Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hate is such a strong word.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Guess I'm not going to be your friend then. I'm a dog and horse person. I HATE cats, most useless things ever domesticated, can't think of a use for them except rodent control, and at that poison and traps work better.

wow! aren't you a peach!

Why should I have to like cats? The damned things stalk my ducklings!

You don't have to like them, but poisoning anything is just cruel! :angry:

I don't care if it's cruel or not, I will poison mice any chance I get, or use glue boards and traps, who cares about cruelty where vermin are concerned? Rather have them spread disease and contaminate feed?

You poison a mouse, it goes outside and dies. A cat or dog eats it and you've just poisoned someone's pet. Good job.

My farm is perimeter fenced all around... no worries about other people's dogs. And people who don't care enough to keep their dogs in a fenced yard, but let them run around loose, are risking their pets' lives. Cats should be indoors, period, not stalking the neighbors' poultry.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I have 4 cats and 5 dogs.. Some may call me crazy.. I would have to agree haha! :)

Looseweight?

Didn't you mean LoseWeight?
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have 3 cats and love them dearly. I find them interesting and fun to mess with.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    I know a girl named Cat.. Other than that I'm not a cat person.. Now my Yorkie, that's a different story :-)..
  • airdale8263
    airdale8263 Posts: 2,155 Member
    Options
    Cat - no
    Dog - yes
  • cathychapman75
    Options
    I have 3 cats, does that mean i qualify:)
  • KirbyT16
    KirbyT16 Posts: 411
    Options
    I like cats! :)
  • CorydonCutie
    CorydonCutie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have 6. Do I qualify? LOL
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Yes, I adore cats.
  • octogirlpretty
    Options
    I tolerate cats just as a general animal lover, and of course the kittens are cute. But I would never want to own one, and litter boxes...disgusting! I will stick with dogs. I don't think I could turn down a stray cat though. I would at least keep and feed it until I found a good home for it.

^^This; so much this. The stray cat thing is spot on.
  • mathiseasy
    mathiseasy Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dogs will watch you eat dinner hoping there's a little left afterwards so they have some. Cats watch you eat dinner hoping you'll fall over dead so they can have it all.

Haha! My husband always says that if cats could talk, they would lie to you (like our kitty Mia. But she caught a mouse the other night so she has been redeemed) :smile:
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have four cats!! The only male...Selina. Then we got cupcake. We just got two kittens a couple months ago.. Bubbles and babbles!!
  • bunnies26
    bunnies26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Meeeeeeeeeeeow!!!!!!!!!!!:blushing:
  • mmckee10
    mmckee10 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I'm an equal opportunity adopter. :) But the cat seems to rule the house even though he hasn't even been here a month yet.. Both animals are rescues :heart: :flowerforyou:

Mr. Bigglesworth :)
    mrbigglesworth.jpg

Dogdog and Mr.Bigglesworth
    dogdogandbiggles.jpg
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    after 16 loving years with my kitty. i had to put her to sleep yesterday. i was a rough last few days. ive never cried she much. she was my ride or die partner in crime. i know i did the right thing and i can still feel her with me. im just sad.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    my life will be empty without kitties!
    in fact in my next life i want to BE a cat :)
  • sammniamii
    sammniamii Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Merow? I <3 my cat, whom I've just spent way too much money on recently - 2 toy wands, that silly yellow thing (she watches, but the sound freaks her & she won't come near it), 20$ in food (which has given her sudden sharts so now I need to go buy MORE food - old type) and a heated cat bed (which the fuzzy little snot won't lay on unless I put the pair of pants she STOLE from my hubs on them).
  • mikalamarie
    mikalamarie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just recently became a cat person......I am allergic so always stayed away. But this awesome cat with lots of toes kept pawing at my back door. I fed it......it wanted to come in......so I named her Polly for polydactyl.........took her to vet after several months I could see she wasn't going to leave.......well turns out Polly is Pauly......had him fixed......love my cat
  • mazzasweet
    mazzasweet Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I never liked cats. Until a new mommy and her three babies 'adopted' us a few years back after my 120 lb lab passed away.
    I so fell in love. Where I live there are plenty of ferals - I have spent the last few years trapping/spaying/releasing (or getting homes) for 30+ and have several heated shelters on my property.
    In short, my cats are my life. #CrazyCatLady
    *Don't judge me* :-)