Options
    Bummer. Bad idea, IMO.

37503572.jpg
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    MFP,
    HELP!
    So, I am on this diet, where I cut out 99.9% of my carbs and sugars.
    This means:
    No Sugar
    No Fruit
    No Bread
    No Dairy
    My friends tell me the first week is the hardest, but it does get easier. Now, I am not saying that I do not believe them because I know they are right and it has worked for them. But I am breaking into day four here in a few minutes and I think I am going to lose my marbles. I am craving Skittles, cheese enchiladas, Oreos… and other things. I am so nauseas from what I have been eating here in the past three days – but I was told it is because I am going through withdrawals from the yeast and sugars. The effects from the withdrawals as I was told are:
    Shakes
    Sweats
    Nausea
    Deliria
    And what not, but I am just worried. Is this natural going through this? The nausea and cravings? When I was on 1200-1400calories I was fine, but I also ate what I want. I mean, yes this is healthier, but I am wondering if it is really worth it. I really need support and many other things…help?

Why?
  • DiamondL88
    Options
    Hi, You should check out smack fat its a amazing community that strives on helping & suggesting solutions to losing weight & your questions just follow this link for more details http://goo.gl/IerPQr

For videos & more info take a look at smack fat fan page on Facebook

http://www.facebook.com/LoseWeightBeHappy88
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    BUMP :flowerforyou:
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I hope you haven't given up.

Your body is going to scream when it goes through withdraw.

Really there is no real reason to try to eliminate all carbs and make yourself totally miserable.

Your diary wasn't open so I couldn't see what you are having each day.

Try around 100 carbs a day. Lower the carbs but not too low.

Eat more fat like real butter and coconut oil.

Try that for a few days and see how you feel.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    What are your reasons for doing this diet? Is it to cure candida (a quick google suggests that this diet isnt very effective at achieving that) Or is it primarily to lose weight, and you've decided that your body is exactly the same as your friends' and what works for them will automatically work for you too?

That sounds a bit harsh, and I dont mean it to - I just wanted to clarify what your goals are.

I have a lot of medical issues and we have been looking through diets and what not to see what could possibly help with my issues and this one seemed to tackle at least 15 things that I struggle with. I am always willing to try everything once, but day four starts in 15 minutes and I honestly don't think I could hack it much longer. I really wanted the opinions of others around here. I have received GREAT help from MFP before and I just need it again. Last time I tried a restrictive diet I stayed awake all night crying because I could not have a bowl of cereal. It isn't that I don't have the will power or the drive, but honestly, I would rather go through Chinese water torture.
    The guy who just spent $100K on a new car will also tell you it's the best car he's ever owned, even if the seats are uncomfortable, the road noise is unbearable, and it gets 8 mpg. I think very, very little of ultra low/no carb diets, but what's important here is what you think. If a diet is not sustainable for the long-term, then do something else.

This made me smile and laugh. I brag about my car all the time and it is the best car I ever owned, but my bubble is not new, but 45 mpg is amazing! I love my little hybrid. I am addicted to sugar/carbs, that is why I posted this here. I am just trying not to cry - feel like a baby about this.

All those symptoms are normal for carb withdrawal. It will get better. I started the ketogenic diet back in June for health reasons and to get healthy enough to get pregnant. Well two months in, I got pregnant lol so it worked!

But seriously, the first week is the hardest!! Eat things high in fat like fatty meats, avocados, nuts etc. This will temper the cravings a bit and keep you from getting hungry! Also, during the first week, focus on the adjustment and don't worry about calories. Personally I can't live without cheese lol so I could never cut out diary but a lot of people on the ketogenic diet find they need to do so. Just keep your fat up at all times and your carbs low and protein right in the middle. This is the best recipe for feeling great and succeeding.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    MFP,
    HELP!
    So, I am on this diet, where I cut out 99.9% of ...

I stopped reading. This is neither natural nor maintainable.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Wonder what happened to the OP? This thread is a month old.
  • tindy5799
    tindy5799 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    When I did keto/low carb/paleo for the first time, I didn't restrict calories at all. I got to eat as much as I wanted for three weeks but could only eat the approved foods. That really helps the transition. You only have a finite amount of self control and it's hard limiting calories AND carbs. Plus with the high fat and protein foods I was eating, I didn't even want to eat crazy excessive amounts of food so the calorie restriction came pretty naturally once I was transitioned.
  • JesseeCrown
    Options
    Your diet does not sound healthy, sorry. You need to eat the healthy fats others have mentioned.

I've recently read a very eye opening book, 'The Truth About Fat Burning Foods' from fatburningfoodfacts.com that has really helped me to take some of the weight off (when exercise alone was not working). It is definitely worth checking out. Best of luck to you!
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    I get the no sugar, bread or dairy but no FRUIT? Seriously!?

Fruit has a TON of sugar in it (but I love fruit)

It is sugar, but in moderation, fruit actually fills you up and gives you a bit of energy. Personally I need a little bit of carbs during the day or I get nauseous and dizzy. Fruit is good in the beginning of the day, that way you burn it off and the sugar won't turn into fat.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Eating slowly is one of the best things you can do to lose weight. As a society, we tend to rush through everything, including our meals. If you eat too quickly, your brain doesn't have a chance to realize that your body is full. Therefore, you continue to crave more food than you actually need.

Russel Howe
    Fitness Instructor
    www.reshapeyourbody.org

Strong necromancy.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wonder what happened to the OP? This thread is a month old.

^ This. OP, how did you get on?
  • LeanneGoingThin
    LeanneGoingThin Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    It's called Keto and I wouldn't recommend it to beginners. Do you carb up once in a while?
  • skinnyjacob
    skinnyjacob Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I AGREE
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    Any diet that has "delirium" as a side effect raises a big red flag for me, call me crazy...
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Just STOP. Your body needs carbs.
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Old thread is old.
  • AABru
    AABru Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I have not read though all of this thread, but I just thought I'd quickly add that I have gone through sugar withdrawal...it's a little like caffeine withdrawal, but with out the headaches. It sucks, but it will be over soon. From one of your posts, I gather that you had an issue with drugs and got over it...did you by chance replace drugs with food? The discomfort that you are feeling may be a physical response to an emotional need, and if that is the case, then perhaps you need to get to the root of that problem before you attempt clean eating. I am an emotional eater and am attempting to work through it and better recognize my patterns. My schedule does not allow me to workout the way I should to counter my stress levels, and I sabotage myself with food...