One. More. Person...

Replies

• MrsCamp2013
    MrsCamp2013 Posts: 49 Member
    I was talking with a personal trainer at my gym when a young lady walked by whom the PT knew. The PT goes "Ohmygosh I haven't seen you in ages! When are you due?". Okay. This chick DID NOT look pregnant to me. She was skinny but all her fat was in her middle area (belly) but not even close to looking pregnant. Needless to say the PT looked like this :blushing: when the girl adamantly said "no!'. I felt bad for both parties. :ohwell:

Just let it roll off your back. It's just one of those things that happen to the best of us and I'm sure the other person was mortified as well :laugh:

It really is the most awkward situation! Don't people know to just not assume these things? I don't even ask, no matter how pregnant they look, I wait for them to say something
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    I see that you have a wedding picture as your profile picture. Have you recently gotten married? This is more than likely why people are asking. They are expecting it and if they even remotely see a tiny belly that is what they will assume.

Ya I got married in June. The funny thing is though, two were complete strangers!

Interesting. Maybe it's they type of clothes you are wearing? Do you wear a lot of shirts/dresses with empire waists? It's commonly a cut for Maternity wear, but can cross over into plus size, etc.

Hmm, that's quite possible. I do wear a few, just because they are comfy to me!

Yup...that's what it is. A tummy disguised under an empire waist very much looks like pregnancy. So...married in June...when are you going to have some babies?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    you can also park closer at the mall. take advantage before it becomes super obvious you are not.

now I'm pissed I have thunder thighs instead of a pregnancy belly :angry:
  • I see that you have a wedding picture as your profile picture. Have you recently gotten married? This is more than likely why people are asking. They are expecting it and if they even remotely see a tiny belly that is what they will assume.

Ya I got married in June. The funny thing is though, two were complete strangers!

What day? I got married in June too!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    It really is the most awkward situation! Don't people know to just not assume these things? I don't even ask, no matter how pregnant they look, I wait for them to say something

exactly!
  • MrsCamp2013
    I see that you have a wedding picture as your profile picture. Have you recently gotten married? This is more than likely why people are asking. They are expecting it and if they even remotely see a tiny belly that is what they will assume.

Interesting. Maybe it's they type of clothes you are wearing? Do you wear a lot of shirts/dresses with empire waists? It's commonly a cut for Maternity wear, but can cross over into plus size, etc.

Hmm, that's quite possible. I do wear a few, just because they are comfy to me!

Yup...that's what it is. A tummy disguised under an empire waist very much looks like pregnancy. So...married in June...when are you going to have some babies?

Hehe Hoooopefully in about a year- year and a half timeframe. So probably just as I'm flattening out my tummy. :laugh:
  • MrsCamp2013
    you can also park closer at the mall. take advantage before it becomes super obvious you are not.

now I'm pissed I have thunder thighs instead of a pregnancy belly :angry:

I have both, no worries! :flowerforyou:
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    I usually go with it's a food baby and I'm expecting to give birth in the toilet tomorrow... shuts em right up!
  • Way back when I got the "when are you due?" question I really really, really wanted to say "no, I have a tumor" but I thought the Karma would come back to me :wink: , so I just told them the truth, "About 6 weeks ago".
  • MrsCamp2013

What day? I got married in June too!

Oh nice! the 8th, you?
  • MrsCamp2013
    I usually go with it's a food baby and I'm expecting to give birth in the toilet tomorrow... shuts em right up!

I only wish I was that funny and witty!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member

This. I got married in May, and I can't tell you how many people have asked if I'm pregnant. I think they see young + ring on a finger and think, "BABY." Or maybe it's marriage glow~*~*

Plus, yeah, ditch the empire tops. I wore one of those empire waist short dresses once. I was borderline-underweight. Some old woman INSISTED I was pregnant; almost fought with me. "No, you're joking!" she said.

I get they're comfy, I get they "hide" trouble areas... but never. again.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    I have a very strict rule that unless 1) I see actual protruding baby parts or 2) the woman says to me something very certain such as "I am pregnant", I will *not* even consider the remote possibility that she might be pregnant.

Unfortunately, this rule was borne of violating this rule...several times. :embarassed:
  • MrsCamp2013

This. I got married in May, and I can't tell you how many people have asked if I'm pregnant. I think they see young + ring on a finger and think, "BABY." Or maybe it's marriage glow~*~*

Plus, yeah, ditch the empire tops. I wore one of those empire waist short dresses once. I was borderline-underweight. Some old woman INSISTED I was pregnant; almost fought with me. "No, you're joking!" she said.

I get they're comfy, I get they "hide" trouble areas... but never. again.

WHy is that? Why don't they just believe you when you say you aren't? Don't ask me if I'm sure, don't ask me how I know I'm not!

LOL.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    I have a very strict rule that unless 1) I see actual protruding baby parts or 2) the woman says to me something very certain such as "I am pregnant", I will *not* even consider the remote possibility that she might be pregnant.

Unfortunately, this rule was borne of violating this rule...several times. :embarassed:

I had you pegged for a ONE MISTAKE kind of guy. u sure you did it more than once?
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Stop talking to strangers!
  • MrsCamp2013

:frown: :frown:
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    i always get in trouble for not congratulating pregnant people. but i kind of feel like they are a bit beggy for attention anyway, ya know? walking around all smug cause they, you know, and want everyone else to know.

/humor font
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member

:frown: :frown:

oh dang - true story.

/thread
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    You sure you're not pregnant?

Haha, I was wondering how long that would take :laugh:

Seriously though, what if you just don't know it yet? :wink: