What do you eat for breakfast?

Replies

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    2 eggs, canadian bacon, toast or bagel, fresh fruit, usually strawberries. about 1/3 of total calories for the day.
  • I love breakfast but I'm not a fan of any sweet breakfast foods.

I make tofu scramble a lot (tofu, kale or spinach, a little nutritional yeast and whatever other veggies I have on hand).

My quick go to breakfast is toast with avocado spread on it with a tiny bit of salt.
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    My fave go to :
    2 slices of multigrain toast
    A bit of olive oil spread
    1 avocado spread over the toast
    Half a tomato

OR

2 egg omelette with mushrooms, onions, tomato, bacon and spinach

OR

2 slices of multigrain toast
    Smooth peanut butter(no added sugar!)

On the weekend I love making almond banana pancakes with a bit of organic maple syrup. :)
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    I don't actually eat real breakfast stuff, so I'm thinking of switching to oatmeal. I read that instant is bad, but old fashioned takes a long time to cook (30 mins) What do you suggest? What do you like to eat in the morning?

If you soak steel cut oats overnight in water and just cook them in the same water, they won't take so long to cook.
  • If it's a work day, I do one and a half cups of Fiber One Honey Clusters and one cup unsweetened almond milk. If it's not, I do a steel oats concoction with raspberries, chopped dried apricots, dried cranberries, chopped pistachios, stevia and a scrambled egg on the side.
  • annekka
    annekka Posts: 517 Member
    I live in Asia and I grab food on my way to work. Usually breakfast is either a) chocolate soy milk and steamed sorghum flour bun or b) chocolate soy milk and a container of rice vermicelli noodle steamed with egg and soy sprouts and soy sauce. I go for 'a' more often than 'b'. I don't always do chocolate soy milk, it just happens to be what I've been buying lately.

On the weekends, what I happen to be diggin' whether it's oatmeal or pancakes or whatever.
  • nakedbreakfast
    nakedbreakfast Posts: 10 Member
    A combination of the following is my favorite: coffee with soy milk, hot tea, oatmeal made in the microwave with cinnamon and ginger + nuts or nut butter + nondairy milk + maybe some agave nectar and/or topped with granola, fruit or fruit juice
  • jadedhippo
    jadedhippo Posts: 95 Member
    Frozen berries (defrosted in microwave)
    Greek yogurt
    Drizzle of liquid honey
    Muesli

I could eat bowls of this
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    I like egg wraps or Bagel sandwiches!
  • oatmeal w/ water or milk , peanut butter on top and raspberries or banana sliced up and cinnamon or honey on top
  • tsikkz
    tsikkz Posts: 404 Member
    Whole wheat toast and vegemite

or a protein shake with half a frozen banana

this morning I tried a cliff bar for breakfast it was really good
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Looks like a lot of oatmeal fans. But it seems for the good stuff, it takes a while to cook. Is cooking when you have time and microwaving/re-heating for breakfast fine / do-able?
    Looks like a lot of oatmeal fans. But it seems for the good stuff, it takes a while to cook. Is cooking when you have time and microwaving/re-heating for breakfast fine / do-able?

Absolutely. But, too, if you start the cooking right when you get up (especially if everything is already measured out the night before), they do their thing while you get ready.

Also, try Googling recipes for "Refrigerator Oatmeal" - which, of course, you can also heat to eat if you choose. It's surprisingly good cold, though.

Another option is just to nuke them in the first place, but you'd want to use a big bowl and babysit them a bit - they like to grow!

My personal favorite is definitely the steel-cut (also called Scottish) oats. I usually have the 5-minute kind on hand though, too.

My normal breakfast is usually an egg-white and veggie omelet (on stay-home days) or a homemade breakfast sandwich on one of the those 90-100 calorie sandwich "thins," which I just take with me for when I get hungry.

I hope you find some things you like! By the way, nothing wrong with eating 'not really breakfast stuff' for breakfast. :)
  • I drink coffee every morning. This is a healthy coffee that helps you lose weight. This coffee has a healthy ingredient called Ganoderma. Since most of us drink coffee every morning, why not drink the healthy coffee!

To learn more about it, go here: www.goodstuffog.wordpress.com/health-benefits/
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    toast with peanut butter... eggs with tortilla in it... protein pancakes made out of 1/2 banana, 1 scoop protein powder, and 3 T light egg white and a splash of water.. mixed, and cooked like a pancake

sometimes egg whites in a tortilla with a slice of white American cheese...
    never ever eat oatmeal....
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Soak the oats in boiled water overnight and they are cooked, just add warm or cold milk. I add frozen berries and Greek yoghurt. Its high anti-oxidant low GI and cheap.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I eat porridge (oatmeal to Americans). I add a bit if milk and some water and either microwave it for 4.5 minutes or cook it in the hob. It doesn't take half hour! Today I had a banana with it. I use 'old fashioned' oats, I.e in a big bag where I have to weigh out a portion. It's not hard!

Sometimes I have poached or scrambled egg or an omelette.

We don't usually buy cereal, but occasionally we get muesli, or cornflakes.
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    I like to sleep in late when I can. As late as 1:00-2:00pm some days when I have nothing else going on. Even when I am up early, I don't like to eat too much before noon. So, instead of eating a big meal, I make a protein shake out of two scoops chocolate protein powder, skim milk, and PB2.
  • If I'm awake early enough.. Eggs with toast or oatmeal.. mostly oatmeal because its quick and fast.

Really depends on if my kids want cereal or eggs.
  • massromanticfool
    massromanticfool Posts: 34 Member
    Whole wheat cereal with skim milk or nonfat Greek yogurt with granola are my go-tos. I occasionally splurge with a slice of pie or some eggs and hash browns, but those are rare.
  • JudibugDesigns
    JudibugDesigns Posts: 38 Member
    Honey Nut Cheerios 1.5 servings
    Silk True Almond milk unsweetened .75 cup
    188 calories