What is your profession? job? employment?

Options

Replies

• aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Artist. Painting mostly.
  • jennwhite34
    jennwhite34 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Accountant
  • VetGirl13
    Options
    Student but soon to be a veterinarian
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    TBD
  • missmelt
    missmelt Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    High school english/history/biology teacher
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Operations Tech/Dispatcher for State Highway emergency operation center.
  • Drdisney
    Drdisney Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Workaholic ... I am a professor, serial entrepreneur (CEO of my 2nd biotech startup, CFO of my 3rd) and in my spare time I am editor-in-chief of a scientific journal. Definitely part of the problems, since I sit in-front of a computer most of the time.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Workaholic ... I am a professor, serial entrepreneur (CEO of my 2nd biotech startup, CFO of my 3rd) and in my spare time I am editor-in-chief of a scientific journal. Definitely part of the problems, since I sit in-front of a computer most of the time.

That is awesome.

And crazy! I'd probably drink...alot.
  • EriEspresso
    Options
    I am currently employed as a restaurant hostess (hardly a way to avoid temptations, I know).
    Otherwise I work as an artist by trade; offering affordable commissions and personalized pieces.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have some of the best threads...

maybe I can quit the whole psychologist and counselor jobs and just make threads for a living.....=P
  • mariabowskill7
    Options
    Image editor for large uk fashion company's online store
  • tomwatso
    tomwatso Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    IT field and music.
  • RockinTerri
    RockinTerri Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well we know in terms profession, job and employment are three different things, however, what is it that you do that pays the bills?

Could be a good way to know each other and get advice or help in that general area.

I am a counselor and a psychologist (two different jobs).

I work in Accounting, as a Billing Coordinator, for a municipal water and wastewater utility. My main tasks are processing 10,000-14,000 bills per month, as well as updating customer accounts (we have 34,000+ customers).
  • shearnerve
    shearnerve Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Producer/Director
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Research in applied mathematics.
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Admin Assistant for DPS and Music.
  • preciousme150
    preciousme150 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm an Accountant, Mother on the verge of retirement, my baby is a high school senior and a part -time Mimi...
  • FerretBuellerr
    FerretBuellerr Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Anthropology undergrad student, co-op placement in the Business field of project management as an Assistant to the Director within the federal government. Come January I'll be unemployed and just a student again, until a new job is found.

Those two things I'm currently doing are so unrelated, I question where I am leading myself on a weekly basis :laugh:
  • eating4me
    eating4me Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I am retired, and enjoying it immensely, now that I've settled in...I had to take a medical retirement, due to my health. I was an RN, and I worked the majority of my career in Hospice, with a specialties in Oncology and Grief Counseling. Even though I love retirement, I miss working with patients and families. It was a very rewarding career emotionally & spiritually. I've been writing a book about my experiences, with the hope of helping others who are living with terminal illnesses.
  • gampsm824
    gampsm824 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Home Health Aid :smile: I love working with senior citizens