Truly amazing change Ed. Outstanding!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    You are awesome Ed.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    HOLY SMOKES ED!! This is incredible! I just finished reading your blog (most of it) and looking at all of your pictures. My favorites are the lawn mower pictures. Pretty sneaky wife you have!

I have a couple of questions; How tall are you? Do you wear the leg braces because of your knees?

You look so handsome now!!
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Ok

So How do you determine if you have losse skin or sub fat?

This is a point of confusion for me.

Please advise.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    HOLY SMOKES ED!! This is incredible! I just finished reading your blog (most of it) and looking at all of your pictures. My favorites are the lawn mower pictures. Pretty sneaky wife you have!

I have a couple of questions; How tall are you? Do you wear the leg braces because of your knees?

You look so handsome now!!

I am 6 ft 1 in.... and yes the braces are for my bad knee's.... I have have multiple knee clean outs and have no cartilage or meniscus left in either knee, grade 3 osteoarthritis both knee's and about 2 years ago shredded my ACL in my left knee... There is nothing left to do but knee replacements but I wanted to be completely done with my transformation and am doing everything I can to put it off as long as possible... I get my knee's drained and my ortho dr. has had me on cortisone for years and then synvisc and we just started Euflexxa (on round 2 of 3 on right knee currently). Dr. is ready to do them as soon as I am done being stubborn... lol... Been working with DonJoy brace company since I started transitioning out of the pool (spent 17 months in the pool in the beginning using water displacement to allow me to stand long enough to exercise and lost 170 lbs.) They help with stability but still do little for the bone on bone pain.....
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Ok

So How do you determine if you have losse skin or sub fat?

This is a point of confusion for me.

Please advise.

I still had some subfat but I was at a point where had so much skinfold that no matter how much hygiene I did I could not keep the bacterial infection away and when I got them the would start in the skin folds and within an hour would spread across my belly up my chest and would go up my neck and start working its way done my windpipe and the last couple time this got so severe I was rush to the ER, so once the last bout cleared up we decided it was time to do the body lift.... I have not regretted one second of that decision to have it done... the cinched in my stretch abdominal muscles 6 1/2 inch before sewing me back up. recovery was a little rough but worth it in the end.....
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!

Congratulations on all your hard work.... it is truly an inspiration.
  • Yiazach
    Yiazach Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    What the?You sir are a hero and an inspiration! I wish you all the happiness in life you deserve it!
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Great job on your hard work and dedication. It's a great thing to have that ah-ha moment where it's time to change your life.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Ed is the man
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    You are my hero Ed! Going to keep pushing on!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! Thanks for sharing your success!!!
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    I posted a Reflection on my blog/website and added several pictures b4 and after... 1 year ago I was packing an overnight bag to head to Columbus Ohio to have a Circumferential body lift to remove 17 lbs. of loose skin after losing over 300+ lbs. I also elected at that time to end my 3 year 3 month weight loss and go in to maintenance ahead of surgery. Fast forward 1 year (hard to believe it has been a year) I wanted to post a reflection on my experience of going through the surgery and what i went through after. The best part is after a little adjustment with my diet over the first month and a half after surgery (had alittle weight gain which pretty much cancelled out the weight I lost in the skin removal) I am happy to say I have maintained my weight at 248 lbs. give or take being up or down a couple pounds on any given week. I am putting up some b4 and afters here but would suggest those that want to see the picture of the incision site and whatnot please go to my page.. ( I might add I had contacted MFP and had gotten permission ahead of any of my post redirecting anyone to my site. I am not selling anything from there only being open and honest for those interested in cosmetic surgery and the process).

My site:

www.gettingfit4life.com

May 2009
    Tribulation_zpsb3a43dac.jpg

Summer 2013
    getBusy_zps155c7257.jpg

July 2013
    20130714_133242_zps7ebb4c9a.jpg

you look PHENOMENAL!!!!!
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I just got goosebumps!!!! Amazing.
  • Mickey2u
    Mickey2u Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Great job you are a inspiration
  • ECA67
    ECA67 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have so much respect for you ! You are truly an inspiration !
  • Mary407
    Mary407 Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    This is absolutely amazing! Ed - you are an INSPIRATION!
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Awesome job, Ed. Checking out your site now.
  • luisalg14
    luisalg14 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Inspirational!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wow- that is amazing! Good job
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!