I got addicted to a donut.

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    And this is why I bake my own healthy donuts, still just as tasty or tastier.

Share?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    For me, I know it might be weird. Do you remember that commercial, where the person that ate a lot of donuts, was wearing a huge donut prop around them? And the lady that ate honey buns, had huge prop ones on her buns? Anytime I eat potato chips, ice cream, donuts, or anything that makes you fat I picture that commercial, and imagine for instance a bag of potato chips stuck tp the front of my shirt. Weird I know. But it helps me to avoid fatty foods. Remember, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.
    None of those foods make you fat. No food makes you fat. A caloric surplus makes you fat. I eat potato chips, ice cream, and donuts regularly, and I've had no problem losing and maintaining.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. OP, you have my sympathy. How about cutting it in half and throwing one piece in the trash, quickly? Or walk back down that line and offer the second half to a random person. That could be fun :smile:
  • raegrove
    raegrove Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    And sadly my new addiction is mocha frappe's from McDonalds...damn frappe's! Before finding your post I was actually thinking about buying a large one (670 calories!!!) on my way home, enjoying it, and then never again! a friend of mine suggested using it as a treat for when I lose a certain amount, but I truly think I just need to stay away from those completely! I will never give up sweets, but nothing about that (even a small with no whip cream or chocolate drizzle is 370 calories) is a small treat! Should I go for it?

It's fate! I stopped at Mcdonalds on my way home to get a large mocha frappe. she tried to make it and the machine went down! It worked just minutes before! It's not meant to be! no more frappe's for me!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    For me, I know it might be weird. Do you remember that commercial, where the person that ate a lot of donuts, was wearing a huge donut prop around them? And the lady that ate honey buns, had huge prop ones on her buns? Anytime I eat potato chips, ice cream, donuts, or anything that makes you fat I picture that commercial, and imagine for instance a bag of potato chips stuck tp the front of my shirt. Weird I know. But it helps me to avoid fatty foods. Remember, a moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips.
    None of those foods make you fat. No food makes you fat. A caloric surplus makes you fat. I eat potato chips, ice cream, and donuts regularly, and I've had no problem losing and maintaining.
    Me too, ice cream everyday. :drinker: Enjoy your donut, OP. :flowerforyou:
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Thank the good Lord there are only crappy doughnuts in north east Ohio. And if you know of any non-crappy doughnuts in north east Ohio, please do NOT tell me where. :laugh:
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Thank the good Lord there are only crappy doughnuts in north east Ohio. And if you know of any non-crappy doughnuts in north east Ohio, please do NOT tell me where. :laugh:

Same here. Well, except those Cider donuts from the local farm. Those are delicious. And the ones Whole Foods makes. All the chains are just horrible and not worth the calories in comparison.
  • teamAmelia
    teamAmelia Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    :laugh: The subject made me laugh. Well, if you "exercise hard" and are not gaining weight, I don't see what the problem is. If you want to get over the craving, eat so much til you get tired of them. Or, cause tension between you and the staff so that you won't be tempted to go there anymore. Ask them not to serve you anymore. :laugh:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Well since you eat these often you might as well create a food in the database or find an existing cake or donut so that you can see the carbs and fat with your totals for the day. It will make your food diary not look as good as it does by just quick adding the calories. Also, maybe track your sugars, it probably uses all your sugars for the day so I agree with you OP- it is not healthy to eat a big donut like that everyday.

Since you are obsessing over them I think you'd be best just quitting cold turkey. If you need something sweet everday find something alse without such a high impact, like a 200 calorie fix. Or like someone said cut the donut in half and throw half out but I have a feeling that would not work with you.
  • Ignaura
    Ignaura Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    If you are dreaming about it, then you have a problem.
    And really, how people would rather have 500 calories from one single sugar/bad fats loaded donut instead of from a juicy perfectly grilled steak it's beyond me.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    If you are dreaming about it, then you have a problem.
    And really, how people would rather have 500 calories from one single sugar/bad fats loaded donut instead of from a juicy perfectly grilled steak it's beyond me.

I'm a vegetarian.....bring on the donut!
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    For me these things can go one of two ways. Either I eventually get tired of it and am on to my next food love, or one is no longer enough and then it is two, etc. I am OK with indulging the first, just fitting it into my day for a limited time frame, but the minute it starts teetering on "if one makes me happy think how happy TWO will make me!" then I have to nip it, cold turkey. I have a certain number of calories I allot to discretionary things, and I function better all around if I do not regularly go over that number.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think of myself as a non-practicing chocoholic. I haven't had chocolate since February. Since there's no way for me to have 'just a little bit' I had to go cold turkey instead. If you have a tough time controlling yourself, abstaining may be the way to go.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Fatty foods don't make you fat.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think of myself as a non-practicing chocoholic. I haven't had chocolate since February. Since there's no way for me to have 'just a little bit' I had to go cold turkey instead. If you have a tough time controlling yourself, abstaining may be the way to go.

This is so me. I'm a total chocoholic. It stinks. OP I completely get it. I don't know how you get over it, but I know how addicting some food can be. Basically you've created an emotional attachment to the donut. From what I've heard you have to create an undesirable emotional attachment to get over it. Not sure if this works or not, but that's what I've heard.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I would buy 1 dozen and make yourself sick.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    its obviously the topping that you like. so why not slice the top 3rd of the donut off (with the topping) and ditch the rest.

BAM, 500cal probably became 250.
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    its obviously the topping that you like. so why not slice the top 3rd of the donut off (with the topping) and ditch the rest.

BAM, 500cal probably became 250.

No, I love the entire donut! Didn't you read about it being filled with coconut cream throughout? And it is a rising yeast donut. It is a light fluffy pleasure that melts in your mouth.
  • Lizajayne23
    Lizajayne23 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. OP, you have my sympathy. How about cutting it in half and throwing one piece in the trash, quickly? Or walk back down that line and offer the second half to a random person. That could be fun :smile:

I was going to suggest this, too! Or if you don't want to share with a stranger, how about a coworker or other acquaintance? You might just brighten someone's day and isn't that worth giving up half a donut when you get one each day? Then, you get all of the goodness inside and out for only half the calories!