Lose 2lbs/month - Permanent Thread until Jan1st, 2014

Options

Replies

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Can I join here @Chevy . . . . I see there are friends from other threads here too.

Starting Weight: 184 lbs (29-01-13)
    Current Weight: 10/1: 144.4
    Goal Weight: 135

9/7: 144.2
    9/14: 142.8
    9/21: 143.4
    9/28: 144.4 - BF - 31.4%

10/1: 144.4
    10/5: 143.8
    10/12: 140.8 (currently BF at 30.3% )

I'm focusing on a BF% of less than 30 and a waist that's less than 30
    My weigh day is Saturday.
    As I get closer to maintenance (? about 130 - 135 lbs ?) I've upped my intake to 1540 a day.
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Checking in for the week. As of last Monday 10/14:

SW:125
    CW:119
    UW:118

Things are still going well. I'm continuing to resist the urge to graze on food at work and the night eating is still at a minimum. Working out regularly is also steadily becoming a habit again. Did Zumba for the first time in months and I forgot how much I loved it and what a great workout it is! I'm hoping this will bode well for the upcoming holiday season.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: somewhere in the 180s

CW: 140

GW: 130, more or less

Thanks for starting this!

SW 178
    CW 139
    GW 130

1 pound down this week
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Heya all, you might have seen me in the lose 5 pounds in oct thread or one of those weightloss threads, but I've always had the dim feeling that I should actually be in this thread. I'm not very far from my ideal weight goal (116) but I'm 5'4 and I haven't been 116 since I was 14 thereabouts. Moreover for the past 3 weeks my weight has been fluctuating in 140-144 but I've still been losing inches, so my ideal weight might actually be in the low 130s thereabouts! I've always been chubby and I finally came into this thread because I just has a 3,500 calorie day where I ate 2 lunches because I met 2 different friends around 11-3 so I wanted to be social and I had a craving for caramel almond pretzel which I tried to make go away by eating other food and ended up eating the pretzel anyway. The worst part of it? The caramel pretzel tasted so good! In fact it was my favorite food since I was 10 till the franchise near me closed down! I just want to eat more. And now I find that it's within a 20 min walk at my new apartment. So I'm quite sick of it all, sick of binging and feeling the guilt (I'm just gonna eat the almond pretzels not more than 2x/week), sick of trying out intermittent fasting (made me light-headed so often), of paleo (I stay in a city, the nearest free range chickens and grass fed beef is in a supermarket 1hr away and at x3-4 the price!), of just being chubby and recoiling when I look a old photos.

After reading that no excuses post of how this lady transformed her body in a year, I've decided to just commit till dec. it's just 2 months! I've set my TDEE -20% which is 1810 and just aim to eat that everyday. I need to learn moderation and balance. Maybe once I get that down, I can start tweaking with low carb and IF but just 2 months of keeping calories low should get me used to it being a lifestyle and not some self-inflicted torture! My body has been a good buddy and have managed to cope with all the abuse I've given it. Now it's time to give it a routine that its happy with :)

CW (I'm using yesterday's weight thanks to my binge): 142.4
    GW (end of year): 138
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    @Coral_B - Welcome

@iron_Feline - Great job!

@czechwolf52 - Great steady progress!

@hollis - That is great news - Love the Avatar!

@roxie - Great job with all the activity

@k80flec - Welcome!

@lovingmyselfagain - Love to see that the working out is going so well!

@natalieyeo
    - Welcome!

It is all about the slow and steady progress.
  • coral_b
    coral_b Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Checking in:

SW 154
    CW 146
    GW 130
    UGW 125

Also- This month I have mastered running, This week alone i'm on 23 miles, and a PB for my 5k!
    Hoping to be down to 140 by Christmas. IBS cramps flare up this week has meant that despite an 800 cal burn 6/7 days, and a daily under-eat of 500 cals my weight has stayed the same!
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Just want to say that I love this group - everyone is kicking *kitten* - in a healthy sustainable way.

Congrats to fat lost and PB's and welcome newbies :flowerforyou:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    @hollis - That is great news - Love the Avatar!

It is all about the slow and steady progress.

@ Chevy_Smart Thanks for starting this group! It was a great idea. My profile photo is my wonderful dog Jennie.... and I need to get off the internet now to walk her and lose some more weight :-)
  • JKDLady
    JKDLady Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    SW:137.7
    CW: 133.8
    GW: 129.7

I feel like I'm in a nice groove.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Couldn't do 2 lbs a month, that's just way too slow for me.

But I am in awe of you guys. I wanted to stop by and say I'm on the sidelines, cheering you guys on! To have the patience and the wisdom to go at the pace that works for you, regardless of what that pace is, definitely deserves a hearty round of applause!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    <><><><><><><><>
    Spreadsheet up to here
    tinyurl.com/Lose8By2014
    <><><><><><><><>

@coral_B - Fantastic that you are running. i love to run and there are a lot of great running people here congrats. Especially with what you have been dealt.

@Hollis - The Jenny picture is awesome!

@Iron_Feline - Thanks for the props - This is a pretty cool little thread.
    I like it "Kicking *kitten* - in a healthy sustainable way"

@Iwishyouwell - Thanks for the props - The fact that we are all on this site is a great thing!

@JKD - You are definitely in a groove - Great Running, Great committment!

By the way a great challenge thread to get on (some of you are there already). I is the MYA challenge

Here is the latest thread.. you can just "hop right on"

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1120673-october-2013-move-your-a-challenge
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Here is a great subchallenge

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1121219-week-11-calorie-burned-challenge-10-21-10-27

It only tracks a week. I am trying to burn 4000 calories this week! (That way I get to eat pizza still)
  • Chevy_Quest
    Options
    Here is a link to the challenge I host

it is NOT about the scale at all, it is about the process - this will be my 3rd month and it is a very friendly, supportive group. :smile: :smile: :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17168-keeping-it-green-while-eating-challenge-nov-2013
  • artiepuppy16
    artiepuppy16 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Love to have a go!
    CW: 202
    By january want to be: 198! (or lower)
    Overall goal: 178 :)
  • rowbubble
    Options
    Yay!

What a great way to motivate me!

okay here goes:

SW:136
    CW: 132
    GW:112
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    CW: 134.8

Wow, that's a big loss for me this week, I wasn't expecting that much but I'll take it!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    I am finishing up a challenge in 2 weeks but this group might be a good idea for me. I have my goal set at 1/2 lb a week but since I just came off a bulk right now it is droping a bit faster then that as my body adjust again.

CW 167.4

End goal is 150, started at 212 almost 1 year ago. So I lost average about 1lb a week over the past year but as I am closer to the end my loss will be slowing down. I want to work on cutting back my weigh ins so this is a good thread to be in.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Current weight 275.4
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Didn't see one for this week so I'm just going to post here!

Current Weight: 131.2
    Starting Weight: 134
    Jan 1 Goal Weight: 125
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 120
  • faith_76
    faith_76 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    As of this a.m. I'm at 159
    Ran another 7 miles yesterday but may have to dial it back some due to ball of foot pain. Walking around without shoes on has become painful. Hoping this will not get any worse.