Least favourite exercise.

Options

Replies

• rsalty
    rsalty Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Indoor cardio. I'll put up with it (and the boring ceilings) for swimming, since water gets *cold* in winter, but if it's on foot or wheels... Not Inside. Indoors is for gymnastics, iron, and mat work.

Yoga comes in for a pretty close second on the "Times to say No" list, but "greet the sun" in the park at sunrise is still better than indoor cardio.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't do exercises I don't like ;)

Yep, pretty much.

For me, jogging. I hate anything to do with running, and do not run. But I do intervals of jogging quite often and I try to like it...but still dislike it.

It blows my mind when women heavier than I am (218 lb) are runners. More power to them, but I can't even imagine!!!!! And for the record I'm fairly decent shape really, no medical probs, good endurance with bicycling, swimming, working long hours physically & walking long distances etc. Just not a runner!!!
  • Code7526
    Options
    If you mentally hate one type of exercise, then it's not good for your well being and you shouldn't do it.

Only exercise if you want to exercise and choose exercises you enjoy doing.
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Anything boring and/or repetitive. Can't stand cardio machines and I have almost no patience for weight training. I love fitness that feels like playing. If it is outdoors, even better.

I'm the crazy lady running or cycling in the rain.
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    If you mentally hate one type of exercise, then it's not good for your well being and you shouldn't do it.

Only exercise if you want to exercise and choose exercises you enjoy doing.

Maybe 'hate' was a bit of a strong word...

I CAN and most of the time, do put up with lunges because I know I can do it and it'll be over at some point. I do Bodypump and the lunge track specifically burns a heap of calories so I suck it up and go with it. It sounds silly but I get ridiculously happy at the end knowing that I managed to finish the routine :bigsmile:

I agree with what you say when it comes to cardio though. Lunges at most take up 4 to 5 minutes (in Bodypump anyway) but I can't imagine using the "it will be over soon" line in my head when it comes to running/jogging/cycling/elliptical.
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Running...
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Lunges and more recently dumbbell step-ups. Ugh, I know both are so damn good but I dislike them so damn much!
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Leg days for sure.
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Any unilateral leg stuff like lunges, Bulgarian split squats, db step ups. Therefore, I don't do any of them. Ever.
  • AestheticStar
    AestheticStar Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Burpees.
    &
    Jumping Lunges.

I have my days where I love doing them, & days where I despise them.
  • Azarashi1
    Options
    burpees!!!!!!!!!
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Breathing so repeatative
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Burpees.
    &
    Jumping Lunges.

I have my days where I love doing them, & days where I despise them.

These, except I never had days where I love them, ever, not even once.
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Burpees! :sad:
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Push ups are pretty hated aren't they! I definitely agree, they're on of my most despised exercises. I pretty much enjoy almost all of the other strength exercises using weights, but it's body weight exercises i'm not a big fan of.
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Push ups and lunges they target a whole load of weak muscles and never fail to be painful but I try anyway, still cannot do a full military push up though :grumble:
  • _CrepeSuzette_
    _CrepeSuzette_ Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Jumping lunges, plie squat (sumo squat)+ triceps extension, reverse flyes and mountain climbers :sad:
  • missbrendalynn
    missbrendalynn Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Alot of votes of push ups, lunges, burpees and all kinds of cardio. Haha.

I don't even wanna how the hell are jump lunges done and I pray to god my PT never makes me do this :explode:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Curtsy lunges with weights - I can do them physically, but they aggravate my lower back.

Spinning - That was the longest hour of my life, although the music was really good. I burned a lot of calories, but I'd rather bike ride outdoors.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    rest. i'd rather do anything but rest. :mad: