Options

Replies

• 2DogsBarking
    Options
    think-we-are-jd.gif
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Grave of the Fireflies. I watched the movie once. I don't have the heart to watch it again. I was depressed for days!!! :cry:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Opie - SOA

He doesn't die but when Denzel Washington is giving the speech to his son when he's about to kill himself in John Q, it kills me. Every.Single.Time.
  • BrandNewFabulousMe
    Options
    Nope
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Nope

Then why post?
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I wasn't ready for Wash. I'm still not ready. :sad:
    Wash for sure.

Doctor Who - Ten's regeneration into Eleven wrecks me every time. "I don't want to go..." :sad:

Boromir's death scene in FOTR. :heart:

Matthew in Downton Abbey.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Cpt. Miller (Tom Hanks) in Saving Private Ryan.

2 pages in to find the winner. agreed.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Watership Down (all the poor bunnies getting slaughtered)
    Never Ending Story - Artax in the Swamp of Disspair

There's 2 big ones, can't believe these were movies aimed at kids.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Wash from Firefly is my top.

Honorable mentions are all from Buffy: Jenny Calendar, Joyce Summers, and Anya.
  • Timothy1962
    Options
    Walter White... aka .. Heisenberg :(
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    Not exactly a death, but when Donna leaves in Doctor Who - the whole thing about him having to take all her memories to save her life, so she isn't who she'd become with him. :cry:

And then River Song and Amy & Rory Pond and the Doctor dying (and not) at Lake Silencio. Like, that whole season, even with how it resolves, it just kills me every time!

(Yes, I'm a Doctor Who freak!!)

And again with the Science Fiction nerd … but in Star Trek II, when Spock dies (and yes, I remember it before anyone knew he was coming back in the 3rd movie). "I have been … and ever shall be … your friend" :sad:

I agree with Walsh's. That was just … :noway:

Oh yea, and Kate in the first season of NCIS. She takes a bullet for Gibbs, but it's in her vest, so everything is safe and they can relax and then with no more warning, a sniper shot and she's gone.

Just be rewatching Torchwood and in tears when Owen and Tash (sp) died.

Supernatural has had me in tears a few times but when Bobby died that made me bawl.
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    It's not a single death, but Six Feet Under series finale ending. I watched probably the last part of that season at once and when she's driving away and Sia's Breathe Me starts playing and then it flashes forward to the deaths of all the characters (that are still alive) like usually do at the beginning of episodes...I sobbed. Absolutely weeped. Haven't cried that much at any funeral, of any loved one, I've ever been too. Really good show, but a phenomenally brilliant ending.
  • cogsblogs23
    Options
    Sophie's Choice - and that was before becoming a parent... Red Dog is up there too.
  • Colliex3
    Colliex3 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I Cry any time one of the main characters dies on Grey's Anatomy.

Lexie and Sloan was heart breaking
  • Elliehmltn
    Elliehmltn Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Leslie in "Bridge to Terabithia." Thomas J. in "My Girl." Dumbledore. John Ritter. Hooch ("Turner and Hooch").
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Steel Magnolias, A Walk to Remember, The Family Stone.
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    Mufasa

null_zpse5e169f9.jpg

Still can't watch this scene without crying

Just looking at the picture and I can hear the music in my head and I'm tearing up.

Other then any Disney death, there is Nancy from Oliver! That scene still shocks me with how brutal it is without actually showing anything, even the dog is terrified.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Ohhh and the saddest one for me. Is a cartoon. UP! The beginning of it kills me. The first 10 minutes have the best love story ever! :sad:
  • Mongognom
    Mongognom Posts: 123
    Options
    When Kate from "My Sister's Keeper" died. I mean, throughout the movie you knew she was going to die but when the event actually happened, it was just waterfalls!

That is the part I love from the movie, but hate from the book. Have you read the book? Because Piccoult writes emotional and page-turner books, but she always messes up the ending. And while My sisters keeper is one of my favourite books, I have torn out the last 5 pages because of how much the ending blows.
  • teresa77447
    Options
    I saw many that I felt the same about. Especially the pets.

Matthew on Downton Abbey.