What kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• Akkikokoro
    Options
    I have a husky puppy named Tex, she is a little trouble maker. She is pictured in my profile picture with me and is on my ticker c:
  • adnamalegna
    adnamalegna Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have:
    A mastiff female pup named Elvira - Mastiffs are very social, and she is an inside dog. Docile and awesome with children
    A great dane/Catahoula mix named Frankenstein Catahoula's are watchful and protective(not in an aggressive way) and Great danes are social and docile. Also great with Children
    A great pyr/ st Bernard mix named Kujo Both of these breeds are known for being protectors/rescuers. He is great with our children as well
    All but Elvira and Hades have been rescues-
    well.. the human children were on purpose too..HAHA

(and we have three cats: Hades(Black Maine Coon), Persephone(white Siamese mix), Zeus(Siamese), two turtles, Jack and Henry and four lizards, Lucy, Fred, Ethel and Ricky)

And two human kids..haha
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    We have two: Carlin is a blue heeler crossed with lab and Sparky is a pit bull crossed with a Jack Russell....yes you read that right, 70# of Jack Russell coming at you with no concept of pain, lol. They were both rescues. We got Carlin from the pound when he was 2 (now he's 15) and Sparky from the side of the highway when he was about 8 weeks old (now he's 5).

My Pit/JRT was 47 lbs when I got her, but I think her previous owner only fed her people food. She was super excited when it was time for us to eat, and wouldn't touch her food. Now she's about 35 lbs. The shelter said her weight was making her hard to adopt, but I'm sure it's because she looked more like a Pit when she was fat. The way she crawls across my face to be the closest when Stitch jumps up on the bed, I'm glad she doesn't weigh 70 lbs!
  • shadow997
    shadow997 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I HAVE 2 ENGLISH COCKER SPANIELS
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    My big softie black labrador passed away last year at the age of 10 from cancer...I miss him more than anything.

This is Ripley:

2djucy8.jpg

At the beginning of September, I am picking up this little guy! :) A chocolate labrador. Still don't have a name for him yet! So excited! Can't wait to have a walking buddy!

tz7zc.jpg

I think I will always be a labrador girl. The breed is so calm and gentle, and not to mention adorable!! Then again, most dog breeds are! :D

Ah so sorry about your black lab. The choc pup is so cute. I have 3 labs. 2 blacks, 1 choc. Love them with all my :heart:
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    IMG_0058_1_zpsebbc98c0.jpg
    IMG_0065_1_zps54d81deb.jpg
    first one is shih-tzu
    second one is shih-tzu + poodle mix. ( lost her father to cancer of pancreas it was very sudden we were not expecting it, he was 9, thats all i want to talk about on that topic.)

Our 2 children
  • Loss4TheWin
    Options
    An Akita mix. Adopted him from the shelter. How could you say no to those eyes??

tzN08gX.jpg
  • liana__x
    liana__x Posts: 90
    Options
    I have a very gorgeous black + tan yorkshire terrier named Harvey. He will be 3 years old next month & we all love him so much ♡
  • MaximusJake
    Options
    I have a 5 year old pure bred Black Lab 'Jake.' He took the same journey that I have. Started out fit as a fiddle and slowly gained weight due to a sedentary lifestyle. Unfortunately, both of us gaining weight was my fault. He was a little overweight so he started on a diet when I did.

I looked around the internet and did a ton of research on dog food. I was shocked to find that a dog's food can affect more than just their weight. Their immune system, energy, and mood is affected by the quality of food they get. I wasn't about to spend hundreds of dollars a month on premium dog food so I started to make him food at home.

I needed a well balanced diet and so did Jake. I found myfinesspal and to help me and I found http://secretsofdogfood.net for Jake. Apparently, most commercial dog food contains chemical and preservatives that can eventually lead to cancer. That made me think about preservatives and chemicals in the food that I was eating. Fast food may taste 'good' but boy is it full of bad chemicals and preservatives.

It's funny but I didn't start thinking about what I was putting in my body until I thought about what I was putting in my dog's body. Hopefully, with a changed lifestyle and diet, Jake and I can stay cancer free.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    shih tzu/maltese and a maltese/pekingese. They're brothers - Mom was the maltese.
  • 1alicia3
    Options
    <---- Boston Terrier, named Sephora <3
  • Nycdanz13
    Options
    A boxer!!
  • Nycdanz13
    Options
    <---- Boston Terrier, named Sephora <3

So cute I can't stand it!!
  • stephanieross1
    stephanieross1 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    1004652_10153074771315459_2069220601_n.jpg

1006303_10153072026670459_1469121383_n.jpg

This is my mooch. He's a big ol' grump that loves to sleep all day
  • AllyFitFreak83
    Options
    My handsome Prince, Junior. Chihuahua:

This was him trying to get in my case, he didn't want me to go away! *cries* :

2j4uhl3.jpg
  • KLiK3xs
    KLiK3xs Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Rat Terrier... She rules the house!
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    A Ferret & Shihtzu

????
  • Revillee
    Revillee Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    German sheppard
  • JDMarlowe
    JDMarlowe Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    A rescued Great dane /Boxer mix and a weiner dog. :smile:
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    we rescued a dog named Penny. She's a shepherd/lab cross and about 2 years old. She is my fur baby for sure. I didn't choose her though, my fiance saw a poster up "free dog" and texted me to ask if I wanted her. Of course I wanted her. Best decision ever, minus the fact that she runs away when the gate is open (not for very long), she is very well behaved and beautiful.

Fingers crossed this works, or else I give up lol

IMG_20131004_202044_zps3d3d465f.jpg

IMG_20131004_202251_zpsdec8fb59.jpg