Replies

• Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    INteresting.
  • sarrah_n
    sarrah_n Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that adding calories helped me build muscle. I increased by calorie intake and adjusted my macros:

Months 1-3: I wasworking out 3-4 days per week and was eating 1400 calories per day- the scale barely moved, didn't see much change, and I was ALWAYS sore and hungry.

Month 4-6: I kept the same workout regime but ate 2000 calories per day with more PROTEIN- lost 8 pounds, 2 pant sizes, and TONED everything! Visible changes :)

Adding calories worked for me...
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    So you can cut quickly to get to an acceptable bf%, and then slowly add back the lost lean mass and then some more?

No thanks, I'd rather cut bf% slowly and maintain muscle mass. I get to eat more and work out more and get stronger more the whole time too.
  • MUZZAMMIL10
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/

Guys I used scooby's theory that u can build muscle and lose fat at the same time.
    Yea I know muscle gain will be slow but it is possible!
    But you've apparently gained lots of muscle very quickly. There's contradiction in your statements. So which is it?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Yea I gained around 4-5lb of muscle.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Personally, I found that adding calories helped me build muscle. I increased by calorie intake and adjusted my macros:

Months 1-3: I wasworking out 3-4 days per week and was eating 1400 calories per day- the scale barely moved, didn't see much change, and I was ALWAYS sore and hungry.

Month 4-6: I kept the same workout regime but ate 2000 calories per day with more PROTEIN- lost 8 pounds, 2 pant sizes, and TONED everything! Visible changes :)

Adding calories worked for me...

Hmmm... that's really interesting. You think it's because you were consuming so few calories your body was holding on to what it had, basically "starvation mode"? Were you eating back the calories you burned?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,719 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/gain-muscle-lose-fat/

Guys I used scooby's theory that u can build muscle and lose fat at the same time.
    Yea I know muscle gain will be slow but it is possible!
    But you've apparently gained lots of muscle very quickly. There's contradiction in your statements. So which is it?

IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
    Yea I gained around 4-5lb of muscle.
    And you measure this how?

IDEA Fitness member
  • BigJohnJ
    Options
    In a caloric deficit over the course of a training cycle, you can lose fat and gain muscle definition. To build muscle, you need to add calories. Getting your diet and nutrition "right" needs to be the foundation of your training. Only then should you take a look at what is happening with your body and figure out if you need any supplements. Excellent, useable nutrition information is available at: www.musclecookbook.net