Ladies, you don't have to eat 1,200 cal's to lose weight!

Options
13»

Replies

• FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Love it! I love your hair BOTH ways also!!! Love how you changed the color and it still looks great on you!!! Not everyone can pull that off! Great job on your loss...and I agree... eating more DOES mean you can still lose weight. I try to eat over 1,400 daily.

Congrats!!!! You look amazing!!! :flowerforyou:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    What's NRLFLOW

It's a book. New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. :))) It's full of awesomeness. ;)
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Love it! I love your hair BOTH ways also!!! Love how you changed the color and it still looks great on you!!! Not everyone can pull that off! Great job on your loss...and I agree... eating more DOES mean you can still lose weight. I try to eat over 1,400 daily.

Congrats!!!! You look amazing!!! :flowerforyou:

Thank you! And thank everyone for your comments! :D Also, to clarify, (everyone in general here) if you are comfortable eating 1,200, more power to you. I like to eat, so I workout and buildmuscle. The muscle raises metabolism, which allows me to eat more, and the exercise allows me to eat back some of those, or all of those exercise calories, if I chose to do so. If you don't want to exercise, and have no desire to eat more than 1,200, then so be it. ;) Peace! :flowerforyou: :heart:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Why do people like putting words in my mouth??? And why do people get so defensive when I tell them that they can eat??? I would think they'd be happy! Maybe they need to eat a donut.

:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    4kc5kpi.gif
  • fitandgeeky
    fitandgeeky Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I love stories like this and you look awesome. Congrats on your success!
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Well done! You look fantastic!

I think you're messages was clear. Women do not HAVE TO eat 1200 for success. A woman can eat 1200 and still be healthy and safe, as long as she is not over-training, but the point is you don't have to.

Everyone's metabolism isn't that different. And I have a legitimate metabolic disorder, but it still isn't THAT different, as long as I take my meds to balance my hormones, I work like everyone else. Eat at least your BMR and Caloric deficit = weight loss

soap-box.jpg

As to the other ladies claiming low cal is the only way and they cannot eat to fuel their activity level without gaining:

If a woman doesn't function metabolically like everyone else, such as she's gaining weight if she dares to eat her BMR based on her activity level (i.e., if I eat over 1200, 1300, or 1400 I gain!), she needs to go to the doctor to see what's going on with her hormones instead of assuming she found the philosopher's stone by eating less than1200 or less than whatever her BMR is.

PCOS affects 10% of the female population (as young as 11) and that's only based on data from the women who actually go to the doctor. More than 50% of women with PCOS will have diabetes or pre-diabetes before the age of 40 (due to untreated/unmanaged hyperinsulinemia and insulin resistance issues). It's no joke. If you don't 'work right' metabolically go to the freaking doctor. This is a common affliction for women and can absolutely stall or undermine weight loss efforts and damage long-term health.

http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.html
  • Tandi_S
    Tandi_S Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    What's NRLFLOW

It's a book. New Rules of Weightlifting for Women. :))) It's full of awesomeness. ;)

Quoted for truth. Great book, not just for the routines, actually a good read too.

Congrats on your success!! :drinker:
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Looking good!

I also prefer going the route of exercise and taking in about 1700/day on average, just works easier for me. Great job!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Why do people like putting words in my mouth??? And why do people get so defensive when I tell them that they can eat??? I would think they'd be happy! Maybe they need to eat a donut.

:laugh: :laugh: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

lmao. The topic says "Don't Have To"...which I'm pretty sure means you don't have to....not don't ever do this. :laugh: Either reading comprehension error or a case of super sensitivity.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Wow....on the second to the last picture you look like HALF of your former self.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Another person who thinks correctly because something works for them it works for everyone.

FIFY
  • Dawn_Snowden
    Dawn_Snowden Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation.
    I totally agree - I eat about 1400-1600. I'm 5'6" and weigh 122. I work out 25 minutes a day 5x week (using T25). I've lost 14 pounds on T25.

It's not the number, it's the type of food you eat that matters. 1400 empty calories are not the same as 1400 calories of lean protein, veggies, good carbs, and healthy fats. Some days I have a hard time shoving 1400 calories into my mouth. I'm just FULL.
  • NRSPAM
    Options
    Wow....on the second to the last picture you look like HALF of your former self.

Thank you! Yes, I am! Unfortunately, I don't have any pics to show me at my heaviest. I do have an old ID card from when I was in nursing school, that shows how huge my face was. It doesn't even look like me, and when I first saw it, I remember thinking, "I don't really look that big, do I?" But I did, and I was 260lb's. Nursing school sucks!!! Lol.
  • brianafaye2
    brianafaye2 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I seen this. You look great! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!