Male 30 Trying to Lose weight from 264LB to 180LB need help?

Options
13»

Replies

• IproDev
    IproDev Posts: 19
    Options
    what in the "starting strength" I mean how it's done I am a noob. also can you give me the book name one more time
  • 0OneTwo3
    0OneTwo3 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    what in the "starting strength" I mean how it's done I am a noob. also can you give me the book name one more time

http://www.amazon.com/Starting-Strength-Barbell-Training-Edition/dp/0976805421/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1376544276&sr=8-2&keywords=starting+strength

the books name IS "starting strength". get it, read it, learn how to lift. there is a beginners training-plan in there too.
  • IproDev
    Options
    OK 2186 Calories a day

P - 40%
    C - 40%
    F - 20%

How do I convert this in to grams in each meal and how many meals a day do I need.
  • PlayboyMickey81
    Options
    I'm a Trauma Nurse now, but when I used to work in med surg and helped people with their diet....... I know that you need somekind of meat for your diet in order for you to build muscle and lose those fats. Chicken is a good source of protein and helps you to maintain a healthy lifestyle. You can't just go on with fruits and vegetables alone, especially if you're working out as much as you are. You might lose weight fast but probably won't be able to keep it off and plus you will be malnourished and you don't want that at all because you will be sick and weak and it will be hard for you to get back in shape :) just a friendly advice.
  • IproDev
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I am changing my diet and will have protein in it. Now which part of chicken is lean meat.
  • frankw678
    Options
    Here are some of those greatest bodybuilding diet i have ever tried. You can see it in detail here, http://www.therippedbody.net/. :smile:
  • 2fit2quitsteve
    2fit2quitsteve Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 years old, i am currently 247 lb and trying to 180 Lb. I love to riding bicycle it burns calories very fast, by the same token your body is programmable so it knows. I say try to run or walk whatever, but don't consume over 1300 calories per day. Change your workout routine, 30min to 1 hour of Cardio and Focus on strength training one muscle group at a time. I've been eating salad with no dressing, tofu or vegetable soup, grill fish. Check nutrition fact first, so you can plan out your food for each day. Don't forget to weight your food as well. Lastly, you might want to consult a trainer with background in nutrition. Feel free to add me in as MFP friend. We can keep each other motivated.

PS. If you can afford it, get a fitbit fitness tracker, it helps. I wear mine 24 hours a day. - Steve
  • Dozer561
    Dozer561 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i second the fitbit, love mine. i have the fitbit one

you dont have to kill yourself with cardio, that sounds miserable. focus more on the weights, do cardio for health, and to be able to eat more if you are hungry, it's not needed to burn fat if your lifting weights and at a calorie deficit through diet alone.

id say keep protein around 200g, keep carbs under 150g and fill the rest with healthy fats. lift weights, do some yoga, light cardio for your heart, or if you just actually enjoy it.

im kinda following the marksdailyapple plan, but i dont follow it to a T.

my daily meals is usually

eggs/bacon or steak or sausage cooked in real butter

protein shake

6-8oz chicken, or 4oz steak with rice or sweet potato and veg switching up sauces and diff flavors

apple and PB/string cheese/almonds/any low carb healthy fat snack

dinner same as lunch