African Mango - Dr. Oz Recommended. Have You Tried it?

Options

Replies

• wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I took some for a month a while back. But it was recommended to me for stress/cortisol regulation, not weight loss.

I got a bottle that was a 30 day supply for $20 from my local natural goods store. Took it everyday for 30 months. Didn't really feel any less stress and didn't lose any weight.

So I'd say skip it, especially at $75. Since, at that price, I'm guessing the snake oil doctor is getting a cut.
  • bubblygoldfish
    bubblygoldfish Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I bet being Dr. Oz is a pretty sweet gig. I mean, think about it: he gets paid to promote his own ideas through Oprah and her following, the product(s) and fads build his name recognition (which ceates more revenue for him), and THEN he gets kickbacks from the products he endorsed. What a money making cycle! I should have thought of it first!
  • vampiree91
    vampiree91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I looked into it too because "Dr Oz said". Its $70 for a 35 day supply. Ill pass.

no its not, i got it at cvs for like 10 or 15 $ and its a bottle of 90 pills
  • vampiree91
    vampiree91 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    it worked for my friend, she had to force herself to eat even a little bit but it didnt do anything at all for me. i might give it another try though since i still have it
  • MamaGuru
    Options
    I Baught 2 bottles from Swanson did nothing. But I heard it depends what brand and it depends on the distributor. For the people that has success on this product please share the website product and price. :)
  • riveroflight
    Options
    No product/supplement is going to do it *for* you, but some might help a lot, with a good fitness program (one that you'll stick to) and a workable diet plan (of which there are many). It's best to put these things in proper context, to gauge results realistically.

Diet btw is most important- neither exercise nor an herb will save your body from a poor diet. Handle that first, and then, why not make the most of your chances at success by working at it from all angles? Exercises, natural herbs, etc. @MamaGuru I put some stuff that worked for me, in all of these realms, on my profile. Stay focused, keep things in perspective, and it'll happen.
  • MarioLozano16
    MarioLozano16 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Who is Dr. Oz?
  • michellechawner
    Options
    Oh God another dr. Oz supporter :noway:

Have fun wasting your money - I'll send you my paypal account, I need to pay the bills.

do things the RIGHT way - eat, exercise, and make better choices.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    If Dr. Oz recommended eating *kitten* because it'll help you lose weight, then charged $70 for a supply of his own work, millions of people would still buy it and shove it down their throats.
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I don't care, I like Dr. Oz. I appreciate how he tries to give easily accessible, natural products to remedy problems instead of prescription after prescription. I believe that you can eat essentially anything and still lose weight as long as its in moderation. However, if he's recommending African Mango for weight loss, I'd find a little room in my calories and fit a few in. There are a lot of foods that will assist you in losing weight; for example, rice is a diuretic. Sure, most rice may be 'empty calories' or 'too many carbs', but you can utilize this food to help in your overall weight loss....in moderation. While I'm not personally familiar with African Mangos, I wouldn't discredit them just because "Dr. Oz said and he has a show so therefore lie." Try a few out while staying in your calorie goal and see how they work out! Maybe they give you a boost of energy that will assist in motivating you to exercise. Maybe they're incredibly filling - or maybe they're filled with fiber. Certainly there's a reason he's recommending it and I doubt that he's going to tarnish his reputation for a few million dollars which equates to about $0.50 for the majority of us on some fad product. If NOTHING else (and I'm sure someone will jump the gun on correcting me if I'm wrong) it 'sounds' like a natural supplement. What's the worst that can happen? You get some extra vitamins? Ooooooooo.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Old post, but OMG the mangoes in Africa were to die for! Sweet pure honey and heaven mixed together. Yeah Dr. Oz is right on this one of all the mangoes in the world I recommend the ones in Africa.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My point was that every week, Dr. Oz has some new miracle supplement that is the be-all and end-all of weight loss. To boost, every week it's something completely different from the last. He's a quack, it's a proven fact, and people are sheep. They'll do and try everything he tells you to.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    People still listen to what this quack has to say?
  • tilmoph
    tilmoph Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to figure out why you need mangos in a pill. Couldn't you just, like, I dunno, eat a mango? What does the mango pill do that mangos as food don't?

Seriously, at least I can wrap my brain around why raspberry ketones sell; people who have heard of ketosis but have no idea what it is think that the ketone bodies and not reduced calorie intake from carb reduction and greater satiety from fats and proteins cause weight loss. But cutting out carbs sucks, oh my what to do, oh wait, I can just buy ketones! And they're raspberry flavored! Hell yes! I mean, it's still dumb, but comprehensible dumb. Mango pills, aside from making me laugh like a moron for a spell, don't even have that, it's just pills full of mango, which is better than eating mangos because...pills?
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    I don't care, I like Dr. Oz. I appreciate how he tries to give easily accessible, natural products to remedy problems instead of prescription after prescription. I believe that you can eat essentially anything and still lose weight as long as its in moderation. However, if he's recommending African Mango for weight loss, I'd find a little room in my calories and fit a few in. There are a lot of foods that will assist you in losing weight; for example, rice is a diuretic. Sure, most rice may be 'empty calories' or 'too many carbs', but you can utilize this food to help in your overall weight loss....in moderation. While I'm not personally familiar with African Mangos, I wouldn't discredit them just because "Dr. Oz said and he has a show so therefore lie." Try a few out while staying in your calorie goal and see how they work out! Maybe they give you a boost of energy that will assist in motivating you to exercise. Maybe they're incredibly filling - or maybe they're filled with fiber. Certainly there's a reason he's recommending it and I doubt that he's going to tarnish his reputation for a few million dollars which equates to about $0.50 for the majority of us on some fad product. If NOTHING else (and I'm sure someone will jump the gun on correcting me if I'm wrong) it 'sounds' like a natural supplement. What's the worst that can happen? You get some extra vitamins? Ooooooooo.

I grew up on African Mangoes (was born in and lived in South Africa until I was 32) and African mangoes are just yummy - but without any magical side effects....If you eat too much, you will get fat. Dr Oz is a quack and not worth the title "Dr"..
    Anyone who makes money with lies is unethical....and I don't think he has much of a reputation to tarnish left.....
  • merlind28
    merlind28 Posts: 7
    Options
    When I was on the African Mango diet, I was so surprised by how my appetite was suppressed. I’m a meat and potatoes guy and I love burgers and fries so I was really nervous about not being able to lose any weight. After 3 days of taking the pills, I noticed I had more energy and I didn’t crave bacon and hash browns in the morning (my wife is a great cook and she always make a huge breakfast- maybe that’s why I gained all of this weight) I was able to go through my day and not feel hungry all the time like I did before. I even started eating healthier, like grilled chicken and some salads and I was also able to cut sodas out. I took it for 2 months and lost 40 pounds. I am very happy with the results and I continue to take 1 capsule a day for the extra energy. This diet really made me realize that I needed to make changes in my life and I am much healthier now after I tried it. I followed this free diet guide http://www.healthdiscoveriesjournal.com/mango/ along with my regular dosage and it really worked wonders.
  • merlind28
    Options
    When I was on the African Mango diet, I was so surprised by how my appetite was suppressed. I’m a meat and potatoes guy and I love burgers and fries so I was really nervous about not being able to lose any weight. After 3 days of taking the pills, I noticed I had more energy and I didn’t crave bacon and hash browns in the morning (my wife is a great cook and she always make a huge breakfast- maybe that’s why I gained all of this weight) I was able to go through my day and not feel hungry all the time like I did before. I even started eating healthier, like grilled chicken and some salads and I was also able to cut sodas out. I took it for 2 months and lost 40 pounds. I am very happy with the results and I continue to take 1 capsule a day for the extra energy. This diet really made me realize that I needed to make changes in my life and I am much healthier now after I tried it. I followed this free diet guide http://www.healthdiscoveriesjournal.com/mango/ along with my regular dosage and it really worked wonders.
  • merlind28
    Options
  • merlind28
    Options
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Dr. OZ recommends EVERYTHING for weight loss. Every single day, his show puts out something different. Don't do it, it's just another scam to remove money from your wallet.

Weight loss is simply calories in, versus calories out. It's not magic, it's math. Repeat after me, there is no magic pill or potion that will make you lose weight, or keep you from getting hungry while you're losing weight. The hunger pangs will stop when your brain and stomach adjust to the new calorie intake and not a second before, no matter how much money you spend on snake oil products.

Eat less, move more--is the answer to long term weight loss and fitness, and that's a story, no one has figured out how to sell yet---LOL