Green Coffee Bean Extract (GCBE) and Garcinia Cambogia

Options

Replies

• NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm trying the Garcinia Cambogia simply because its supposed to up the Serotonin in the brain and I think that could help me 'feel better' and thus have less of a difficult time doing the right things for myself. I don't think it will be a miracle appetite suppressant for anyone but if I had to guess, that Serotonin effect might be stronger in some than others. Caveat- I'm not a doctor and don't even play one on TV!
  • kuponokealoha
    kuponokealoha Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Background - I'm a 28YO female, 5'4", 140-ish pounds -- goal is to be 130 pounds. I'm not obese, nor am I severely overweight -- just want to lose the last ten.

I have been taking both Garcinia Cambogia and Green Coffee Extract for the past week. I have since lost 1 pound.

I definitely feel a lot more full after eating meals. For instance, I usually have a gardenburger or lean cuisine for lunch. Usually after eating this, I would add on a 'dessert' item. Since taking these supplements, I'm pretty full after my meal; to the point that I can't even stomach any more food. I was averaging about 2,000 calories per day before taking these supplements, which has caused me to gain 10 pounds over the last 6 months. With these supplements, I have reduced my caloric intake to about 1,700 per day without feeling hungry.

I also workout 5 times a week, which I did before the supplements and continue to do while taking the supplements. Cardio days include treadmill jogging and incline walking. I also take Lagree Pilates SPX classes. (reformer-type pilates). I think the supplements make me feel more energized than usual, but again, could be the placebo effect.

So again, I have not changed my workouts and my diet has changed only to the point that I am eating less because the supplements have suppressed my appetite. I will post more results in the future. Hope this helps anyone thinking about taking it.
  • alel1977
    alel1977 Posts: 2
    Options
    I was wondering which brand did you buy at GNC, they have a bunch of them...are you still taking them?
  • ukchic25
    ukchic25 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

^^This...is what I was thinking as well. Remind me to never post a question on this site, ever!

Unfortunately it seems if you bring any idea, question, suggestion that isn't calorie counting, you will get torn apart on here. I'm not sure who died and made all these negative people God. The other thing I notice is that it's usually the same people. I just said this exact same thing on a different thread because people were ripping apart the OP...and low and behold, some of those people are also the negative ones on here. It's sad!!!
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    7 months later, this thread is STILL going?
  • jenny_tan01
    Options
    Just wondering if you continued using Garcinia Cambogia? If so, have you noticed any change? I've been on the pill for 3 weeks.... I have not lost any weight. On the Dr, Oz show, it said that it would take up to a month to notice anything.... I'm discouraged because I do exercise on a regular basis, I eat fairly healthy, and I do eat smaller portions, but I can't get rid of the belly fat and the last 10 pounds. I was hoping this pill would give me a boost but hasn't :'(
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    SPAM?
  • nikkereese
    Options
    I drink Yogi Green Tea the Slim Life one. Its has Garcinia Cambogia in it. I would trust a tea before I would a pill.
  • Mrwhatever
    Options
    Ever since I became disabled 15 + years ago I have gained over 100 pounds :(. I have gone through the Lindora weight lose system TWICE and it worked but I put it all back on again. I did isogenics and it really worked. I lost more than 50 pounds. However I long since put that all on again too! So I heard about the coffee bean extract being a success story so I figured what the heck it wont hurt to try it. I have been on the green coffee bean from Costco now for 5 months 2 pills per day and I have lost already 14 lbs and I am actually maintaining that weight. Now I hope to lose another 14 lb block. I do swim nightly because it is no impact however I do not exercise outside of the pool because I cant. I will report again in a few months where I am at that time.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    7 months later, this thread is STILL going?

And still going. I'd FAR rather see the same thread resurrected... than new threads started on the same topic every day. Even when it's resurrected by a spammer.

Spam-Can.jpg
  • SugarBaby71
    SugarBaby71 Posts: 3,630 Member
    Options
    I actually just read some info that Wal-Mart published, I don't know where my hubby found it, but basically it said in one study it didn't work. In a second study it did.

But I've been around this block a few times.. One thing I have figured out is that if a pill would actually REALLY work, none of us would be struggling with our weight.
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    :wink: It is not the calories that matter it is the type of calories. You can count all day long, but if you eat junk then it doesn't matter, You would not be jump starting your metabolic burn, but hurting your health. Supplements and vitamins can be a tremendous help if used correctly. Thank you to all those who have tried it and posted your results. You can never do enough research and glad I found this thread.

If you take these supplements and it becomes your license to eat cake, hotdogs, soda, etc. then you've missed the boat :).
    That's my .02c

OH my other .02c. My personal motto - if it is made from a plant, eat the plant instead :)
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    The "magic" coffee green pill is actually really expensive. I've seen those ads everywhere and looked up one of the brands, really expensive and not something over the counter. It's coffee bean extract so it would give you energy but you can actually get the same amount from having 3 or 4 cups of coffee per day.
  • riveroflight
    Options
    Green coffee bean does *not* work as a stimulant or give 'energy'. It is not at all like drinking coffee. (Although, it is helpful to have a little caffeine, a cup of coffee or green tea 30 min before a workout.)

It works because of an acid present in the *unroasted* bean.
  • riveroflight
    Options
    tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

^^This...is what I was thinking as well. Remind me to never post a question on this site, ever!

Unfortunately it seems if you bring any idea, question, suggestion that isn't calorie counting, you will get torn apart on here. I'm not sure who died and made all these negative people God. The other thing I notice is that it's usually the same people. I just said this exact same thing on a different thread because people were ripping apart the OP...and low and behold, some of those people are also the negative ones on here. It's sad!!!

I so agree.
  • amraho1
    Options
    "tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

Unfortunately it seems if you bring any idea, question, suggestion that isn't calorie counting, you will get torn apart on here. I'm not sure who died and made all these negative people God. The other thing I notice is that it's usually the same people. I just said this exact same thing on a different thread because people were ripping apart the OP...and low and behold, some of those people are also the negative ones on here. It's sad!!! "

There's a big difference between being honest and being brutally honest. All the OP said was that she was interested in giving it a shot, not that she had any unreasonable expectations. All she wanted was feedback as to whether anyone had tried it and what their results were, if any. What the OP got, were variations of :you're in idiot if you think there is a magic pill and stop being lazy and just work out more and eat less. Not in those exact words but the tone and underlying attitudes where there. Here's a suggestion to those who think it's their job to be brutally honest, there's always a nice way to say a hard truth. It's not about coddling or babying anyone here, it's about being considerate and opening lines of communication on a subject we've all dealt with on our weight loss journey's. If you can't manage to do that, maybe it's not your place to comment. To the OP: give it a try, monitor your results and listen to your body. It will tell you if you're not on the right track. Also, do your research on the product, continue to work out and develop a healthy diet if you haven't already done so. Good luck and let us all know how it goes!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    "tough crowd huh? I thought this is the place you could go and ask questions not be torn apart for asking them

Unfortunately it seems if you bring any idea, question, suggestion that isn't calorie counting, you will get torn apart on here. I'm not sure who died and made all these negative people God. The other thing I notice is that it's usually the same people. I just said this exact same thing on a different thread because people were ripping apart the OP...and low and behold, some of those people are also the negative ones on here. It's sad!!! "

There's a big difference between being honest and being brutally honest. All the OP said was that she was interested in giving it a shot, not that she had any unreasonable expectations. All she wanted was feedback as to whether anyone had tried it and what their results were, if any. What the OP got, were variations of :you're in idiot if you think there is a magic pill and stop being lazy and just work out more and eat less. Not in those exact words but the tone and underlying attitudes where there. Here's a suggestion to those who think it's their job to be brutally honest, there's always a nice way to say a hard truth. It's not about coddling or babying anyone here, it's about being considerate and opening lines of communication on a subject we've all dealt with on our weight loss journey's. If you can't manage to do that, maybe it's not your place to comment. To the OP: give it a try, monitor your results and listen to your body. It will tell you if you're not on the right track. Also, do your research on the product, continue to work out and develop a healthy diet if you haven't already done so. Good luck and let us all know how it goes!
    Unfortunately, this "try it and see if it works" ground is where the unscrupulous supplement makers live.
    They count on people's hope and faith that it might work.
    Many posters on here are critical thinkers that want to see evidence that things work before blindly charging in to try it and wasting hard-earned money. Many of them have already learned that there is no short cut to weight loss and health and would like to help the newer posters who might buy in to these unproven and unevidenced schemes that are everywhere.
    Hell, Oprah, who has the ear of way too many gives a platform to these hucksters way too often.
  • Italianfatty
    Options
    OP should have posted this question because others who search for this very topic will now know the answer.

Some answers will come across as "rude" but when posting a question you're going to receive different variations and you should be appreciative that you received answers from anyone at all.

I searched this topic and I read all the replies. I know this is an old topic but thank you to everyone who posted.
    Thank you..was the right response, OP. (:
  • JorisSt
    Options
    For all information you need about Green Coffee Beans, on weigtlossnatural.org there's a video where dr Oz explains every important aspect.

Joris S.
  • sydstar
    sydstar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I feel like the Green Coffee Bean Extract isn't necessarily meant to be the end all, be all to lose the weight. I think it is supposed to rev up your energy level to give you that extra boost to help you work out.
This discussion has been closed.