October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    7.3 miles. 1 mile walking & 6.3 on the bike PLUS doing the GAMMA cycle of FOCUS T25. Got my flower beds & yard cleaned too today. Just trying to be ahead of OLD MAN WINTER! I don't like that guy

!
    exercise.png
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Adding 15 miles

exercise.png
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Not nearly the weekend I had intended running-wise, lots of stuff got in the way. Only managed a measly 4.5K run this evening. This week should hopefully be better.

Total 51.7 K

exercise.png
  • fabgurrl
    fabgurrl Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    October 19, 2013-3.89 miles

exercise.png
  • aawright39
    Options
    Thursday, Oct. 17th - 5.6 miles walking
    Saturday, Oct. 19th - 2.4 miles doing yard work
    Saturday, Oct. 19th - 7.0 miles walking

Total this week = 15 miles
    Total to date = 39.60 mils
    Miles to go = 35.40 miles
  • StefanieJo13point1goal
    Options
    Got in my last official sanctioned 5K of the year with an awesome PR of 39:31!!! I beat my last time of 40:27 that was done in July!!! It feels great to end the year with this awesome PR and something to smash in 2014!!!!

exercise.png
  • da1syJane
    da1syJane Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump for November!
  • lorcart
    lorcart Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Up to 32.5....I really need to get off my *kitten* if I'm going to make my goal!
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been lax in updating. Will be back on track tomorrow. I don't think I will make my goal this month, as it's getting too cold for me to bike, but I will do what I can to get the miles up.

exercise.png
  • taxmom9093
    taxmom9093 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Hope everyone had a great weekend! :flowerforyou:

Spent a lot of time today in the car going to take my college student her birthday presents. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    Still added another 4.75 miles. Now I need to get serious this week while I have some time. :bigsmile:

October total 100.25 miles :happy:

exercise.png

@Speedy Hey, I'm glad you feel encouraged by us here. I'm encouraged by your progress and courage to take on the challenges that are still out of my reach. :drinker:

@Darkrider. still thinking about the running thing here. My past experience has not been....well....good. I did manage to "run" about 50 yards after my walk this morning. (Trust me," run" does belong in quotes for now) Until I'm a little further along I'll be the one walking on the sidelines cheering you all along.:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • DanJJacobs
    Options
    I'm missing the odd day due to the awful English rain, but still happy with my progress so far.

exercise.png
  • phytogurl
    phytogurl Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    5.84 miles mountain biked this morning before 7 hours of olive picking...phew!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,327 Member
    Options
    I've picked up the pace these past few days. However will need to do 6.5 miles daily to reach my goal. Too many rest days the first half of the month!
    @JBHARWOOD - You're sposed ta save all those rest days for the last* part of the month! :wink: That's ok, you can still make it or get awful darn close! Go for it!!!!

@VHUBER - You were an absolute MACHINE again today!!! Dang!!!

@ROCKANN16 - Was that a 15 mile *run*??? Well, no matter, even if it was a run, walk, or bike, that's still awful impressive!!

@_CANUCKRUNNER_ - I was just wondering where you've been and there you are! :smile: Ditto to you three as well, @LORCART, @AAWRIGHT39 and @LAMLAM2013!! :smile: Seems like a bunch of you are checking in.... :bigsmile:

@STEFANIE13PONT1GOAL - That's awesome that you PR'd in your 5K!! Congrats!! Onward to more successes.

@TAXMOM9093 - Didn't you read that quote I posted a day or two ago about what it takes to be called a runner? :smile: It may have felt awkward to you, but trust me, I bet it didn't look *anywhere* near as awkward as it felt. And I'm still proud of you even if it was only 50 yards. Don't overdo it too quickly, but anytime you feel ready, just keep tossing in those quick bursts now & again. No rush. But I promise that if you keep doing a few here and there, it will get easier and feel less awkward. I've been there too, hon. And believe me....if I can get past it, anybody* can. :flowerforyou: I appreciate all the cheering you do for me and everybody else, but know that I and everyone else is also cheering right back for you.

@DANJJACOBS - HOLY SCHNIKEES! That was quite a jump in miles from where you were!!!!! :happy: GREAT WORK!!

@PHYTOGURL - I love olives!! Which variety and black or green?

=======================
    Spreadsheet updated to here.

www.tinyurl.com/mgtpplu
    =======================

Continuing the "PUSH FOR THE GOLD!!!"

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    10/1/13 1.200
    10/4/13 0.550
    10/5/13 10.990
    10/6/13 0.400
    10/10/13 2.090
    10/12/13 1.910
    10/13/13 10.060
    10/15/13 2.630
    10/19/13 2.000

Total - 31.83, doesn't look like I'm getting to the 80 I had intended but I'll get as close as possible.
  • leambi
    leambi Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    10 miles done on Sunday.

exercise.png
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    75.6km done up to now!
  • novaris2
    Options
    +6 Km

exercise.png
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Completed 122.98 miles out of 100 miles

10/20: 9-mile run :bigsmile:
    10/19: 0.21miles on the treadmill

I told myself that I would go on a little bike ride whenever I run, but I took 3 days off from working out bc it was cold, so I just wanted to get out there ASAP and not find another excuse. I didn't even wanna waste time loading my bike on my car. It was dark, but I saw what I believe was a skunk. It was coming from the inside of the track and crossed the track to go into the woods when it lifted it's tail. I turned around so fast and sped off! . :laugh: I had to go to work the next day and I wouldn't have had time to get the skunk smell off of me. :laugh: I had to run for about three minutes until I was safe in the parking lot and I just finished my run there.
  • Jcsmith5210
    Jcsmith5210 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

exercise.png
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,224 Member
    Options
    @ Dinos and Dave, You guys are animals! :-) Way to go guys. :-)

@ Janet and Speedy and Chris - Way to go! You guys are really keeping me going. I hit ice last week and though I didn't go down, I'm changed my tires to trainer tires and now I'm strictly indoors on the road bikes. The only outdoor bike I have now is my mountain bike.