Real Focus T25 Results? Anyone got a unbiased review?

Options

Replies

• miamiheat3peat
    Options
    I just finished week 1 of Beta today. I LOVE T25. Can't say enough good things about it. Major changes in my body and I've dropped past my goal weight! I'm 116.6lbs and 5'4" and was 123.6 when I started Alpha. I can't wait to finish Beta, will definitely order Gamma!!!!

PS, not a coach :)

Congrats on your progress! I have similar stats to yours (5'2 - roughly 125-127lbs) and I'm usually a very slow loser. You mind sharing your eating regimen? What are your thoughts about the program now that you're well into the Beta Phase? Ty! :)
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I jst finished T25 and I thoroughly enjoyed the program. I did Insanity before doing T25 and lost 36lbs. Focus T25 got me toned, and my abs actually finally made an appearance! Your weight loss goal is not unrealistic. You will get toned using T25. As far as diet goes, I would steer away from the "fad" diets...the ones with names that everybody tries and nobody sticks to. My experience watching friends who used diets such as Atkins, Shred, etc..... all of them lost weight. Unfortunately, when they started eating "normal" again the weight just came back. Diet is a change of habit that has to be maintained. I am using the nutrition guide that came with Insanity (very similar to the one that comes with T25) and have modified it only slightly to accomodate my caloric needs. I cut WAY back on fast food (big burgers), I eat more veggies, and only whole wheat bread, pasta, etc. I also eat more frequently thru the day instead of eating larger meals. It seems to work for me, as I have maintained my weight for a few months now. Good luck on your journey! You're going to love it! And yes.....that was a long post. : )
  • jlfields76
    jlfields76 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I finished T25 Alpha and Beta phase two weeks ago. I dropped from 131 to 127lbs during the 10 weeks. I saw a noticable difference in my calfs, quads, glutes and abs. I am most surprised by the positive change in my legs. I wished it focused a little bit more on the lifting of the glutes but hey I can't have everything. I took two weeks off and now I am starting Gamma phase. Can't wait to see the results from there. Take a look at my profile or my instgrm @mrsjessicaleighfields for pictures and progress.

Feel free to add me especially if you are doing T25!
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow! Looking at your profile pic and you have had a GREAT success! Good luck with Gamma. It looks like a blast. After my 2nd round of Insanity is done I am planning to hit Insanity Asylum. Loving it!
  • WeeBelle123
    WeeBelle123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • miamiheat3peat
    Options
    I jst finished T25 and I thoroughly enjoyed the program. I did Insanity before doing T25 and lost 36lbs. Focus T25 got me toned, and my abs actually finally made an appearance! Your weight loss goal is not unrealistic. You will get toned using T25. As far as diet goes, I would steer away from the "fad" diets...the ones with names that everybody tries and nobody sticks to. My experience watching friends who used diets such as Atkins, Shred, etc..... all of them lost weight. Unfortunately, when they started eating "normal" again the weight just came back. Diet is a change of habit that has to be maintained. I am using the nutrition guide that came with Insanity (very similar to the one that comes with T25) and have modified it only slightly to accomodate my caloric needs. I cut WAY back on fast food (big burgers), I eat more veggies, and only whole wheat bread, pasta, etc. I also eat more frequently thru the day instead of eating larger meals. It seems to work for me, as I have maintained my weight for a few months now. Good luck on your journey! You're going to love it! And yes.....that was a long post. : )

Lol! =) Yeah I'm too chirpy for myself sometimes. I decided I'll start on Monday. Mentally commit myself and prepare for an overall natural diet with less processed food. I too, have found that anything strict is unfeasible for me. I'll just loosely follow something or rather, tailor it to my circumstances. Thanks for your input!
  • luleyt
    luleyt Posts: 1
    Options
    Tonight will be the finish of my 4th week of alpha T25. I am at EXACTLY my starting weight and haven't really seen much of a difference. After my 2 sessions tonight, I will be taking my 3rd round of pics and possibly be posting them here just so everyone can see the little improvement (if any) that I have had. I have been working my BUTT off during these sessions AND changing my diet and I don't know what to do. Hopefully Beta will bring better results?
  • alizab223
    Options
    Are all of the workouts very cardio-like? I have breathing issues and when I do the programs that have one day a week of cardio I spend all week dreading it... I would hate to get T25 if every day was like a cardio day :)
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Are all of the workouts very cardio-like? I have breathing issues and when I do the programs that have one day a week of cardio I spend all week dreading it... I would hate to get T25 if every day was like a cardio day :)

They all have cardio in them but they are all focused on different things.
  • ks1004
    ks1004 Posts: 5
    Options
    I just started Focus T25 and I love it. 25 minutes goes by so fast and I feel so good after I finish. This is where I found it: http://powerworkout.net/
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Honest right....

I purchased the set a few weeks after release. I was extremely excited as I thought it would be a good mix between BB Les Mills Pump and accommodate my insane schedule. My beginning stats were 5'6.5" / 170 lbs / BMI - Overweight and I had not exercised continuously in year. After attempting to get through a week of the video, I felt slightly injured.Even with the modifications, I struggled getting through the entire workout. Because I lacked stamina and coordination, I realized I would be prone to injure.

That said, I believe the system is effective. I'll continue T25 once I'm down to the last 10lbs. Essentially, T25 will serve as my "tone" phase. I'll probably go back and forth between T25 and P90X3 after completing my first phase of T25.

FYI - I'm have no affiliation with BeachBody other than a user.
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    Has anyone done the Gamma videos yet? I'm really on the fence as to whether it's worth shelling out another $60+ for 4 more workouts. I'm currently on week 4 of Alpha, so I still have time to make this decision, but I'd like some information from anyone who's done them as to what added value they truly bring, other than just the BB hyped up version. Thanks!
  • jenmencer
    Options
    I finished the program. I am also a Coach but I am also all about honesty. I loved the program but ALPHA was hard on me. Mentally mostly. I could NOT stay focused because it was too repetitive! BETA was awesome, it was more of what I was looking for and got me interested in strength training. All of the other Coaches in my circle have gotten angry with me for telling people ALPHA is repetitive but I am sorry...there is only so many jack feet I can do before I want to gouge my eyes out! Looking forward to GAMMA at some point, probably after my CLX/LMC hybrid.
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    12.5 inches lost total 2 lbs lost total

25p1c43.jpg
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options

Every day is like a cardio day. I wouldn't get them if you dread cardio.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Final results: 1lb and 10inches lost and dropped a pants size. Wish I had measured my arms and calves, will do for Round 2.
  • alizab223
    Options

Every day is like a cardio day. I wouldn't get them if you dread cardio.

Ugh :( Thanks for letting me know!
  • ChirpyBird8
    Options
    A couple questions...is it more cardio or strength training driven workout? I don't need to loose weight but just maintain and "tone up" more. The workouts I saw on the tv infomorcial looked like the workouts I have done at my gym that they call Dynamic Training.

I also have a bone on bone knee and wondered if I could handle it. I do workouts at the gym and since loosing my weight my knee doesn't hurt or bother me but I don't want to make it worse than it already is!
    Thanks in advance!

It would probably be difficult with your knee--there's a lot of jumping around but you are given the option to modify (someone is demonstrating the modifications). I would say it's more cardiovascular and some strength training in the form of bodyweight training. It's decent if you're pressed for time. I've been incorporating other workouts along with it.
  • ChirpyBird8
    Options
    Please excuse the error in posting, but I am new to this forum and to blogs in general. I saw the infomercial last night and after reading everyone's comment I am seriously considering this program. My knees can't take high impact like they used to and I see that modifications are shown on the Alpha routines, but are modifications also shown for Beta?
  • TheFitHooker
    Options
    Please excuse the error in posting, but I am new to this forum and to blogs in general. I saw the infomercial last night and after reading everyone's comment I am seriously considering this program. My knees can't take high impact like they used to and I see that modifications are shown on the Alpha routines, but are modifications also shown for Beta?

Yes, modifications are the entire workout. Even Gamma has it.