1200 Calorie Diet???? Seriously???

Options
I'm fairly new to this forum and am really surprised at how many people on here are starving themselves to lose weight. Weight loss is not a sprint its a marathon. Its something that should happen over time, not within a few weeks. Weight loss is more than just limiting your caloric intake. Its a combination of eating clean and healthy ( I hate the word diet) and exercising on a daily basis. Starving yourself is not a healthy way to lose weight and by limiting your caloric intake to 1200 or so calories is doing just that. Not only is it unhealthy, but its a process that you will never stick to because its not natural and uncomfortable to do. So lets be serious and talk about how to lose weight realistically.

I would first ask yourself, "why do I want to lose weight?' Is it for appearance? Is it to be more healthy? Is it to be able to make it up that flight of steps without getting tired? Once you understand your own reasoning you can then move forward and begin your weight loss journey, because after all that's what it should be, a journey not a short trip. Once you've realized your goal and the reason for it you need to make the biggest decision of all, and that's to commit to yourself and commit to achieving your goal of losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle.

So now you've made the decision to put your health first; now what? Lets start with your eating habits. What do you eat? When do you eat it? and how often are you eating? Your body is a very complex machine but by following some simple rules about eating, you can have it running very efficiently. Follow these few simple rules and you'll see and feel the difference in your energy level.
-Start every day with an 8oz. glass of lemon water
-Monitor your portions- you should be eating small portion meals throughout the day rather than one, two or three large portioned meals a day
-Drink water, all day long
-Focus on lean proteins like chicken, turkey, salmon etc. and I don't mean processed cold-cuts...
-Focus on eating fresh vegetables, steamed when possible
-Limit unnecessary condiments i.e. mayonnaise, oils, salt etc.
-Limit, but don't restrict carbohydrates. Complex carbs are needed by your body
-Dairy is ok but in limited portions and should be kept to low fat dairy. Greek yogurt is a good choice.
-Fresh fruit should be kept to 1 or 2 pieces a day. Its high in sugar and you should be limiting your sugar

This si just a guide to go by. Your food intake should be directly related to your physical activity. Exercise is key but that's a whole other topic....

Replies

• JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ^^^This!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I used to be on the 1200 day calorie but I found I was getting light headed so I upped my calories to 1400 and since my body adjusted to it I don't get light headed anymore and there are body changes happening in a good way