"We don't sell >1kg dumbells to women"???

Options
13»

Replies

• CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am sick of people being all "but but but ... you're gonna bulk up and get huge!"

The right reply is "Only if I start shooting testosterone into my *kitten*." Seriously, how can people be THIS ignorant of health and fitness?
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I know some of you may find it hard to believe what I posted but it is true. I live in India. It's the reason(one of many, anyway) i had to quit every gym I joined because I wouldn't be allowed to squat/lunge/deadlift with more than 2 lbs. I was once executing a perfect plie squat with 5 lbs (not that it's tough or anything, just saying) but the trainer comes over and goes, "You can't lift 5 lbs in each hand!" Well hello, I just did.
    P.S. This is the same trainer who threw a tantrum on my weight check day that she weighs more than me. (A pound). Yeah she's like a foot shorter than me, but aren't you supposed to congratulate someone on their weight loss?

Wow, okay, now I believe it. Good on you and best wishes in your fitness journey.
  • leannems
    leannems Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    this comes from the over zealous litigation that america is known for.

shop sells weights to woman, woman gets hurt by said weight, woman sues sports shop.

I don't think so. If that were true than the excuse would have been "We don't sell >1kg dumbells to people who look weak." Meaning regardless of gender.

They committed an FCRA violation and likely a violation under state law as well as soon as they said the word "women."

Edited to add - and nevermind. OP lives in India. Sorry about that doll - buy the weights you want (using any excuse you can get) and don't worry about bulking up. Based on what you've written, you'll be just fine.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Most children get to over 4 kg pretty quickly. And women have no trouble carrying them around at all.

Serious OP thats very sad, and this was my thought wouldnt be much for a woman to be carrying a 4kg infant.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    My 5 yr old (girl) plays with 2kg dumbbells. This topic is boggling.
  • Xtrobelights
    Xtrobelights Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would have taken the light dumbbell and knocked him the **** out with it
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    India

Well that explains the misogyny.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options