"You're still fat"

Options

Replies

• catkins777
    Options
    Just goes to show, that being beautiful isn't about just our outside appearance. Outside change, is easy compared to trying to change an ugly heart; they have to live with theirs. Keep at it, you are doing awesome!
  • jfreridge
    Options
    You're the one out doing something and they are the ones sitting on their butts in the car. I don't know you, but I'm proud of you! Just know that more people see you and are amazed by you when you are out walking/jogging than people who judge negatively. You're doing something and that is powerful, no matter what your size!
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    a s s h o l e s!!!! I'm not sure why someone would be so cruel, but rest assured when I see someone who is on the heavy side exercising, I smile inside :) Best of luck to you xxx
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I hate that "thin" and/or "fit" folks think they have a right to demoralize and chastize others who aren't thin or fit!!!

I remember a TV show once where there were very obese women featured. They wanted to change, and were making small steps in the right direction; in order to stick to their plan, they started slow and eased into it. One woman in particular I recall - she was probably over 400 lbs or so - she went to a buffet place and made herself a salad. Granted, she had cheese and a ton of dressing on it, but if you had seen what she normally would have eaten there, you would see what a HUGE improvement the salad was!!!

A muscular man walked over to her,bent down and said, "Hey, make sure you leave some for the rest of us!" I was aghast...I mean REALLY??? WTF???

For me, personally, I remember my daughter's 13th birthday. We spent the day at Fisherman's Wharf. I parked a few blocks away in a parking garage, and after walking around all day, we were headed back to the car. There's a wooden "skyway" you have to walk across...there was a family behind me - a 40ish looking man, his lovely wife, and their son - probably about 7 or so. The man whispered under his breath, "Geezus I hope the bridge doesn't break!!!" To which my daughter shot around and gave him a glaring look. I thought wow - here I am WALKING AROUND all friggin' day and you're STILL giving me *kitten*??

I know some people think they can "shame you" into getting in shape, but really...some of these examples are just out of hand!!!!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, this went 12 pages. I don't have time right now to read all of it but I do want to say this:

Consider the source and move on. Their behavior is their behavior to own. You only give it power if you allow it the power. I think as you get older, you'll grow a tougher skin and understand this more fully.

Thank you for posting this. It should give everybody pause to really understand how their words/actions mean the world to people.

There was a priest at Marquette University in Milwaukee who recently died. His motto was "make everyone feel special." It's good to live by.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I hate that "thin" and/or "fit" folks think they have a right to demoralize and chastize others who aren't thin or fit!!!

It goes both ways.
  • Artaxia
    Artaxia Posts: 185
    Options
    Keep doing what you do!!!! Do not let those *****es ruin your day! That's terrible that they would have done that.
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Remember that part of the movie, Billy Madison, where Billy says, "O'Doyle, I've got a feeling your whole family's going down."

Those teenage brats are one banana peel away from karma.

You're out there doing the work and you know what? You rock! Never internalize other people's ugliness. ♥
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I didn't read all of the comments, but I never understand why people are azzholes. I'm so sorry you had to endure this, but don't let it bring you down. Continue kicking *kitten* and get to your goals because you want it and you can!
  • aneneT
    aneneT Posts: 1
    Options
    You're Awesome.
  • kittiesandfarts
    kittiesandfarts Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    *****es be trippin!!! I hope karma deals them what they deserve.
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options

It goes both ways.

You're right; it most certainly does!
  • jillebeans
    Options
    I think you are an inspiration to those of us who may let those types deter us from striving to be better versions of ourselves. I too am very proud of you. I have been fat my whole life but determinded to be healthy. You keep up the good work and know that there are a ton of us who stand with you and behind you all the way. :)))
  • hayleyrenea
    Options
    Hey, just the fact that you can jog 4 miles is an amazing feat! I can't jog at all, and I can barely walk one mile. I'm also 21 years old, so that's saying something there. Keep it up! Don't let those witches make you falter - prove it to yourself that you can do this! And remember, you have the whole MFP community to back you up!
  • jamiecarol84
    Options
    First of all congrats to you on the 4 miles! That is amazing! It still amazes me how people can be so mean and cruel to other people. They are clearly ugly on the inside and they will get what's coming to them. They will be knocked down a few pegs someday. Don't ever give up on what you are doing! You are awesome and you can do this!
  • nansanchez
    nansanchez Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that this happened to you. I don't understand how people can be so cruel. I am proud of you doing any kind of walk for us that are over weight is a lot of work and you did 4 miles. That is AWESOME!!!! Just keep at it you are doing a great job. Try not to let those idiots of the world get you down.
  • oc1timoco
    oc1timoco Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Insults and sarcasm is the work of a weak mind. While you are on your walk just concentrate on your objective. You are doing great.
  • emilyrosecooperart
    emilyrosecooperart Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Keep up the dedication! People can just be downright mean. Know that all of us here support you! :)
  • llbonn
    llbonn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This reminded me of a saying I once heard, "I may be fat, but your ugly (inside for sure) and I can diet." Don't let it get you down. I always tell myself "Whatever someone else thinks of me is none of my business."
  • Jacl01
    Jacl01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Reading your post put a lot of things in perspective for me- I am usually a very negative person (on myself), and I usually give up quickly because I don't see results fast enough. Keep on doing what you are doing.

You are an inspiration.