Fantastic work keep it up :)
  • Holly_penguin
    Holly_penguin Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are amazing.
  • buxfan
    buxfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    GOOD GOOGLY MOOGLY!! Just absolutely AMAZING! So happy for you and your new life of unlimited possibilities!! Love the rewards!! You are showing us how its done!! Congrats!
  • stacyjbaker1010
    stacyjbaker1010 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations on all your successes!!
  • favoritenut
    favoritenut Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    so very awesome! you're a true inspiration to us! keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone.
    Great job! What exactly did you do to lose?

Major diet change. I cut out fast food and the majority of the prepackaged frozen foods. (I still enjoy my cheap frozen pizza.) Started eating lots of veggies, lean proteins, and fruit. Started eating breakfast most every day. I start out the day with a protein shake.

Exercise began with walking. At 523 pounds walking hurt. I joined the YMCA and starting swimming every morning at 5:00 am. Joined another gym and started lifting weights as a reward for losing the first 50. Dropped the Y over winter because jumping into a cold pool just wasn't fun when it was cold out. Starting riding the recumbent at the gym for cardio. Bought myself a bike and started riding as a reward for losing 100. Road the bike and lifted. Bought myself some running shoes and a C25k app as a reward for losing 150. Trying to get a handle on running to prep of the Warrior Dash in May with friends. Current goal is to be under 300 by spring of 2014. Planning of whitewater kayak lessons at the US Whitewater Center in Charlotte as a reward for 200 pounds lost.

What a great motivation -- rewards like that after each goal, keeping you pumped for the next thing, and the next. FANTASTIC. And your story is great motivation, too. One day at a time, steady on, and look how far you've come. CONGRATULATIONS. And you look so much healthier AND happier.
  • MaryLaura83
    MaryLaura83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Well deserved congratulations!!!
  • Kyndness
    Kyndness Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    What an amazing transformation! WOW...this is exactly what I needed to read this morning. For those of us with a very long journey ahead, it's easy to get discouraged. You're living proof that each day counts, and those days add up in the long term to very big changes. Thank you for having the courage to put yourself out here like this, for the sake of motivating others. :) You're truly inspiring! Congrats on accomplishing one of the hardest tasks a person could ever have to face.

Oh, and awesome dog you have there! <3 Guys with dogs!

Edited to add: Your feet shrank! How freaking cool! I'm down 73 lbs and have yet to need smaller shoes, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. :)
  • allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    request-five.gif

You are a great success story! I'm glad I started out my day by reading about your success! It makes me want to work harder towards my goals!
    Thank you for motivating me!
    Congratulations on your new lease on life! You deserve it :D
  • Vickiesings
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your amazing results! You should be very proud of yourself!
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I cannot express how much I LOVE that your reward for losing 150 pounds was running sneakers and a C25K app! This is amazing. I love running and only started in the Spring. For mother's day I asked for a FitBit and running gear, so I get it :smile:
  • xaMErica
    xaMErica Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Doing amazing!! =) Logging consistently every day.. you've done amazing!!!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Congratulations on your accomplishments!! Keep it up!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • clhindman
    clhindman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Impressive.....keep up your good work...it's paying off big time!
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Well done you have done so great:smile:
  • Lindaspencer
    Lindaspencer Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    :heart: Love this! Awesome job - thank you for sharing :) have fun white water rafting cuz im confident you will get there :) looking forward to hearing more from your journey :)
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    W-O-W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    No way.

No way!
  • CitizenMichael
    CitizenMichael Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fantastic result and well done for keeping going truly inspirational
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    Love your story! I know you will inspire people that are just started and people like myself...We can still do this just keep going.. You look amazing... Keep up the great work
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!