Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Decide to.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I really to hate stating "excuses" but I can't do anything extra. Weekdays I go to college really early in the morning, then I babysit and sleep. So the only exercise I can do is elliptical. It's the whole laziness thing..."oh gosh, elliptical, noooooo"
    When you babysit, are you actively engaged with the kids, or are you just hanging out at the house while the kids sleep til the parents get home? If it's the former, are they old enough that you can play in the yard or hang out at a playground and be a bit more active with them? If it's the latter, how about yoga stretches or calisthenics or something that doesn't require equipment?
  • atlchc8
    atlchc8 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Simple. You don't want it enough. One day you're going to be so unhappy with your weight and your health that you're going to make a change. Until that day, there's no need in trying to force yourself to do something you don't want to do. I know from personal experience.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    People - don't bother continuing to reply. Original OP already deactivated her account.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    People - don't bother continuing to reply. Original OP already deactivated her account.

so...there's obviously more people in this boat than just me, bring on the advice people!!! Especially when I have a good book and limited time before going to bed :)
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options

Because this was the only person on MFP who had lazy tendencies!! Erryone shhhhhhhhhhhh about the topic! We're beating a dead horse!!!
  • Jessica1173
    Jessica1173 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Okay, I asked questions before about support and motivation. Nothing seems to stick because im ridiculously LAZYYYY!!! Lazy to LIVE my life like a 20 year old, I will rather eat something and watch TV...And it's not that I even eat junk food or something, it's that I overeat, but now not about it. My life is passing past me and I just sit here like "merp, oh well". No...I do get motivated, I just GIVE UP to easy...and well I'm LAZYYY!!! Dictionaries should link my name when someone is searching for the definition of lazy...

How to overcome it? Any ideas what to change?

So funny. :) I think you overcome laziness by trying new things and finding what you enjoy. There's got to be something you are not doing that you want to do. That is how I plan on overcoming my laziness over the next few years. There is so much I want to do that I have not got around to doing.
  • Jessica1173
    Jessica1173 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for suggestions, I will take it in consideration.

I don't have friends, no support, no hang out time, I'm a lonely wolf, well I call myself that. The only hang out is with my boyfriend, and he is ok with me not improving myself(and no he isn't fat or anything, he is a future marine).

I was thinking of joining military but again, weight is the problem. I'm too big for military.

Getting good amount of sleep is impossible most of the days. I'm a medical student that spends half a day in school, and when I babysit I study, I get to bed around 12-1 and wake-up around 6.30. Saturday is my sleep-in day because on Sunday I go to work.

After being on here I realized that weigh-wise my problem isn't WHAT I eat but HOW much I eat...and life-wise, I'm ridiculously lazy. I always "see" my success in my head but never get to it...

What about volunteering? Or doing something like AmeriCorps? Or disaster relief or something?
  • katekross
    katekross Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    stop being lazy. get up and do something. nobody can make you do anything but yourself. apparently you don't want it enough, or you'd get up off your butt and start doing something. you say you have no time, so make time. I get up at 3am to give myself time to workout in the morning before work. if you really want it, you make your own time.

This. Get off your *kitten* and move. I did it, so can you. Plus I'm concerned about being in medical school and the statement "I always 'see' my success in my head but never get to it..." Good luck to you.
  • ktno1
    ktno1 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    My dad always says to his music students "While you're waiting for motivation to strike, do some practice."

It sounds silly but I am extremely lazy and I use this all the time. How do I get motivated? I kind of don't. I'm not fist pumping yelling "YEAH LET'S WORK OUT! WOOOO!" I just make myself do it. It's really not that hard to get up and do something. Motivation (for me, I can't speak for anyone else) really has little to do with it and is just something I use as an excuse not to do something.