How common is your NAME

Options

Replies

• MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Obviously not common enough because I didn't have to put a number next to it.
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I've never - as yet - met another Clark
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    My first name, not Lucy, was in the top 10 when I was born.
    My maiden name was a last name shared with a popular TV couple. So I always got, " You mean like..." Yes, I'm related to fictional characters. :noway:
    My married name was Americanized when my husbands grandmother came to America. Its a common name with an uncommon spelling.
  • mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    My name is so uncommon that if you google me, I'm the only person who comes up.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My first name is mostly used as a middle name - Lynn. Don't hear it very much as a first name. And with all the different spellings, I haven't met anyone else who spells it without an "e" at the end with the 2 "n"s. Usually see it Lyn or Lynne.
    I work with a Lynn , same spelling as you, you need to come to North London :)

I share my first name with the Queen here, so pretty common really.
    My surname's before and after marriage are both foreign and hard to pronounce and spell so a bit harder to find. Altho I share my full name with a few in the US, I think in the UK it may still be just me.
  • naad19
    naad19 Posts: 4
    Options
    My MFP name is rare since it's really all of my kid's first initial.
    My real name is common but the spelling is different and in my 36 years never met someone with the same spelling.
  • jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    MY first name was the most popular girl name in the year I was born and has remained in the top 20 most of ym life. However if you have my last name you are either related to me (somehow) or your a fictional family from a childrens series
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Mine is #59 in the US. Thanks Mom. My sister is worse lol. She's Jennifer and there are 1,424,755 girls named Jennifer in the US.

I have only encountered 2 people with my daughter's name. :)
  • Mahihkan
    Mahihkan Posts: 162
    Options
    My first name is mostly used as a middle name - Lynn. Don't hear it very much as a first name. And with all the different spellings, I haven't met anyone else who spells it without an "e" at the end with the 2 "n"s. Usually see it Lyn or Lynne.

See.. in my lil corner of Canada (QC), Lynn, or Line or Lyne is very common FIRST name! ;)
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    First = uncommon = Rose

Last = major uncommon I am the only one list in the phone book. There are only a total of 3 in my state! oops 4 with my Grandson! :)

My name is Rose too!
  • 820Resa
    820Resa Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Name I go by, Resa, is apparently VERY uncommon and most people look at me funny when I introduce myself.

Last name is moderately common, but I'm ok with it because I can trace my dad's family back to signing the constitution and then a general in the Civil War. :)
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    My name is only uncommon for a person of my age. Get down to 20 somethings and teenagers -- and younger -- and it's pretty d*** popular.
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My first name, Lucy, isn't all that common anymore. It's not precisely uncommon, but it's just really old. My middle name is even older. I was named after my grandmothers.

My last name is far more common as a first name than a last name.

I hate my MFP name and one day I'll get around to changing it.
  • Luckysusan
    Luckysusan Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    5 miles

exercise.png
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    There's only 45 people in USA that share my name. They are all male! (I'm not!)

Never seen another Guinivere on here tho....
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I have no idea.....
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen anyone with my frickin awesome MFP name or my real life name
  • anro86
    anro86 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    My real life name is far too common, I believe that there were like 4 girls in my grade with the same name... My screen name, not so much... random letters and numbers aren't super trendy screen names.
  • Derpes
    Derpes Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I'm John. Nuff said