Shockingly bad foods

Options

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Double cream, well that's just absurd even if you have almost none at all. Cereal - it's branded as 'healthy' - well I was fooled for years. Carrot cake - it's based on a VEGETABLE for goodness' sake!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Virtually everything yummy at starbucks has a wack of sugar and hundreds and hundreds of liquid calories.

But the proteins!! Venti skinny mocha latte is like 180 calories for 18g of proteins. .. yes plz!! :D
    and 19 grams of sugar. But yes, of everything on the menu, that's probably the best one. All the frozen ones are stunning.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Cashews. 320 calories in 1/4 cup. :cry:

In the words of Alan Davies (comedian) "How is that (holding up a cashew) fattening? Honestly, you could eat that, pick your nose, and you'd weight less."
  • littleburgy
    littleburgy Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    One thing I miss about living in the U.S. is REALLY GOOD mexican food. I can't even begin to imagine how many calories I racked up on a night out at my favorite local restaurant (not a chain). Guacamole, chips, nachos, cheese burritos, combo platters, chicken en mole, sour cream, margaritas... all sooooo good but still, I can't even begin to imagine.

"quick add calories: I don't know LOL"
  • QuincyChick
    QuincyChick Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    theres no such thing as bad food, just people who eat badly.

:love:

This.
  • Shooter219
    Shooter219 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My dear and beloved Doners!!!!! I had myself convinced that hey, it's just a tortilla filled with roasted meat and veggies!!! Heck, one thing in the MFP database said one was about 600 cals. I figured that was totally worth it, they are huge! Yeah, after looking around the google world, there is no hard and fast set calories, but they can range anywhere from 1000 to OVER 2000!!! Yeah, and eating just part of one, isn't an option to me ;). Soooo, they went from a once weekly splurge, to a once a month splurge!!!
  • Shooter219
    Options
    One thing I miss about living in the U.S. is REALLY GOOD mexican food. I can't even begin to imagine how many calories I racked up on a night out at my favorite local restaurant (not a chain). Guacamole, chips, nachos, cheese burritos, combo platters, chicken en mole, sour cream, margaritas... all sooooo good but still, I can't even begin to imagine.

"quick add calories: I don't know LOL"

OMG yes!!!! I miss great Mexican food soooooooo much!!! Though it is probably a great thing for this weight loss that Germnay doesn't have any that meet my standards! At least where I am!!
  • Shooter219
    Options
    Oh and also my favorite humongous Bill and Ruth's chicken salad. Soooooooooo many calories!!!!!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake. Of course, as a sugary dessert I expect it to be high calorie, but a restaurant serving has more calories than I usually eat in a whole meal. Cheesecake Factory has some where a serving is close to 2000 calories.

I just got a small store bought cheesecake (6") and the serving size is 1/4 of the cake for a whopping 410 calories. I eat 1/2 of a serving (56g) for the 210 calories and the small dessert plate I use looks so empty...
  • danarandallreed
    danarandallreed Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Red velvet cheesecake. Yes, I knew it would be high, but a small slice for 900 calories is crazy.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    There is nothing bad about Uno's pizza. Ever.
  • woolnimals
    woolnimals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wait...are peanut butter and bacon sandwiches bad?

Haha, J/K.

Granola really shocked me. I like having some granola in a yogurt for breakfast, but at 260 calories per 1/2 cup, I try to only have it once or twice a week.

Also - seafood salad that you get at the grocery store deli has a sick amount of calories. I was stunned when I looked that up....
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I don't consider any food bad but I was surprised at the Jalapeno firecracker poppers at On the Border. Just one was 350 calories and I thought I was doing well by only eating two. Oh well, lesson learned. Research before mastication.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    shockingly bad foods:

- asparagus
    - black licorice
    - brussels sprouts
    - cauliflower

they should all be sent to reform school.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I don't consider any food bad but I was surprised at the Jalapeno firecracker poppers at On the Border. Just one was 350 calories and I thought I was doing well by only eating two. Oh well, lesson learned. Research before mastication.
    Seriously? How many comes in an order?
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options

I just got a small store bought cheesecake (6") and the serving size is 1/4 of the cake for a whopping 410 calories. I eat 1/2 of a serving (56g) for the 210 calories and the small dessert plate I use looks so empty...

410 calories for a piece of cheesecake seems entirely reasonable. If I want a full sized dessert, I have it instead of a meal. It happens two or three times a year. No one is making me clean my plate before I can have something sweet.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    theres no such thing as bad food, just people who eat badly.

Well.....wait........you're right.

:drinker:

(there isnt a smiley eating a bacon sandwich sadly!)

This.

Last night I had 100 g of Brazilian Nuts. 560 odd calories. Not a bad food, just a bad amount for me for the day. I love my nuts.

Now Vegemite. That's a bad food.
  • samammay
    samammay Posts: 468
    Options
    I had the shrimp tacos at Chilis. Figured, its shrimp and lettuce... not much to it. Yeah... more like 1300 calories to it. I would have been better off getting the steak fajitas!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    Kale...if it was really that healthy it would taste better
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    Seriously? How many comes in an order?

Six. 1950 calories for all of them.

To be fair, they were awesomely delicious.