Lose 5 pounds a month OCTOBER 2010 CHALLENGE

Options

Replies

• SlimNana48
    Options
    Ok all I joined this challenge at the beginning of the month and so far I have lost 4 pounds last week and this week I’ve gain 2 of them back. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. From my log ins I thought I was doing well. They show that I really haven’t gone over my daily intake a lot and with the exercising I am burning the fat so WHAT’s WRONG! I Need HELP with this.

I will be on vacation in 10 days on a cruise & I’m not sure what I’ll weigh when I get back if I don’t work this out before I go. What should I be eating & when? HELP!!!!!!!
  • glyndam
    glyndam Posts: 18
    Options
    October 1st - 205.9
    October 14th - 198 Lost 7.9 lbs

I met my goal for October. So I am going to try for another 5 lbs. :heart:
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Went shopping today...needed some winter clothes BAD!!! Found some size 10 jeans...that's right size 10 (before I started this whole thing, my 18's were tight with muffin overflow, HA!!)...anywho......walked my feet off, they are a bit tired, cement floors in the malls do nothing for your feet....Hope you all are doing ok with the challange.....talk to you all later.....:flowerforyou:
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I'm down just 1 pound this month so far. I really need to commit to some sort of workout schedule.

timbotina... That's really inspirational! I'm a size 18 right now. :drinker: (24 when I started) I'd be happy to get to a 16 or a 14 right now. I've got a few 16 pants that I really want to wear!!
  • debbiepringle
    debbiepringle Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I'm in.

Week 1 - October 1 - 219
    Week 2 - October 8 - 214.5
    Week 3 - October 15 -
    Week 4 - October 22 -
    Week 5 - October 29 -
  • kizzy_muss
    kizzy_muss Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    today was the scheduled off day of the 30 day slim down program and i missed the first 3 days as usual for this week...so i got monday and tuesday caught up...wednesday ill get caught up on another day because theres 2 scheduled workouts tomorrow PLUS i work in the afternoon AND need to go to grocery store
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Morning all, off to work....hope you all have a GLORIOUS day, TGIF!!!!
  • mrsoverload
    Options
    1st October 185lbs - lets get cracking and good luck

8th October 184LBS - i'm cracking - let's continue

15th October 182LBS

CONGRATZ to everyone seeing movement either on the scale or fit level.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    :sad: stupid tom!!!!!! Up 1.5 pounds really!!! I am going to ignore this weigh in!
  • ammayse
    ammayse Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am throwing my scale out the dang window!

Oct. 1st- 140lbs.
    Oct. 8th- 140.4lbs.
    Oct. 15th-141.2 lbs.

I am going to act like this weigh in didn't exist. Otherwise, I know I will get down, and in turn I will want to eat junk! Just frustrated cause I do so well during the day, then the night comes n I feel like I black out and eat anything that comes in my sight. I need to get off my lazy butt and get back to the YMCA. The plan of working out at home is not working.
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    Oct 1: 135.8
    Oct 8: 135.8
    Oct 15: 135.4

.4 isn't great, but I'll take it.
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Oct 1st 203.6
    Oct 8th 2 201.4
    Oct 15th 200.8
    Oct 22nd
    Oct 29th
    Oct 31st

2.8lb loss so far. Have a great weekend all, it's officially my anniversary weekend, I just hope the only news we get about Grandpa is good news. :heart: Bru
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    no loss this week. still 148. arrrrggghhh.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    GRRRRR. Only 1.4 lost this month!!! I'm not going to get discouraged though cause I know I'm doing everything right (calories and exercise) so the scales will start moving...whenever. I just did W3/D1 of C25K last night and kicked tail, started 30 Day Shred this week and keeping up my normal workouts so I feel physically great!

Keep up the good work everyone and happy Friday!
  • jillerymaker
    Options
    206.8 today! Down 1.2...3.8 to go in the 2nd half!! I started adding exercise (a little bit cuz it hurts!) to my day, so hopefully that will speed things along for me!!
  • jesse14472
    Options
    1/2 way check in.....

8/1 190
    8/15 189

I'm okay with only one pound. Actually gained and lost 2-3 pounds in this time. Holding steady here right now and hopefully dropping more!
  • barty
    barty Posts: 729
    Options
    Hello All, my challenge is to stay at 119 pounds (or as close as possible) for all of October....... I reached goal weight of 119 pounds the middle of August and i am struggling to stay there!!!!! Not a very good week for me at all :sad: I have been bad very bad the last couple of days but will try harder again the coming week!!!

9/3/10..........119.....pounds
    9/10/10........119.5 pounds
    9/17/10........120.5 pounds
    9/24/10........119...YEHHHHH
    10/1/10.........121...pounds
    10/7/10.........118...pounds
    10/15/10.......121..pounds

Good Luck to you all .
  • clange
    clange Posts: 5
    Options
    Count me in!

10/1/10: 230
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Keep at it everyone! I had a great workout today, which allowed me some extra calories at dinner, which was really nice.
    I am throwing my scale out the dang window!
    Hang in there, ammayse... I'm back to where I started at the beginning of this month. We'll do better tomorrow. I want to join a gym too. Classes and memberships are more inspiring that solitary DVDs and lone walks, I sometimes feel.
  • kalmf
    kalmf Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    No weight loss this week, but some really good wins: I did log in every day, I did workout three times (which is 3 more than the last month), I did record everything I ate and I did weigh myself every morning. (I know there are different opinions about this and it doesn't work for everyone, but it does for me and Dr. Oz recommends it.)

So I met my goal of staying conscious.

Group hug to everyone - we are trying to change some very entrenched patterns and it does get frustrating. We are all so kind and supportive to everyone else on this thread and sometimes very unkind to ourselves.

Brunette Wife, my thoughts are with your family.