How do you distract yourself on the treadmill?

Options

Replies

• HLSalter
    HLSalter Posts: 260
    Options
    Zombie run app. Nothing like the sound of zombies chasing you to get you to go faster
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    At my gym the treadmills are next to the free weights section....nuff said!!!

LOL LOL LOL!!!!! :)
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    I chase the girls on the machines in front of me. I never catch them. /sad/

LMFAO!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I watch shows on my tablet. It's nice because the treadmill is the only cardio machine I use that keeps the pace for me... No extra brain cells required.
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Music on my phone, eye candy provided by cute guys at the gym and sports on the smalls TVs on the machines.
  • paulylovesme
    Options
    i HATE THE Treadmill But I do use the crossramp. When I am on that I repeat positive affirmations and list reasons why I am torturing myself :) Also the gym plays loud music.
  • VaneLee89
    Options
    Usually I listen to music and day dream. Running on the treadmill is really boring so I try to keep my mind occupied with fun fulfilled day dreams.
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I do this.
    treadmillfun_zps17cf0732.gif
  • MacMomma2013
    MacMomma2013 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I put on some music, or watch a movie, or pretend I'm running a Marathon/ Sprint/ Triathalon.
  • CTCMom2009
    CTCMom2009 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Music and sports on TV.
  • sleibo87
    sleibo87 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    The zombie I put on the wall behind my treadmill hahahah. Just music or tv at home. At gym just watching other people work out motivates me
  • Bj0223
    Bj0223 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I run outside and I love the Zombie Run! app. Its fun and entertaining. Also when the zombies are chasing me, I run faster!!
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I do this.
    treadmillfun_zps17cf0732.gif

I tried that at 4mph or so, did not end well. haha
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    The short answer is I don't... I will run outdoors at all costs... rain, sun, snow, or shine... anything from 10 degrees to 90... anything to avoid that boring machine!!! :happy:
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    audiobooks - love to listen to mysteries as it seems to be the only way I can get a book read lately!
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k while watching action movies - Star Trek, Iron Man, Avengers, etc etc. The treadmill is right next to the couch in front of the TV :-)

Now I'm doing c25k outside, with music. I sort of miss watching movies, the outside is pretty boring, and WAY harder!
  • astange83
    astange83 Posts: 105
    Options
    Pandora on my kindle or watching movies on my external hd on my kindle
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    It used to be music, but I evolved away from that in my running. It happened when I ran outside a lot this past Spring/Summer. Now I just listen to my breathing, footwork, and daydream. Good luck.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    I don't normally use a treadmill but if I did I would pretend I was a zombie chasing the person in front of me. Just don't start groaning because they'll ask you to leave the gym.
  • FixIngMe13
    FixIngMe13 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Listen to mostly Christian teaching tapes...yes, cassette tapes...lol.

If you have an IPod, you know you can download Joyce Meyers and Joel Olsteen teachings right? :) I have a lot of their teachings on my IPod...