    GW: 188
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    SW:125
    CW:120
    GW:118
    The weight seems to be dropping off quickly since I curbed my middle of the night eating and stopped(mostly) grazing on the food at work. It's either that or I must have a tapeworm :tongue: . I wasn't trying to lose weight this fast. I started working in a restaurant again in May and I knew my willpower would be tested. How can you not eat cheese fries, carrot cake, etc., when it's right there in front of you ALL OF THE TIME? lol. Anyway, my discipline faltered over the summer, but it's back and I'm making healthier choices again. Now, I just need to get back to a steady workout routine :). Thanks for starting this group Chevy. It's really helped me refocus :smile:
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    <><><><><> Spreadsheet updated to here <><><><>
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014

@Tplenge - That is great news - it is all about "sustainability" - slow and steady wins the race!
    Down another half pound. My weight is still fluctuating -- hey but at least it is bouncing in a downward trend.

@mineownself - Welcome. Got you yon the spreadsheet - see above
    I used your current weight as starting and down 6 off for your goal (2 lbs per month)
    Let's do this! :-)

@shadeblossom - awesome and you are "on the spreadsheet"

@lovingmyself - Thanks for the affirmation - Wow working at a restaurant - i used to do that and some days it was easy and some days it was very hard :-). Good work!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Hi - I thought I would give a little "local color" about myself. I wanted to show that I have "practiced" the losing 2-3 lbs month since may. It has taken me 5 months to lose 14 lbs and I am estatic because I feel like it is permanent. That is 2.8 loss per month!

(That is a little different than all those lose 10/month challenges that spring up all over here LOL)

My 10day average weight is 185.54

May 7 - 199.92
    June 1 - 195.98
    July 1 - 192.26
    Aug 1 - 193.26
    Sept 1 - 188.26
    Oct 1 - 185.78
    Oct 7 - 185.54

This is regularly consuming 2000+ calories per day by the way! (However I try to net between 1500-1800 per day)

Here are some shots from my runkeeper app

Oct1-72013_zps31ea7849.jpg

exercise.png

I am a member of the MYA challenge which has really motivated me too!

(I always give props to other challenges)
  • katealbright
    katealbright Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Group SW: 125.8
    CW: 124.4
    UGW: 118

YAY! I know we were planning to lose slower in this group, but this was my "week 1" of cutting calories after a maintenance phase, so I think it will slow down now. But still... YAY! Lol
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
    @Kate - Thanks for the great feedback - The spreadsheet is updated :-)

quote]
    Group SW: 125.8
    CW: 124.4
    UGW: 118

YAY! I know we were planning to lose slower in this group, but this was my "week 1" of cutting calories after a maintenance phase, so I think it will slow down now. But still... YAY! Lol
    [/quote]
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CW: 137.0

Ahh, I'm so close to being a "normal weight" for the first time in my adult life. I still love this slow and steady technique, it's really been working for me the past few months.
  • Angimom
    Angimom Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I am so glad I found this thread!! I totally agree with this philosophy! I want to keep living my life and not solely concentrating on losing weight, which means it comes off slower. )))HAPPY DANCE)))
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I do believe this is where I should be. I feel like the slowest loser and have never succeeded at the losing 5lb a month or 20 lbs by such and such date.

CW: 160.8 (I was really hoping for under 160 this am, bummer)
  • clairey3083
    Options
    idk but ive lost 36 lbs in 5 months!
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    CW: 135.0
    GW: 129.7

This was a nice weigh in since I was up a little last week. It's all evening out.