If You're doing away with Carbs....Add Me!

Options

Replies

• Fit4Life004
    Fit4Life004 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi, i am on a low carb diet right now! I will support you! Feel free to add me :)
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'd say I eat about 100g of carbs a day, that all come from fruits, veggies, nuts, sweet potatoes and other non-grains. I feel great. Feel free to add me
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Low carbs/ No carbs............that just makes me so sad :sad: I'd rather not 'diet' and have to give up things that I love. Instead I believe in everything in moderation, portion control, willpower, commonsense, consistency and frequent big sweaty workouts...that's the way to go. Now would someone please pass me a cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Or I just haven't entered anything in years bro. If you had zoomed in on logic the same amount as your pic you would have understood that. Also your pic shows your pretty good at sucking (in).

I'm not your bro, more likely to be your Dad, but very happy eating a varied and balanced diet, getting fitter and stronger.

I'll give you a little insight - people don't actually object to people following a different path but when one of the macro nutrients starts getting demonised for no good reason that's when the "haters" poke fun.
  • fonehtiks
    Options
    Low carbs/ No carbs............that just makes me so sad :sad: I'd rather not 'diet' and have to give up things that I love. Instead I believe in everything in moderation, portion control, willpower, commonsense, consistency and frequent big sweaty workouts...that's the way to go. Now would someone please pass me a cookie!!!!!!!!!!!!:wink:

But if you limit what you eat, isn't that giving up things? I'm pretty sure eating 1 cookie instead of 2 is giving up that 1 cookie, which you love.
  • fonehtiks
    Options
    Or I just haven't entered anything in years bro. If you had zoomed in on logic the same amount as your pic you would have understood that. Also your pic shows your pretty good at sucking (in).

I'm not your bro, more likely to be your Dad, but very happy eating a varied and balanced diet, getting fitter and stronger.

I'll give you a little insight - people don't actually object to people following a different path but when one of the macro nutrients starts getting demonised for no good reason that's when the "haters" poke fun.

My dad wouldn't be this ignorant. This entire thread is carb eaters coming here and telling the non carb eaters that they're wrong and are "demonising" fat. That is textbook objection. If there was no objection, this entire thread would be only people following the same diet adding each other.

"I'll give you a little insight - people don't actually object to people following a different path but when one of the macro nutrients starts getting demonised for no good reason that's when the "haters" poke fun."

Please reread what you just wrote. You say nobody objects to other paths, except for when there are other paths. Is this correct?
  • GreekGoddess7319
    Options
    It took me a while, but I finished reading everyone's posts.
    At the start of May, I began the Atkins diet, waking up at 6am five days a week to go for a walk as well as yoga three times a week, all on 20g of net carbs or fewer each day. I suppose it would also be fair to admit that I had three jobs, an internship, and a musical as well, so I was constantly active. At first, I did have a lack of energy because my body didn't know why I wasn't providing the usual doses of quick energy (carbohydrates), but as my summer wore on, it caught on and in the end, I was able to accomplish more throughout my day because my stored energy reserves (fats and protein) were tapped into. When I had begun the diet, I was 275lb; when I returned to college in early August, I was 220lb. Probably around mid-September, I scrapped the low carb, and because my body was not used to carbs, it ate them up quickly. Two days ago, I joined this site and am starting a low calorie diet, along with my usual morning walks and an hour workout at the gym as many times as possible each week. I weighed myself yesterday and I am starting this diet off at 214lb, aiming for about 180lb.
    So in all, the low carb is most definitely possible and it works. Of course no one thinks they can get rid of the "bad" carbs (sugars, as listed on nutrition labels), but believe me when I say I love sugar more than anyone who has ever existed and I lost at least 50lb by learning self control. Yes, I slipped back into bad habits for a few weeks, but now I know I have the will-power to reach my goal weight by saying no to my favourite food group and spending more time working out.
  • kateydouglas
    kateydouglas Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i've just been doing the low carb thing since Monday and I felt great right off, a lot more energy and I don't feel as lazy as I usually do. Sleeping better too. The carbs I do eat are healthy carbs from vegies but I try to take in less then 40 a day, if I go as low as 20 my brain doesn't function right. I get absent minded and if I don't write something down I forget it, but that could just be stress too.
  • binariiangel
    binariiangel Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm doing low carb. Feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey! I know its been tough for me!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    My dad wouldn't be this ignorant. This entire thread is carb eaters coming here and telling the non carb eaters that they're wrong and are "demonising" fat. That is textbook objection. If there was no objection, this entire thread would be only people following the same diet adding each other.
    "I'll give you a little insight - people don't actually object to people following a different path but when one of the macro nutrients starts getting demonised for no good reason that's when the "haters" poke fun."
    Please reread what you just wrote. You say nobody objects to other paths, except for when there are other paths. Is this correct?

You want to follow a keto path - good for you. But why label carbs as "bad"?
    Unlike you I've been around long enough to see the nonsense around low fat as well. Next time I suppose the fad will be that protein is bad.

Also why try to assume some kind of moral high ground with a copy/paste straight from Wikipedia?

As for ignorance, taking the p1ss out of someone's photo? Seriously?
  • MUALaurenClark
    MUALaurenClark Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This entire thread is carb eaters coming here and telling the non carb eaters that they're wrong and are "demonising" fat. That is textbook objection. If there was no objection, this entire thread would be only people following the same diet adding each other.

I like this.
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Started my low carb week again, i like to cycle, to me low carb is 150 and netting even less
    I like bad and good :-)
    Add if you care to be my pal, if not its all good :-)
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options

Where is your success?? :huh:

See ticker below. :bigsmile:
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Earlier in the thread, someone said restricting carbs isn't necessary. That's true for a lot of people, but carb restriction is important and necessary for some of us.

I'm one of those people. Staying very low carb to moderately low carb hasn't meant lack of energy or poor performance for me, but changing my diet has made all the difference for me in terms of dealing with my health issues, and has enabled me to be much more active than I was when I was eating a carb-heavy diet. Eating as I do is what is necessary and works for me at this point in my life, but I'm open to the possibility that this could change in the future as my body composition changes, my health improves, and perhaps my fitness/performance goals could change as well. Who knows?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    20 to 50 grams of carbs is optimal for what? Crashing and burning...?

to supposedly force your body into using fat rather then carbohydrates as a primary energy source
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    So Apparently I should have specified BAD CARBS....WOW! Amazed! LMAO!

What on Earth is a "bad" carb?
    Does not compute..... :grumble:

My ex-boyfriend's mother's cookies. How she could ruin a cookie was beyond me. I think it was just flour and water... like baked wallpaper paste.

lol that is clearly the best definition of 'bad carb'!
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options

not everyone doing the low carb thing thinks that carbs are 'bad' necessairly (at least i don't think they are).

I'm assuming they just see it more of a means to an end like do, away of increaseing wait loss, or simply to try something new for awhile
  • ashnich11
    ashnich11 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi :) I have type one diabetes and have been taking insulin for about 12 years (8 years old). My doctors just told me to eat what I want and cover it with insulin, which is great and everything but it doesn't really help with gaining weight. I am also a struggling college student with no medical insurance. I talked with my doctor and said I need a way to save money on insulin and he said "take less insulin?" haha who would have thought. So we came up with a plan to go "low carb" as you would say. I still have bread, dairy and good stuff. But in moderation. I have no complaints, maybe because Im used to having to say no to things I want like huge pieces of chocolate cake or all you can eat pancake breakfasts. Im not saying its for everyone, but this is how I've had success. Im open to questions and will not judge :))

I'll add you.
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    Hi :) I have type one diabetes and have been taking insulin for about 12 years (8 years old). My doctors just told me to eat what I want and cover it with insulin, which is great and everything but it doesn't really help with gaining weight. I am also a struggling college student with no medical insurance. I talked with my doctor and said I need a way to save money on insulin and he said "take less insulin?" haha who would have thought. So we came up with a plan to go "low carb" as you would say. I still have bread, dairy and good stuff. But in moderation. I have no complaints, maybe because Im used to having to say no to things I want like huge pieces of chocolate cake or all you can eat pancake breakfasts. Im not saying its for everyone, but this is how I've had success. Im open to questions and will not judge :))

I'll add you.

how many grams carbs do you eat a day?

I struggle to get under 50g. and my carbs come exclusively from nuts, peanut butter and protein powder. if there were no carbs in peanut butter, i could do it for the rest of my life no problem though lol.

I eat at least 2200 cals a day though. if i was eating less calories overall, i suppose it would be 'easier' to eat things like fruit and still not go over 50g. that was one thing that always bugged me about the keto thing. My calorie intake is based on body weight, how come bigger people can't get away with eating more carbs and still stay in ketosis?

or can they?

i understand your situation is different and your doing it for different reasons overall