Is it okay for men to wear compression shorts alone?

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    I've actually often wondered why more guys don't wear compression shorts while working out. I feel like baggy clothes I see most dudes would get in the way.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    3ob356.jpg
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    There is a guy at my gym that works out in compression shorts. More power to him. Although, I don't ask him for spots when benching.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    No no no no and no.

We go to the gym to work out, not to flaunt our junk.

Women (and other men, for that matter) need not see your junk.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    It's the best part of a man so hell yes.
  • LayLen
    LayLen Posts: 20
    Seriously, the reply's are absolutely hilarious! Absolutely love it. You are all a fun crowd to get input from. In case anyone is wondering, I just purchased three more pairs from ****ssportinggoods.com. Watch out ladies, the black mamba is going NOWHERE! Muahahahaha :drinker:
  • candiceh3
    It's the best part of a man so hell yes.

So go to a strip club.

It doesn't belong in a gym.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    If it's not against the gym's dress code, then wear it. If other people at the gym don't like it then they can either find another gym with a stricter dress code or not look.

As for asking a man in compression shorts for a spot when benching.... I'd be tempted to but probably should be concentrating 100% on the actual lift....................
  • LayLen
    LayLen Posts: 20
    Damn I get so inspired by the positive energy! Love it, will be thinking of you all next Monday morning :wink:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    I do wear them when I workout but I'd never wear them alone. I'd be too embarassed and self-conscious to be able to properly concentrate on my workout. However if that is what you want to do and it's not breaking any sort of dress code rules at your gym, go for it!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Flaunt the junk!!
  • koing
    koing Posts: 179 Member
    I don't care what people think when I'm working out.

Most men don't wear them as they have pathetic legs and would be embarrassed to be seen anything that is tight to their legs.

I'm going to wear my full length lycra as it's f0cking cold in England.

Koing
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    I find it interesting that a lot of the replies are negative. But if a woman starts a topic like "am I too fat to wear a bikini", it's like a cheering section.

"You go girl."
    "If you're confident, flaunt it."
    "Wear what you'r comfortable with."

But as soon as a guy says, "I don't think you should". Well, all hell breaks loose. "You're body shaming", blah blah blah.

To the OP, if you're comfortable in it - go for it. Screw what the negative chickies on this forum think. They probably have their own esteem issues or jealous they don't have the confidence to pull it off themselves.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Maybe if I was 29, single, and had your build, yes. 47, married, and my shape, Hell No!
  • candiceh3
    I find it interesting that a lot of the replies are negative. But if a woman starts a topic like "am I too fat to wear a bikini", it's like a cheering section.

"You go girl."

But as soon as a guy says, "I don't think you should". Well, all hell breaks loose. "You're body shaming", blah blah blah.

To the OP, if you're comfortable in it - go for it. Screw what the negative chickies on this forum think. They probably have their own esteem issues or jealous they don't have the confidence to pull it off themselves.

I'm against women flaunting their junk too.
  • RunBrew
    RunBrew Posts: 220 Member
    Personally, I'd hesitate to wear them at the gym outside of a cycling class. I'd toss some tennis/soccer shorts on over them when away from the bikes. People can be really unfairly judgmental.

Out of doors, however, I'd have no hesitation. Maybe its due to living in Colorado where runners and cyclists are a common sight walking around in lycra. Odd that I'd feel more comfortable in just running tights at Safeway or Starbucks than Planet Fitness.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Someone really needs some attention.
  • I think it is ok under certain situations but either way it is very seldom men or women wear anything that shows alot in a gym , hell most are too damn chicken to shower there which to me is just disgusting that someone would rather smell like **** all day after a workout before they hit there 9-5 job then just quit being a ***** and take a shower who cares if someone can see it. This goes for men and women. I feel for cycling those shorts even in public are acceptable I cycle but I mountain bike so I wear different shorts but road cycling those are perfect for it.
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member

"You go girl."

You are creating a false equivalency with your contention here.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Watch out ladies, the black mamba is going NOWHERE! Muahahahaha :drinker:

Ha ha ha ha ha. This line alone earns you the right to wear compression shorts in public.