I am very appalled...TOO!

Options

Replies

• LifeEternal
    LifeEternal Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thats merely the residuals from an excellent marketing campaign on junk food.

Perhaps we can do some more promotion in the next commercial ad campaign on fruits, veggies and grains?

Oh wait! there aren't any, or at least not as many as the baragement of commercials for cheetos, pringles, chocolate and all the things that when eaten in the place of proper fruits and vegetables can provide a less appetizing results.

:O
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Go buy a lunchable, throw the contents out, and then refill if with your more nutritional items. Its all about the book cover...Just tell your son he can't throw it away. Stick to your guns and provide your son with the best of what you have to offer.

Thanks! :flowerforyou:
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Tell him you want him to be strong and healthy.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    why not give a mix of popular plus healthy in the lunch box. When little my kids would get salads, wholemeal sandwiches etc, home made jelly with fruit bits in there (not bad on the unhealthy scales but still cool for school) and then small snacks such as triangle cheese/a chocolate biscuit etc. I think moderation is key and then they have a healthy relationship with all foods. That way you take away the excitement of banned/bad foods but kids also learn about a little bit of what you fancy is ok too
  • MB_Positif
    Options
    OP you must teach your kid to be more of a wise *kitten* and say things like, "how come your parents don't love you enough to feed you real food?"

I may or may not have told him that another kid's parents didn't care about his nutrition because they gave him PB&J every day. THEN my sweet son may or may not have reprimanded me for saying that because it wasn't nice.
  • aschroeder2749
    aschroeder2749 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Also, kids like novelty. Maybe try cutting sandwiches and fruits into cool shapes? You can find all sorts of kid-friendly lunch ideas on the internet that's just healthy food in disguise. My oldest thinks its so cool when something boring is suddenly transformed into something unique.
  • rednose83
    rednose83 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Kids really want to fit in. Find a grocery store like Whole Foods or whatever and find a healthier version of a lunchable or whatever. Get some of those fun size Halloween candies and drop one in their lunch each day. I'm sure you can find a version of Lunchable with whole grain crackers or whatever.
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Go find the kid that said it and punch him in his little *kitten* mouth.

Or not.

Teacher of the Year! this literally made my day
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    OP you must teach your kid to be more of a wise *kitten* and say things like, "how come your parents don't love you enough to feed you real food?"

I may or may not have told him that another kid's parents didn't care about his nutrition because they gave him PB&J every day. THEN my sweet son may or may not have reprimanded me for saying that because it wasn't nice.

Hate to say it but your son was right. That's not very nice. My Mom gave me PBJ or bologna & ketchup every day for like 3 years in elementary school because it's what she could afford. (I refused to eat bologna or ketchup for years afterward :laugh:) But it's good that your kid's not mean spirited. Kudos to him. I probably would have thought the same thing you did about those parents though, oddly enough.
  • MB_Positif
    Options

Hate to say it but your son was right. That's not very nice. My Mom gave me PBJ or bologna & ketchup every day for like 3 years in elementary school because it's what she could afford. (I refused to eat bologna or ketchup for years afterward :laugh:) But it's good that your kid's not mean spirited. Kudos to him. I probably would have thought the same thing you did about those parents though, oddly enough.

After he reprimanded me I explained that I didn't mean it like that and that it was better to have a little more variety to get proper nutrition! :bigsmile:
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I'm appalled that you give your kid such healthy food. That is what is wrong with our economy today. We are teaching our kids not to frequent the most American of things such as Mickey Ds, Burger King, Wendys, and of course Dairy Queen. How are they going to learn without eating deep fried butter? You lady, should be ashamed of yourself. That is all!!!
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Tell him to go back and and say "My mom gives me food like this because she didn't give up on me."

Hell yes.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    .....and now start the 12 threads that are knock-offs of the original.

TyTy76 - I am appalled that my kid eats with Canadians

Noob - I am appalled that I don't know how to spell appalled

Waffle - I am appalled noob's appalled behavior

Brainy Burro - I am appalled that my pizza isn't here yet.

Marry me. Your wife is cool with it, I checked.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

All of which I would find more enjoyable than the original.

Funny how that always seems to work that way.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Tell him to go back and and say "My mom gives me food like this because she didn't give up on me."

That's a good way to get a bully on you..
  • odusgolp
    Options

Or not.

I can't stop laughing. I love you.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

I am waiting for these.

Also, tell your kid that you like to feed him real food because he is a real kid. Only little chits eat candy and lunchables.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options

Or not.

I can't stop laughing. I love you.

Awesome. Now make me a sammich
  • odusgolp
    Options

All of which I would find more enjoyable than the original.

Funny how that always seems to work that way.

51987-Are-You-Not-Entertained-1a5I.jpeg
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options

Or not.

This!